Kamala Harris Presidential Campaign (Official Thread)

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are there any legislation in the works to help minority (i mean black) entrepreneurs get the funding they need to start businesses?

HBCU donations is not a bad thing, but millennials are becoming aware of the college hustle.. They're more and more leaning towards becoming entrepreneurs..

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are there any legislation in the works to help minority (i mean black) entrepreneurs get the funding they need to start businesses?

HBCU donations is not a bad thing, but millennials are becoming aware of the college hustle.. They're more and more leaning towards becoming entrepreneurs..

Obama made some headway here

Small Business

• In 2016 they were 8 million minority-owned firms in the U.S.—a 38% increase since 2007.

• In early 2015, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) launched the MBK Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, which seeks to address the challenges faced by underserved millennials, including boys and young men of color, through self-employment and entrepreneurship. A major component of this effort included the six-part video series, titled “Biz My Way,” which encourages millennials to follow their passion in business.

• In fiscal year 2015, underserved markets received 32,563 loans totaling $13 billion, compared with 25,799 loans and $10.47 billion in fiscal year 2014, an increase of 26 percent in number of loans and 24 percent in dollar amount.

• Last year, the SBA issued a new rule that makes most individuals currently on probation or parole eligible for a SBA microloan—a loan of up to $50,000 that helps small businesses start up. And in August 2016, SBA together with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and Justine Petersen, launched the Aspire Entrepreneurship Initiative, a $2.1 Million pilot initiative to provide entrepreneurship education and microloans to returning citizens in Detroit, Chicago, Louisville and St. Louis.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obama made some headway here

Small Business

• In 2016 they were 8 million minority-owned firms in the U.S.—a 38% increase since 2007.

• In early 2015, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) launched the MBK Millennial Entrepreneurs Initiative, which seeks to address the challenges faced by underserved millennials, including boys and young men of color, through self-employment and entrepreneurship. A major component of this effort included the six-part video series, titled “Biz My Way,” which encourages millennials to follow their passion in business.

• In fiscal year 2015, underserved markets received 32,563 loans totaling $13 billion, compared with 25,799 loans and $10.47 billion in fiscal year 2014, an increase of 26 percent in number of loans and 24 percent in dollar amount.

• Last year, the SBA issued a new rule that makes most individuals currently on probation or parole eligible for a SBA microloan—a loan of up to $50,000 that helps small businesses start up. And in August 2016, SBA together with the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and Justine Petersen, launched the Aspire Entrepreneurship Initiative, a $2.1 Million pilot initiative to provide entrepreneurship education and microloans to returning citizens in Detroit, Chicago, Louisville and St. Louis.

Never seen this before.. I know of a brother who took advantage of the my brothers keeper initiative..
The paper work and the hoops u have to go through can be intimidating, but he made it through..

I'll look deeper into this later..

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Not sure. But, not her.
Nah, not really. She WENT to Howard. She should use the money her family got from their MASTER-GRANDPAPPY Hamilton Brown...and pay Jamaicans reparations. No vote from me.
Get that D Rose injury out of here.
Y'all nikkas washed from too many boat rides. ACLK.
Flippantly dismiss the only major presidential candidate who has gone on record saying she supports some type of reparations. I'm sure Trump will pay out those reparations though. :troll: