Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
These album threads are always the same. When the album first drops, the majority of the people like it (presumably because those are actual fans of the artist) while you might have a few saying it’s trash despite it only being out for 5 minutes. As time goes on, that’s when most of the comments start saying it’s trash (or overrated if it’s an actual great album).

Well on day 1...im calling this trash

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
He should've just released the album without the delays, theatrics, stadium events etc..

Made it seem like this was gonna be a All Eyez On Me, Life After Death, Illmatic type album.....:francis:

3.5 Mics off first listen.
Drake is gonna come and wash this album from the headlines. :hubie:
East coast bias notification.
Illmatic is NOT an AEOM or LAD level Album

It's a 2pacalypse now, level album, if that

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I dig Jonah, but most of this shyt is boring. Not holding my attention at all. Believe What I Say is pretty good. 24 is alright for the first half or so. Remote Control is okay. Alot of this album is just tedious.

Listening to this track right now. Jonah is more basic than any other track, so I can't follow your reason. It's whatevs tho. Durk went in tho. Atmospheric and well mixed. I can see what you're saying. I think that whoever engineered this album didn't want to risk/experiment. That's why a lot of the songs are sonically similar.

Ye didn't create an album concept. It looks like his thought shyt would just fall together on some gumbo shyt.

It's hella delicious appetizers. Not a full course with desert.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol:Covering his *ss in case album is not well received.
Gonna blame the lable for releasing the ''unfinished album'' and ruining his genius process:skip:
Is his argument that it wasn't done. It sounds like he upset that they released it without Jail 2. But it's on there now so his excuse is lame. Unless he saying it's not finished. If that's the complaint then he should have spoke up earlier. because Def Jam said that it was fully submitted.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Is his argument that it wasn't done. It sounds like he upset that they released it without Jail 2. But it's on there now so his excuse is lame. Unless he saying it's not finished. If that's the complaint then he should have spoke up earlier. because Def Jam said that it was fully submitted.

He read all the comments online calling it trash