Kamala Harris Jamaican Family Speaks Out

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jamaican is a nationality, there can be any race or ethnicity. That doesn’t change the fact that Kamala and her family are not black people.

Let me help you. Jamaicans are black and originate from Africa. Indigenous Jamaicans were essentially Native Americans, and were largely killed off by the Spanish and replaced with African slaves.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Hell nah :umad:

You can see the Asian features in a lot of them. I’m not saying they don’t have African blood in them, but i doubt it’s significant enough to call them black people. They just West Indian coolies and there’s nothing wrong with that.

:what: why in the world would you compare Jesse Jackson to Donald Harris :dahell:

One of them - on his daughter’s birth certificate put Jamaican for race/color of father
And the other person came up with the whole African-American term

so it’s pretty crystal clear which one of them believes he’s black while the other - were not so sure about

Facts. I love how this thread is exposing 1 by 1 people who are ignorant and clueless to Caribbean culture. Then have the audacity to talk down on people who say Kamala Harris is not Black. You can't make this up on the irony :laff: :laff: :dead:

Daps
Ngl, as someone who has sat this out as the most pointless deflection so I never bothered checking anything. Knowing she had one Indian and one Jamaican parent, I just assumed this was just the same “half don’t count” pointless talk but seeing since 99.5% of Jamaicans are black (yes I know I’m exaggerating). But seeing this video it’s obvious she’s mostly Indian. Coolie or otherwise.

Still, this remains a pointless debate that just deflects and sucks time from the real debates that should be happening. She obviously feels a real attachment to the Black in her causing her to go to an HBCU and pledge a Black sorority. You wanna argue she’s anti-Black, fine call her a c00n, but stop pretending there’s no Black in this woman and that she hasn’t always acknowledged it.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She’s dougla :what:

Don’t let them put you in pre established boxes based on segregation Kam ✊🏽

She needs to serve Donald a jerk chicken roti.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Y'all claimed that she never claimed Black and wasn't raised in Black culture, so I prove that she's been claiming Black her entire life and was raised up in Black culture for most of her formational experience from birth through college....and all you have to offer is that deflection?

paul-mooney-nope.gif

an individuals teenager years usually shapes that person into the adult they become
Kamala spent all her teenager years with her Indian mother and her Indian family in Canada
so please, we have to stop this nonsense about her being around black people & growing up in black culture

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Let me help you. Jamaicans are black and originate from Africa. Indigenous Jamaicans were essentially Native Americans, and were largely killed off by the Spanish and replaced with African slaves.
You do understand that non black Jamaicans exist?

"'Out of Many, One People" is the national motto of the Jamaican people and it alludes to the various ethnic groups among the population."

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Still, this remains a pointless debate that just deflects and sucks time from the real debates that should be happening. She obviously feels a real attachment to the Black in her causing her to go to an HBCU and pledge a Black sorority. You wanna argue she’s anti-Black, fine call her a c00n, but stop pretending there’s no Black in this woman and that she hasn’t always acknowledged it.
PLEASE STOP FALLING FOR THIS PAPER THIN TALKING POINT
main-qimg-7ee2e2ac39f6bdef2385a563875707c3
images
ZetaPhiBeta_600x600.jpg
2b737f6a3276803f6ebbf40c082da08c.jpg
rs_600x600-150617074719-600.Rachel-Dolezal-Savannah-Guthrie-Today-Show-1JR-61715.jpg

larsattack

All Star
Daps
:what: why in the world would you compare Jesse Jackson to Donald Harris :dahell:

One of them - on his daughter’s birth certificate put Jamaican for race/color of father
And the other person came up with the whole African-American term

so it’s pretty crystal clear which one of them believes he’s black while the other - were not so sure about
The term African American been around since the American revolution. It’s the oldest hyphenated ethnicity in the country.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
/
paul-mooney-nope.gif

an individuals teenager years usually shapes that person into the adult they become
Kamala spent all her teenager years with her Indian mother and her Indian family in Canada
so please, we have to stop this nonsense about her being around black people & growing up in black culture

You think we should ignore her growing up in a predominantly Black neighborhood surrounded by passionate Black activists in her life until 13, and then attending an HCBU and pledging a Black sorority at 19, then maintaining those ties as well as being a prominant member of Black professional organizations throughout her adult life, so that now, "Only teenage years count!" :laff:

Wait, were you aware that Kamala's high school in Canada was 40% Black, that Kamala's best friend in Canada was Black, and that when she started getting abused by her stepfather, Kamala's mother invited her to come live with their family?

38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg

Ms. Harris did, indeed, move to Montreal as a 12-year-old with her sister in 1976, when their mother, Shyamala Gopalan, was recruited to conduct breast-cancer research at Jewish General Hospital and to teach at McGill University’s medical school.

Over the next five years, Kamala Harris continued to shuttle between Quebec’s largest city and California to stay with her father, Donald J. Harris, an economist at Stanford, and a family friend during holidays and vacations.

Kamala Harris' childhood best friend has told how the kindness of the Vice President- elect's family 'changed the trajectory of her life' when they took her in as a teenager.

Wanda Kagan, an administrative agent from Montreal, met the Harris after they both joined Westmount High School in Quebec and said the pair 'instantly bonded'.

The pair found themselves in a high school that was about 60 percent white and 40 percent Black and drew from a variety of neighborhoods that cut across economic lines.

They developed an unusually close friendship. When Ms. Kagan told Ms. Harris that she was being sexually abused by her stepfather, Ms. Harris had her move into her family’s apartment in a middle-class neighborhood.

“It’s not just that she took me in,” Ms. Kagan said. “It’s that human side of her, that empathetic side of her that could be so compassionate to realize that there was something going on.”

So the "non-black" period of Kamala's life that you were trying to focus on was Kamala attending a 40% Black high school, where her closest friends were Black, where she lived with her Indian mother, her Black/Indian sister, and her Black closest friend, and then visited her Black father on holidays and summers.

Y'all are FLAILING in here. :laff: