Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
If this shyt wasn’t titles after his mother that passed I fee like people would be going in harder on this.

I’m listening on and off and it just sounds like the call of duty of music. I and pray one day we can get out of this fake singing harmonizing what sounds like gibberish chamber of music.

Sad that a “artist” of his caliber can’t release a solo album, this is a compilation.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
irrelevance is the direction in which each successive post-Pablo album is veering, like some endless noodling over the same beat into the heavens. This album is flabby dad bod in musical form. Midway through streaming it, a trap jingle for Old Spice came on. It took me 20 seconds to realize this wasn’t one of the 27 tracks off Donda. That’s the type of album we’re talking about here. But if this slog somehow brings you closer to God, more power to you.”

Critic’s Notebook: Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ Is a Muddled Wallow in Navel-Gazing – The Hollywood Reporter

YIKES:huhldup: looks like the Honeymoon’s over with the white media

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:Covering his *ss in case album is not well received.
Gonna blame the lable for releasing the ''unfinished album'' and ruining his genius process:skip:
It’s current at 3.73/5 on rym

this album is well over received well

in contrast fishscale is at 3.80 and All eyes on me is at 3.63

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
East coast bias notification.
Illmatic is NOT an AEOM or LAD level Album

It's a 2pacalypse now, level album, if that

Compare the consensus greatest hip hop album of all time to 2pacalypse brehs

Kanye stans are furious this album was mid to average after all the theatrics :wow:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Pitchfork gave Kanye's last two albums a 7.1 and 7.2. They haven't been on his wave in ages.

Yeezus got rave reviews from everyone, not just them. As it should...it's an amazing album with huge influence. :manny:

Ye and JIK were both 3-4/10 at best albums so them hovering in the 7 range is flagrant anyways. Even they couldnt have pretended those trash ass shyts was 8+

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Leave it up to Kanye to release the most polarizing album of the year:mjlol:

This nikka just CANNOT get out of his own way. There’s true greatness SCREAMING to be let out on this album and instead of hunkering down with Consequence, Cyhi, Rhymefest & somebody like Kirk Franklin this nikka wanna dikk around with Marilyn Manson:gucci:
Album is good but could have been a fcking classic :russ:.

there are some gems on there

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Chris brown calling Kanye a hoe on IG.

What the hell is going on, dude is on the album

He’s got a writing credit but is not physically on the album.

Souljah Boy mad too.

Seems like a bunch of artists were expecting to be included on the album. But Kanye’s been doing shyt like this since at LEAST MBDTF, working with a vast patchwork of artists and then picking and choosing the best verses, hooks, features, etc. to be included on the final product.

I have no idea why any artist would EXPECT to be included on a Kanye album until the shyt is actually released.

Last edited: