Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I remember when Ye wanted to release a "stringstrumentals" version of College Dropout with no drums and vocals. I think it was in the same Scratch magazine when he talked about stealing Eminem's drums. Seems like he's finally doing something like that.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

In reference to the second slide - this shyt is pretty crazy (more for it's potential)...

The fact the software can actually split the stems of any song is very cool (must use AI), it has not be easy to do this for alot of daw... i wanna see how a dj uses this. If it had auto beatmatch between stems then you can make tracks and do a whole live set on it... and the workflow would be very interesting

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

In reference to the second slide - this shyt is pretty crazy (more for it's potential)...

The fact the software can actually split the stems of any song is very cool (must use AI), it has not be easy to do this for alot of daw... i wanna see how a dj uses this. If it had auto beatmatch between stems then you can make tracks and do a whole live set on it... and the workflow would be very interesting

Or, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just complete YOUR album the way YOU want it to sound and release it. You're the fukking artist, we are the consumers :francis:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just complete YOUR album the way YOU want it to sound and release it. You're the fukking artist, we are the consumers :francis:
Oh I was talking more about the hardware use in general not about the album. The album I guess is still coming out he’s just releasing it also for this hardware.

My post was more in regards to hardware from producer, DJ perspective. Totally get this album rollout is weird asf :russ:

Dizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
AZ
Hold up. So that device can split ANY song into stems?!? :mindblown:
:krs: fukking sold!

Edit: Just checked it out. 200 for all that ain’t bad actually. This would change workflow completely. You could do some cool shyt live with this too.

Last edited:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold up. So that device can split ANY song into stems?!? :mindblown:
:krs: fukking sold!

Edit: Just checked it out. 200 for all that ain’t bad actually. This would change workflow completely. You could do some cool shyt live with this too.
This guy knows! It is prob tech that existed but prob wasnt packaged all together or really focused on because a stem player is a very specific vision that Kanye had/fell in love with when working with these other partners...

It has huge potential for producers and DJs.. even just uploading any song, taking the vocals, mixing the drums with another stem... uploading your own bass and integrating in a workflow just using your fingers, it is highly created!.... I am tempted to get it :russ:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m not gonna call people dumb cause many people just don’t know. But you are extremely mistaken if you think for one, that they done created technology to cleanly isolate particular instruments and vocals from any song. As far as music and production technology has advanced, that shyt is not even close to being achieved. Some people think DJs or producers can just isolate vocals from any song and that simply ain’t true. It’s programs and techniques to do it, but the results depend on a lot of other factors. Official acapellas still the go to. And that’s just concerning vocals, not even talking about trying to isolate baselines and other shyt.

Now imagine all that shyt i said is wrong and they have created the technology. Do you think it’s gonna cost $200 fukking dollars, and come with the hardware :martin: If you make beats or into music production, you know damn well you ain’t getting no shyt like that for no $200. It’s like common sense if you actually done spent money on hardware and software over the years. shyt ain’t no cheap hobby.

I assume this will have the ability to isolate stems that you upload yourself and will come preloaded with hella Kanye West stems. Stems are like master copy’s damn near. Ain’t no damn artist submitting they stems to be uploaded to that shyt unless they on Good Music :skip:

shyt is a lil cool novelty item that you can upload your own stems to and that’s gonna have Kanye stems you can remix and play with. And it’s gonna have colorful lights and shyt cause people love colorful lights. And it’s gonna be packaged with his album as a marketing and promotional tool.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps

I believe izotope rx8 does that too

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I’m not gonna call people dumb cause many people just don’t know. But you are extremely mistaken if you think for one, that they done created technology to cleanly isolate particular instruments and vocals from any song. As far as music and production technology has advanced, that shyt is not even close to being achieved. Some people think DJs or producers can just isolate vocals from any song and that simply ain’t true. It’s programs and techniques to do it, but the results depend on a lot of other factors. Official acapellas still the go to. And that’s just concerning vocals, not even talking about trying to isolate baselines and other shyt.

Now imagine all that shyt i said is wrong and they have created the technology. Do you think it’s gonna cost $200 fukking dollars, and come with the hardware :martin: If you make beats or into music production, you know damn well you ain’t getting no shyt like that for no $200. It’s like common sense if you actually done spent money on hardware and software over the years. shyt ain’t no cheap hobby.

I assume this will have the ability to isolate stems that you upload yourself and will come preloaded with hella Kanye West stems. Stems are like master copy’s damn near. Ain’t no damn artist submitting they stems to be uploaded to that shyt unless they on Good Music :skip:

shyt is a lil cool novelty item that you can upload your own stems to and that’s gonna have Kanye stems you can remix and play with. And it’s gonna have colorful lights and shyt cause people love colorful lights. And it’s gonna be packaged with his album as a marketing and promotional tool.

:unimpressed:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Problem with this, technology is inconsistent and borderline flimsy when it comes to breaking the tracks down to stems. An artist would have to upload each steam to really be able to accurately control each portion of a song without screwing up the frequency