Kamala Harris unveils economic plan

Canon

Veteran
Daps
full list

• Calling for the construction of 3 million new housing units the end the housing supply shortage in the next 4 years
  • A $25,000 subsidy for first-time homebuyers
  • A $6,000 child tax credit for the first year of a child's life, along with the restoration of the Biden Administration's 2021 child tax credit
  • The elimination of medical debt by using federal funds to buyout outstanding medical debt from providers
  • The first ever federal ban on price gouging for the food and grocery industries
  • A cap on prescription drug costs that would expand the number of people eligible for price caps for insulin and other drugs under the Inflation Reduction Act
  • Expending the income tax credit for low wage workers
  • Additional Affordable Care Act subsidies

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They could create laws if they really wanted to that trickled down to local/states or even things like witholding funding.

Let's not pretend like there's nothing that they can't do.

You are correct. They can revise restrictions by allowing businesses to be built residential areas like the suburbs and allowing more flexibility of converting office space to residential.

In principle I agree, but realistically they would immediately be accused of federal overreach and if they tried to override local/state zoning laws and there's a good chance the courts would block it.

Nobody has ever said “rent prices are high because of Kamala Harris” :mjlol:

There are people saying that as we speak :mjlol:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Building more homes... How about stopping institutional investors/wall-street from buying up single family homes?
Then they won’t have any money to fund the Harris/Walz campaign. ATEOTD we have existed long enough to know how this works. Play the derivatives and not the assets.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
In principle I agree, but realistically they would immediately be accused of federal overreach and if they tried to override local/state zoning laws and there's a good chance the courts would block it.

There are people saying that as we speak :mjlol:
Like I said, there are multiple ways around it if they really wanted to do so.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of these politicians would be better served keeping it real with people from the jump instead of inspiring false hope, but that defeats the purpose of politics.
Absolutely not, though based on these Reparations cats, you would be correct.

Her campaign promises are doable IF the voters also support a congress that supports her agenda. Part of putting the campaign wants out there is to inspire others to support it. We can't expect her to serve chicken broth if all the ladles have holes in them. All it takes is groundswell support and political will of the coalition she builds.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Building more housing is the best way to lower prices so I love that idea. My only issue is that if you offer the 25k to people before increasing supply, you effectively just raise the market price of houses by 25k.

I also need to hear more about costs. Grocery costs have not gone up as much as people claim, and the increases we have seen are largely a product of workers being paid more. Same thing is happening with fast food but those costs are going up more. You can't convince me that prices are going to magically go back to early 2020 pre-covid levels because stores will be shook and stop "gouging."

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
2c31955c-0e40-4298-a6bd-d308439202e8-1715106613067.png

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Absolutely not, though based on these Reparations cats, you would be correct.

Her campaign promises are doable IF the voters also support a congress that supports her agenda. Part of putting the campaign wants out there is to inspire others to support it. We can't expect her to serve chicken broth if all the ladles have holes in them. All it takes is groundswell support and political will of the coalition she builds.
Are you really going to pretend like a lot of these problems just started a few years ago and haven't been in play for years that both parties allowed to grow and fester?

One of these days, people are going to realize that these same politicians and parties that you're stanning for have been in cahoots with these corporations and allowed what's currently transpiring to happen.