Kamala's Racial Identity Discussion

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
She IS African-American the way the term was used in her generation, dumbass.

"I identify as African-American — that's how I'm treated and that's how I'm viewed. I'm proud of it."

Oh, wait, that was Obama not Kamala. I guess that Obama was a "bald-faced liar" too?

Colin Powell is officially honored by the military as the first African-American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Obama is honored as the first African-American Commander in Chief. Should they give that back and tell them they're not African-American anymore cause O.G.B. on The Coli redifined the term? :dead:

U.S. Government defines Colin Powell as "African-American" across every site - State Department, Defense Department, Arlington National Cemetary:

Obama's own presidential library says he's the first African-American president, as does the official White House website. Obama identified that way in public. Is Obama a liar?

The National Museum of African-American History and Culture includes Colin Powell, Marcus Garvey, Stokely Carmichael, Carlos Cooks, etc.

Kamala's dad was literally a speaker at the Afro-American Association, do you think they were telling him that he's not Afro-American? Do you think the Afro-American members who raised Kamala in a Black neighborhood in Berkeley, or the 40% Black school she went to in Montreal, or her classmates at Howard, or her classmates at Hastings who elected her the president of the Black Law Students Association, EVER told her she wasn't African-American, even once? Kamala has never once "claimed, lied or masqueraded" that she had any lineage other than exactly what she has.

Imagine someone claiming that Trump can't claim European-American because his mother and grandparents were all immigrants.

You can spin it & rinse it all you want 🦝. :umad:

No matter how many time she cosplays for her simple minded supporters & crash dummies, Kamala Harris isn't & will never be, of African American lineage as she has claimed & this FACT will never change regardless of the numerous performative & deceptive falsehoods you continue to drum up.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I was listening to some conservative ranter on the radio yesterday, the pettiness of some of those dudes. I thought the intentional mispronouncing her name was a joke :snoop:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You didn't even ask it the same question, dumbass. This is what it says when you ask:

Can a biracial person be black?

Yes, a biracial person can be considered Black, depending on their background and how they identify. Racial identity can be complex and fluid, influenced by personal experiences, family heritage, and social context. For example, someone with one Black parent and one parent of a different racial background might identify as Black or may be recognized as Black by others, especially in contexts where racial identity is often defined by a combination of heritage and societal perceptions. Ultimately, how someone identifies is deeply personal and can be influenced by various factors including cultural, social, and individual experiences.

Is Frederick Douglass Black?

Yes, Frederick Douglass was Black. He was born into slavery in 1818 and escaped to freedom in 1838. Douglass became a prominent abolitionist, orator, writer, and statesman. His work and personal narrative were instrumental in advancing the cause of abolition and civil rights in the United States. Douglass's contributions to American history and his powerful writings, including his autobiographies, continue to be significant in discussions about race and justice.

Is Booker T. Washington Black?

Yes, Booker T. Washington was Black. Born into slavery in 1856 in Virginia, he was a leading African American educator, author, and speaker. Washington founded the Tuskegee Normal and Industrial Institute (now Tuskegee University) in Alabama, where he focused on vocational training and self-help as a means for Black individuals to improve their social and economic status. His philosophy, often summarized as the "Atlanta Compromise," emphasized the importance of hard work and education for African Americans while advocating for gradual progress and accommodation to segregation. Washington's influence was significant during his lifetime and continues to be a key figure in discussions about African American education and civil rights.

Is Barack Obama Black?

Yes, Barack Obama is Black. He was born to a Kenyan father and a white American mother, making him biracial. Obama has identified as Black throughout his life and is often recognized as the first African American president of the United States, serving from 2009 to 2017. His presidency and public life have had a significant impact on discussions about race and identity in America.

Looks like you just checkmated yourself, Chat GPT. :yeshrug:
who is denying they have black in them?

read my post again. if you are half asian , are you asian? that isn't quite how it works, but can you claim to have asian in you, of course. is this true or false? Kamala claims indian all the time, now what?

Tair

Superstar
Daps

read my post again. if you are half asian , are you asian? that isn't quite how it works, but can you claim to have asian in you, of course. is this true or false? Kamala claims indian all the time, now what?

If you grew up in Asia and identify as Asian, then, yeah. That is your cultural background and heritage, you'd be an Asian person.

:manny:

and folks used to be called INDIAN when in fact they are native american, but that doesn't mean its right. and I didn't rewrite anything, folks evolved and got smarter.....from my server....

Yes, there is a difference between being Black and being biracial, though the distinctions can be nuanced and depend on social, cultural, and personal factors.

1. Black: This term generally refers to people of African descent, particularly those with a majority of ancestry from sub-Saharan Africa. It can include people from various regions, including Africa, the Caribbean, and the Americas. The term "Black" is often associated with a shared cultural experience, history, and identity, particularly in the context of the African diaspora.
  2. Biracial: This term refers to individuals who have parents from two different racial backgrounds. For example, someone might have one Black parent and one white parent, making them biracial. Biracial people can have complex identities that may not fit neatly into one racial category. Their experiences may vary depending on their appearance, cultural upbringing, and how society perceives them.
Key Differences:

• Ancestry: Black individuals typically have a majority of African ancestry, whereas biracial individuals have mixed ancestry from two different racial groups.
  • Identity and Experience: The identity of biracial individuals can be more fluid and multifaceted, as they may navigate multiple cultural and racial identities. Black individuals may also have complex identities, but they often share a common historical and cultural experience tied to African descent.
  • Societal Perception: Society may perceive and treat Black and biracial people differently based on their appearance, background, and how they identify themselves.

I don't use A.I., rather my knowledge of history and logic/reasoning skills, but I asked A.I./chatgpt a simple question:

Q. What is the difference between a Black person and a biracial person?

A.
The terms "Black person" and "biracial person" refer to different aspects of identity, though there's some overlap.

1. **Black Person**: This term generally describes someone with African ancestry or who identifies with the Black community. It includes a wide range of individuals with various backgrounds and ethnicities within the African diaspora. Black people might identify solely as Black, regardless of other ethnic or racial backgrounds.

2. **Biracial Person**: This term specifically refers to individuals who have parents from two different racial or ethnic backgrounds. A biracial person might have one Black parent and one parent of a different race or ethnicity, such as White, Asian, or Latinx. Their identity can be multifaceted and may include elements of both racial backgrounds.

So, a biracial person could identify as Black if they have African ancestry and choose to embrace that aspect of their heritage. Conversely, not all Black people are biracial—many identify as Black based on their own unique heritage and experiences.

Seems like you are ignoring historical context and fixing a narrow, ahistorical perspective to Black that doesn't apply outside of your own mind.

:dead:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
If you grew up in Asia and identify as Asian, then, yeah. That is your cultural background and heritage, you'd be an Asian person.

I don't use A.I., rather my knowledge of history and logic/reasoning skills, but I asked A.I./chatgpt a simple question:

Q. What is the difference between a Black person and a biracial person?

A.

Seems like you are ignoring historical context and fixing a narrow, ahistorical perspective to Black that doesn't apply outside of your own mind.

Their identity can be multifaceted and may include elements of both racial backgrounds.

So, a biracial person could identify as Black if they have African ancestry and choose to embrace that aspect of their heritage. Conversely, not all Black people are biracial—many identify as Black based on their own unique heritage and experiences.

sigh

Tair

Superstar
Daps

Your basic premise was, "Biracials aren't Black."

From my post you "sighed"

P1: So, a biracial person could identify as Black

That is different from a person acknowledging they have Black in them as you just quoted me. They are saying ,"Black is my identity." That is a far cry from your initial assertion.

P2: Conversely, not all Black people are biracial

I.e., Biracials can be considered "Black" but not all people classified as "Black" are necessarily biracial.

So, again, what are you "sighing" about?

:what:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Your basic premise was, "Biracials aren't Black."

From my post you "sighed"

P1: So, a biracial person could identify as Black

That is different from a person acknowledging they have Black in them as you just quoted me. They are saying ,"Black is my identity." That is a far cry from your initial assertion.

P2: Conversely, not all Black people are biracial

I.e., Biracials can be considered "Black" but not all people classified as "Black" are necessarily biracial.

So, again, what are you "sighing" about?

:what:
you are mistaking self identification and Im explaining factual data. a person with 2 races = biracial. they can identify with asian, black whatever. but they are what they are.

if you are actually black (I suspect you are biracial), you run a risky game with code switching. such as Kamala. whites recognized this, and implemented the one drop rule to squash that. they understood the risk. but you dont, and thats my sigh.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
you are mistaking self identification and Im explaining factual data. a person with 2 races = biracial. they can identify with asian, black whatever. but they are what they are.

if you are actually black (I suspect you are biracial), you run a risky game with code switching. such as Kamala. whites recognized this, and implemented the one drop rule to squash that. they understood the risk. but you dont, and thats my sigh.

"A person with 2 races = biracial."

Black Americans (ADOS-AF) are a combination of races.

As far as "run the risk with code switching," you clearly have never cracked open a book about Black American history.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
"A person with 2 races = biracial."

Black Americans (ADOS-AF) are a combination of races.

As far as "run the risk with code switching," you clearly have never cracked open a book about Black American history.

do you view yourself as a combination of races?

I am talking about biracials. per you, a biracial can also identify as white because they have a white parent and can self identify as whatever they want (whom may have 1/8 native american in them)

Tair

Superstar
Daps
do you view yourself as a combination of races?

I am talking about biracials. per you, a biracial can also identify as white because they have a white parent and can self identify as whatever they want (whom may have 1/8 native american in them)

I view and identify myself as an American Freedmen (ADOS). That is my lineage, what I connect to, and what I draw inspiration from.