Kamala Harris Officially Announces 2020 Presidential Bid - Kamala Bear... GRRRR!!!

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ignorance is exactly what it is. They'll vote for Biden over her, because she has a white husband.

I don’t think it’s helpful to speak in generalities. I’m not sure who the “they” are that you speak of.

But To be clear and to be sure you’re not conflating my point or the point of most of the brothers I’ve seen criticise Kamala:

1. I see Kamala and Biden as essentially the same in many regards

2. Yes, I intend to vote for Warren over Harris, not because of who they are in holy union with but because amongst other things, if Warren says she had a policy directed towards the Black Agenda it actually is, as opposed to Harris who panders by branding a policy as Race specific, when it is actually a income driven policy with no actual racial components.

3. Her use of CA inmates to fight wild fires for 1.45$ per day and not allowing them to be released on the agreed upon 2 for 1 credit program because it would “severely impact fire camp participation” was despicable.

4. Her exploitation of Mitrice Richardson‘s case to get elected was even more despicable.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ignorance is exactly what it is. They'll vote for Biden over her, because she has a white husband.
You have to live with the choices you make. Michelle is a big big part of why Obama got elected. Ayesha is a huge part of Steph's popularity, etc. Black families matter to black voters.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I don’t think it’s helpful to speak in generalities. I’m not sure who the “they” are that you speak of.

But To be clear and to be sure you’re not conflating my point or the point of most of the brothers I’ve seen criticise Kamala:

1. I see Kamala and Biden as essentially the same in many regards

2. Yes, I intend to vote for Warren over Harris, not because of who they are in holy union with but because amongst other things, if Warren says she had a policy directed towards the Black Agenda it actually is, as opposed to Harris who panders by branding a policy as Race specific, when it is actually a income driven policy with no actual racial components.

3. Her use of CA inmates to fight wild fires for 1.45$ per day and not allowing them to be released on the agreed upon 2 for 1 credit program because it would “severely impact fire camp participation” was despicable.

4. Her exploitation of Mitrice Richardson‘s case to get elected was even more despicable.

I prefer Warren over Harris myself. Are you saying they are the same because she is a prosecutor? I posed this question before, should no black people be prosecutors, police officers and judges? Is she the enemy of black people because of the career she chose? What about the black people who were victims of the people she prosecuted? Do they not matter? Was she the first AG to use inmates to fight wildfires? I thought I read this was a practice since the 50's? As far as Mitrice Richardson, I am only vaguely familiar with the case but that can be a legitimate reason for not wanting to vote for her.

You have to live with the choices you make. Michelle is a big big part of why Obama got elected. Ayesha is a huge part of Steph's popularity, etc. Black families matter to black voters.

Yeah, this would be the last thing I care about. I care about policy positions but if who someone loves is more important than policy to us, maybe that's why we as a voting block arent taken more seriously by Democrats, as people suggest.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer Warren over Harris myself. Are you saying they are the same because she is a prosecutor? I posed this question before, should no black people be prosecutors, police officers and judges? Is she the enemy of black people because of the career she chose? What about the black people who were victims of the people she prosecuted? Do they not matter? Was she the first AG to use inmates to fight wildfires? I thought I read this was a practice since the 50's? As far as Mitrice Richardson, I am only vaguely familiar with the case but that can be a legitimate reason for not wanting to vote for her.

The big issue for Harris is she's presenting herself as a big social/criminal progressive now, which contradicts her history as a typical AG/prosecutor for the most part. It's def problematic for her considering the current climate.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or maybe they should stop voting for people that come from this type of lineage all together.

It does make a difference when a candidate that is claiming Blackness and is against doing anything specifically for Black people that come from a family of slaves owner herself.

I swear some of you nikkas are so far up her p*ssy that y'all can't see the light of day.

Nah nothing to do with her. I actually think Liz Warren has the best policies and would make the best Candidate for President. But to argue that Kamala's policies are due to her ancestry is utter bullshyt.

It's not a rational argument. It's just stupid. There is enough to criticise her for without having to stop there. Whoever has taken up that line of attack has a clear agenda and it is not to help black people.

Go back far enough and you may find a slaveowner or two in your ancestry. Does that mean you should be judged based on that?

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
The big issue for Harris is she's presenting herself as a big social/criminal progressive now, which contradicts her history as a typical AG/prosecutor for the most part. It's def problematic for her considering the current climate.

Legitimate. Who she married, how black she is or isn't, aren't. Most of the people on site circle back to race when there is criticism of her.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legitimate. Who she married, how black she is or isn't, aren't. Most of the people on site circle back to race when there is criticism of her.

Yeah, I think those are peripheral issues for the most part, depending on how she chooses to present herself going forward. It may have an effect with the causal voter though, but that applies to everyone.:yeshrug:

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer Warren over Harris myself. Are you saying they are the same because she is a prosecutor? I posed this question before, should no black people be prosecutors, police officers and judges? Is she the enemy of black people because of the career she chose? What about the black people who were victims of the people she prosecuted? Do they not matter? Was she the first AG to use inmates to fight wildfires? I thought I read this was a practice since the 50's?

As far as Mitrice Richardson, I am only vaguely familiar with the case but that can be a legitimate reason for not wanting to vote for her.

My brother, At no point did I say a black person shouldn’t be a cop or a prosecutor. I honestly don’t care how long CA has been doing it, using inmates to fight fires and paying them less than 2$ a day is wrong. And it’s not only that, her office argued against against the release of nonviolent criminals who based on the 2 for 1 credit were supposed to be allowed to be released. They satisfied their requirements to the penal system.I’m Saying the same Thing as @BillBanneker .. she’s positioning herself as progressive when her record states otherwise.

With Mitrice, while running for senate she used the case for publicity. She then sent Mitrice’s family a letter a day after she won the senate race letting them know that she will no longer look into Mitrice’s case.

Nothing I’ve said has anything to do with her race or her husbands race so I’m unnerved by the fact that you keep insisting on racializing my criticism of Kamala when “race” was actually the reason I was initially inclined to support her before I actually took a look at her record of flip flopping and lack of seriousness when addressing the black agenda.

I’m glad that you’re favourable on Warren as well, I find her to be thorough and consistent. Do you think she can realistically win the primary?

Last edited:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
She's in third place behind the former Vice President and the finalist in the last primary race.

So much for the influence of the fukk boy #ADOS movement. Irrelevant ass nikkas.

just for the record, im one of the few people here that has actually physically voted for Kamala, i hope she has a fine outstanding career as a us senator

#splithevote