Kanye says Drake's diss "don't mean sh*t" because his career is artificial

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ye is right, all these Drake reference tracks leaking. How do you take Drake seriously??? Drake don't write his raps.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything in this post but the bolded :jbhmm:

Even though public sentiment has turned against him, he has been quite a bit more than an artist his entire career. Rapper, producer, label head... just in music alone, he wears many hats. Idk if his label ate off the stuff he did outside of music, but I assume not. Ye was making more outside of rap recently, but with a lot of his deals falling apart, he had to start caring about music. Plus this gives him another reason to keep beefing with the six point cacs

I mean he was just an artist in relation to how he interacted with Lucian Grainge.

Drake on the otherhand apparently has an unlimited budget/resources at UMG:

Kinda odd when he's not even the biggest star on UMG. Which is why people were asking about the preferential treatment.

Fred.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda odd when he's not even the biggest star on UMG. Which is why people were asking about the preferential treatment.

Fred.
:jbhmm:compare to other rappers on UMG is Drake more media friendly maybe that has something to do with it :patrice:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I'm still confused why everyone hate drake all of a sudden:dahell:
dave-chapelle-chapelle-show.gif

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
Ya'll males need to let Drake go. I can understand the teenage girls and Lil kids and thot's that don't know nothin' but dudes? Dudes??

Why are dudes on Drake? Hiphop got a Lil Wacker since he rose up. Ever notice that skills suddenly don't matter anymore? Gonna stay like that as long as Drake is there.

Dudes that like drake are sus. That's a girls thing man.
All Facts