Kamala Harris unveils economic plan

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Question is though, what do you really do about zoning laws as president?

Maybe I'm mistaken but I think zoning laws are usually a local/state issue.
You are correct. They can revise restrictions by allowing businesses to be built residential areas like the suburbs and allowing more flexibility of converting office space to residential.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That’s obvious but it helps to know who created the problem because I’d I think it’s the Dems that did, I’m not voting for them. See how that works?
As another poster pointed out, a lot of these current problems have been years in the making that both parties contributed to and could have solved if they really wanted to do so.

That's why the blame game won't work.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Same shyt different election cycle. :francis: Building 3 million units don't mean shyt if zoning laws are not addressed. Also, that money would go to real estate developers who's preferring to build in downtown areas with higher starting costs.
I was just about to say this. These developers are only building “luxury” apartments and homes. The government really needs to subsidize the market to incentivize affordable housing development.

Building houses is cool but most Americans rent prices are so high they can’t save enough for a down payment on the house. Americans need new construction houses that are designed to be starter homes, down payment assistance, and new construction apartments that are designed for affordable rent prices. Not everybody needs 12 ft ceilings, granite countertops, community center etc etc.