Kamala's Racial Identity Discussion

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I’m not sure what this has to do with my post

A person absorbing a culture
Niqqa please. Her family, like many immigrants in the 60s and 70s who came colonial rule, saw oneness in Blackness whether here or abroad. You simply are not getting it, thinking one not fathering how to make some greens is more important than those who are invested in protecting their humanity.

Good awful thought process and one born out of new age neglect for the past

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Niqqa please. Her family, like many immigrants in the 60s and 70s who came colonial rule, saw oneness in Blackness whether here or abroad. You simply are not getting it, thinking one not fathering how to make some greens is more important than those who are invested in protecting their humanity.

Good awful thought process and one born out of new age neglect for the past
blackness= macro broad scale. Akin to pan africanism, pro afro diaspronism

Thats not what im referring to. Im talking about FBA/ADOS ground level culture, specifically

She had access through channels not through an organic ethnic based process. And there's a difference between the two

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
blackness= macro broad scale. Akin to pan africanism, pro afro diaspronism

Thats not what im referring to. Im talking about FBA/ADOS ground level culture, specifically

She had access through channels not through an organic ethnic based process. And there's a difference between the two

The things you deem important in people's identities are not in the grand scheme of things.

No culture is monolithic, especially a large, diverse and varied one like Black people in the US approaching 40 million individuals of African origin.

What youre saying is that if a Black person born and raised in the US hates rap music and the toxic, druggie, mysoginistic, criminal nature of the culture around it then somehow theyre not Black enough because everyone else who is Black around them has no problem with hiphop.

This incessant demand and pidgeon holing of Black people to all be the same thing is what has hampered Black progress.
Talk the same, walk the same, dress the same, dance the same and have the same outlook on life is not community building but community suffocation and a slow painful death.
Not everyone likes grits, or the strip club culture of the South.

Black cultures regionally in the US are very different, so this idea that there is a some commonality Black Americans all share and those without it are less is plain stupid and reeks of gross insecurity.

You must have been one of those failing bullies in public school's tormenting the kids with A's saying theyre trying to be White :pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You guys thinking any of this substitutes living in an fba/ados home and actually growing up in the culture :beli:

Who said anything about "substitutes"? You claimed she didn't have any ADOS cultural experience growing up and that was a lie. When she speaks about the Black people who helped raise her, whose homes and community centers and churches she spent a huge part of her time inside from early childhood all the way up through college, she's talking about ADOS. She really did "grow up" in that culture even if her parents weren't from it.

At the end of the day, Kamala Harris is still not of African American lineage as she has claimed & needs to stop lying & masquerading as if she is.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Imagine someone claiming that Trump can't claim European-American because his mother and grandparents were all immigrants. :laff:

Kamala's dad was literally a speaker at the Afro-American Association, do you think they were telling him that he's not Afro-American? Do you think the Afro-American members who raised Kamala in a Black neighborhood in Berkeley, or the 40% Black school she went to in Montreal, or her classmates at Howard, or her classmates at Hastings who elected her the president of the Black Law Students Association, EVER told her she wasn't African-American, even once? Kamala has never once "claimed, lied or masqueraded" that she had any lineage other than exactly what she has.

It's no suprise that all 3 people who dapped you up are "#bothsiders". This is a political joke masquerading as a racial dispute.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you wrote. ADOS are black people , but a biracial, imo, is not an ADOS, they have ADOS in them, but they are not ADOS. an ADOS is someone with 2 black parents, regardless of admixtures. See thread title again, and the many others you will read in the coming weeks, they are all written by ADOS. :hubie:

aka not black. but has black in her.

Weird take. Nobody says Faith Evans has black in her or Amerie or Sade have black in them. They're referred to as black artists

You can try and rewrite the dictionary and make up your own words, but that's never how the word "Black" was defined in America. Frederick Douglass has ALWAYS been consiered Black. Booker T. Washington has ALWAYS been considered Black. When Kamala Harris was growing up, she was considered Black, full stop.

If you want to say "Kamala is not ADOS the way I define the term", then that's fine, she's never called herself ADOS (though she is a descendant of slavery). But coming in and saying, "She's not Black" all of the sudden in 2024 when she's been Black her entire life is just goofy.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Imagine someone claiming that Trump can't claim European-American because his mother and grandparents were all immigrants.

Kamala's dad was literally a speaker at the Afro-American Association, do you think they were telling him that he's not Afro-American? Do you think the Afro-American members who raised Kamala in a Black neighborhood in Berkeley, or the 40% Black school she went to in Montreal, or her classmates at Howard, or her classmates at Hastings who elected her the president of the Black Law Students Association, EVER told her she wasn't African-American, even once?

It's no suprise that all 3 people who dapped you up are "#bothsiders". This is a political joke masquerading as a racial dispute.

All your incessant babbling & groupie pandering doesn't change the FACT that Kamala Harris is not of African American lineage as she has claimed numerous times.

Kamala has never once "claimed, lied or masqueraded" that she had any lineage other than exactly what she has.

Another one of your bold-faced lies and deceptive tactics to obscure the truth and move the goalposts, which can easily be debunked. :umad:

Below are Kamala Harris's direct quotes:

In a 2018 interview with Elle magazine:
“I was raised to be proud of my African American heritage and the legacy of those who came before me.”

During her campaign for the presidency in 2019, she said in a speech:
“I am a proud African American woman, and my story reflects the diverse and inclusive nature of our nation.”

From a 2019 interview with The New York Times:
“I was raised by my mother to embrace and honor my heritage as an African American woman, and it is a core part of who I am.”

During the 2020 Democratic primary debate:
“As an African American woman, I understand the struggles and challenges faced by many in our community.”

In her 2021 memoir Superheroes Are Everywhere:
“Growing up as an African American woman, I saw firsthand the power of perseverance and resilience in overcoming obstacles.”

Inauguration speech, January 20, 2021"
"As the first African American and first woman to serve as Vice President of the United States, my story is the story of America."

Kamala Harris, Victory speech, November 7, 2020
"I am the first African American and first woman to hold this office. Every step of the way, I've been guided by the words I spoke from the very first day I took office: 'Integrity, Optimism, and Courage."

Kamala Harris, 2020 Vice Presidential Debate, October 7, 2020
"I'm proud to be the first African American and first woman to hold this office. Every young girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities."

Now lets see how much nonsensical bullshyt you're going spew & spin now. :russ::lolbron::mjlol::pachaha::sas2:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All your incessant babbling & groupie pandering doesn't change the FACT that Kamala Harris is not of African American lineage as she has claimed numerous times.

Another one of your bold-faced lies and deceptive tactics to obscure the truth and move the goalposts, which can easily be debunked. :umad:

Below are Kamala Harris's direct quotes:

In a 2018 interview with Elle magazine:
“I was raised to be proud of my African American heritage and the legacy of those who came before me.”

During her campaign for the presidency in 2019, she said in a speech:
“I am a proud African American woman, and my story reflects the diverse and inclusive nature of our nation.”

From a 2019 interview with The New York Times:
“I was raised by my mother to embrace and honor my heritage as an African American woman, and it is a core part of who I am.”

During the 2020 Democratic primary debate:
“As an African American woman, I understand the struggles and challenges faced by many in our community.”

In her 2021 memoir Superheroes Are Everywhere:
“Growing up as an African American woman, I saw firsthand the power of perseverance and resilience in overcoming obstacles.”

Inauguration speech, January 20, 2021"
"As the first African American and first woman to serve as Vice President of the United States, my story is the story of America."

Kamala Harris, Victory speech, November 7, 2020
"I am the first African American and first woman to hold this office. Every step of the way, I've been guided by the words I spoke from the very first day I took office: 'Integrity, Optimism, and Courage."

Kamala Harris, 2020 Vice Presidential Debate, October 7, 2020
"I'm proud to be the first African American and first woman to hold this office. Every young girl watching tonight sees that this is a country of possibilities."

Now lets see how much nonsensical bullshyt you're going spew & spin now. :russ::lolbron::mjlol::pachaha::sas2:

She IS African-American the way the term was used in her generation, dumbass. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

"I identify as African-American — that's how I'm treated and that's how I'm viewed. I'm proud of it."

Oh, wait, that was Obama not Kamala. I guess that Obama was a "bald-faced liar" too? :laff: :laff: :laff:

Colin Powell is officially honored by the military as the first African-American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Obama is honored as the first African-American Commander in Chief. Should they give that back and tell them they're not African-American anymore cause O.G.B. on The Coli redifined the term? :dead:

U.S. Government defines Colin Powell as "African-American" across every site - State Department, Defense Department, Arlington National Cemetary:

Obama's own presidential library says he's the first African-American president, as does the official White House website. Obama identified that way in public. Is Obama a liar?

The National Museum of African-American History and Culture includes Colin Powell, Marcus Garvey, Stokely Carmichael, Carlos Cooks, etc.

Imagine someone claiming that Trump can't claim European-American because his mother and grandparents were all immigrants. :laff:

Kamala's dad was literally a speaker at the Afro-American Association, do you think they were telling him that he's not Afro-American? Do you think the Afro-American members who raised Kamala in a Black neighborhood in Berkeley, or the 40% Black school she went to in Montreal, or her classmates at Howard, or her classmates at Hastings who elected her the president of the Black Law Students Association, EVER told her she wasn't African-American, even once? Kamala has never once "claimed, lied or masqueraded" that she had any lineage other than exactly what she has.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

"Barack Obama is not speaking as a friend of the community; he is speaking as part of the community - he's one of us. He directly relates to the struggles within the African-American community."

Someone should tell Jesse Jackson Jr. that the internet has decided Barack Obama isn't African-American anymore. :pachaha:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
She IS African-American the way the term was used in her generation, dumbass. :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

"I identify as African-American — that's how I'm treated and that's how I'm viewed. I'm proud of it."

Oh, wait, that was Obama not Kamala. I guess that Obama was a "bald-faced liar" too? :laff: :laff: :laff:

Colin Powell is officially honored by the military as the first African-American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Obama is honored as the first African-American Commander in Chief. Should they give that back and tell them they're not African-American anymore cause O.G.B. on The Coli redifined the term? :dead:

U.S. Government defines Colin Powell as "African-American" across every site - State Department, Defense Department, Arlington National Cemetary:

Obama's own presidential library says he's the first African-American president, as does the official White House website. Obama identified that way in public. Is Obama a liar?

The National Museum of African-American History and Culture includes Colin Powell, Marcus Garvey, Stokely Carmichael, Carlos Cooks, etc.

At the end of the day we only have ourselves to blame. It’s blatant that they have a negative disposition to putting fba/ados lineage in top positions of power
We never should have been stupid enough to accept African-American in how it’s defined

“If anybody can be you …..then there’s nothing really to you“

Just the way white American supremacy likes it. As it pertains to our uh “lineage”

And what it represents in this country’s history

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The things you deem important in people's identities are not in the grand scheme of things.
Somehow distinguishing lineage,heritage,ethnicity and culture are no longer important when it’s black Americans doing it

Let’s keep it a buck.

The issue is a lack of respect guised as pro black unity. You don’t respect black Americans as a sovereign culture

Basically advocating for soft erasure

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You can try and rewrite the dictionary and make up your own words, but that's never how the word "Black" was defined in America. Frederick Douglass has ALWAYS been consiered Black. Booker T. Washington has ALWAYS been considered Black. When Kamala Harris was growing up, she was considered Black, full stop.

If you want to say "Kamala is not ADOS the way I define the term", then that's fine, she's never called herself ADOS (though she is a descendant of slavery). But coming in and saying, "She's not Black" all of the sudden in 2024 when she's been Black her entire life is just goofy.
and folks used to be called INDIAN when in fact they are native american, but that doesn't mean its right. and I didn't rewrite anything, folks evolved and got smarter.....from my server....

Yes, there is a difference between being Black and being biracial, though the distinctions can be nuanced and depend on social, cultural, and personal factors.

1. Black: This term generally refers to people of African descent, particularly those with a majority of ancestry from sub-Saharan Africa. It can include people from various regions, including Africa, the Caribbean, and the Americas. The term "Black" is often associated with a shared cultural experience, history, and identity, particularly in the context of the African diaspora.
  2. Biracial: This term refers to individuals who have parents from two different racial backgrounds. For example, someone might have one Black parent and one white parent, making them biracial. Biracial people can have complex identities that may not fit neatly into one racial category. Their experiences may vary depending on their appearance, cultural upbringing, and how society perceives them.
Key Differences:

• Ancestry: Black individuals typically have a majority of African ancestry, whereas biracial individuals have mixed ancestry from two different racial groups.
  • Identity and Experience: The identity of biracial individuals can be more fluid and multifaceted, as they may navigate multiple cultural and racial identities. Black individuals may also have complex identities, but they often share a common historical and cultural experience tied to African descent.
  • Societal Perception: Society may perceive and treat Black and biracial people differently based on their appearance, background, and how they identify themselves.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't rewrite anything.....from my server....

Yes, there is a difference between being Black and being biracial, though the distinctions can be nuanced and depend on social, cultural, and personal factors.

1. Black: This term generally refers to people of African descent, particularly those with a majority of ancestry from sub-Saharan Africa. It can include people from various regions, including Africa, the Caribbean, and the Americas. The term "Black" is often associated with a shared cultural experience, history, and identity, particularly in the context of the African diaspora.
  2. Biracial: This term refers to individuals who have parents from two different racial backgrounds. For example, someone might have one Black parent and one white parent, making them biracial. Biracial people can have complex identities that may not fit neatly into one racial category. Their experiences may vary depending on their appearance, cultural upbringing, and how society perceives them.
Key Differences:

• Ancestry: Black individuals typically have a majority of African ancestry, whereas biracial individuals have mixed ancestry from two different racial groups.
  • Identity and Experience: The identity of biracial individuals can be more fluid and multifaceted, as they may navigate multiple cultural and racial identities. Black individuals may also have complex identities, but they often share a common historical and cultural experience tied to African descent.
  • Societal Perception: Society may perceive and treat Black and biracial people differently based on their appearance, background, and how they identify themselves.

You didn't even ask it the same question, dumbass. This is what it says when you ask:

Can a biracial person be black?

Yes, a biracial person can be considered Black, depending on their background and how they identify. Racial identity can be complex and fluid, influenced by personal experiences, family heritage, and social context. For example, someone with one Black parent and one parent of a different racial background might identify as Black or may be recognized as Black by others, especially in contexts where racial identity is often defined by a combination of heritage and societal perceptions. Ultimately, how someone identifies is deeply personal and can be influenced by various factors including cultural, social, and individual experiences.

Is Frederick Douglass Black?

Yes, Frederick Douglass was Black. He was born into slavery in 1818 and escaped to freedom in 1838. Douglass became a prominent abolitionist, orator, writer, and statesman. His work and personal narrative were instrumental in advancing the cause of abolition and civil rights in the United States. Douglass's contributions to American history and his powerful writings, including his autobiographies, continue to be significant in discussions about race and justice.

Is Booker T. Washington Black?

Yes, Booker T. Washington was Black. Born into slavery in 1856 in Virginia, he was a leading African American educator, author, and speaker. Washington founded the Tuskegee Normal and Industrial Institute (now Tuskegee University) in Alabama, where he focused on vocational training and self-help as a means for Black individuals to improve their social and economic status. His philosophy, often summarized as the "Atlanta Compromise," emphasized the importance of hard work and education for African Americans while advocating for gradual progress and accommodation to segregation. Washington's influence was significant during his lifetime and continues to be a key figure in discussions about African American education and civil rights.

Is Barack Obama Black?

Yes, Barack Obama is Black. He was born to a Kenyan father and a white American mother, making him biracial. Obama has identified as Black throughout his life and is often recognized as the first African American president of the United States, serving from 2009 to 2017. His presidency and public life have had a significant impact on discussions about race and identity in America.

Looks like you just checkmated yourself, Chat GPT. :yeshrug:

Geordi

All Star
Daps
Caribbeans and North American black people share much of the same culture in the US. They eat each others food, listen to their music, live next door to each other, have sex make babies together and have similar British ruling/West African heritage aboard the same slave ships.

This idea that an American born black person from carribean parents will be completely foreign to black culture is so far from the truth that there must be an agenda behind it or dumb ignorance. Dudes acting like Biggie never existed

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Caribbeans and North American black people share much of the same culture in the US. They eat each others food, listen to their music, live next door to each other, have sex make babies together and have similar British ruling/West African heritage aboard the same slave ships.

This idea that an American born black person from carribean parents will be completely foreign to black culture is so far from the truth that there must be an agenda behind it or dumb ignorance. Dudes acting like Biggie never existed

Biggie made Jamaican music breh, he had no knowledge of the African-American experience. His parents were Jamaican, not Black. :troll: