Kamala Harris Jamaican Family Speaks Out

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
images

That's the flick where Kamala Brother was in!!!

"Hey Cinderella go get yourself a fella it's approaching midnight and you on the clock bytch"

"Now give me some chon chon" :russ: :dame:

Daps
most people acknowledge she is half black.

while this wasn’t necessary, it’s great to see the black side of her lineage get her back and rebut trump’s racist bullshyt.

:francis:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
You think we should ignore her growing up in a predominantly Black neighborhood surrounded by passionate Black activists in her life until 13, and then attending an HCBU and pledging a Black sorority at 19, then maintaining those ties as well as being a prominant member of Black professional organizations throughout her adult life, so that now, "Only teenage years count!" :laff:

Wait, were you aware that Kamala's high school in Canada was 40% Black, that Kamala's best friend in Canada was Black, and that when she started getting abused by her stepfather, Kamala's mother invited her to come live with their family?

38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg

Ms. Harris did, indeed, move to Montreal as a 12-year-old with her sister in 1976, when their mother, Shyamala Gopalan, was recruited to conduct breast-cancer research at Jewish General Hospital and to teach at McGill University’s medical school.

Over the next five years, Kamala Harris continued to shuttle between Quebec’s largest city and California to stay with her father, Donald J. Harris, an economist at Stanford, and a family friend during holidays and vacations.

Kamala Harris' childhood best friend has told how the kindness of the Vice President- elect's family 'changed the trajectory of her life' when they took her in as a teenager.

Wanda Kagan, an administrative agent from Montreal, met the Harris after they both joined Westmount High School in Quebec and said the pair 'instantly bonded'.

The pair found themselves in a high school that was about 60 percent white and 40 percent Black and drew from a variety of neighborhoods that cut across economic lines.

They developed an unusually close friendship. When Ms. Kagan told Ms. Harris that she was being sexually abused by her stepfather, Ms. Harris had her move into her family’s apartment in a middle-class neighborhood.

“It’s not just that she took me in,” Ms. Kagan said. “It’s that human side of her, that empathetic side of her that could be so compassionate to realize that there was something going on.”

So the "non-black" period of Kamala's life that you were trying to focus on was Kamala attending a 40% Black high school, where her closest friends were Black, where she lived with her Indian mother, her Black/Indian sister, and her Black closest friend, and then visited her Black father on holidays and summers.

Y'all are FLAILING in here. :laff:

Idgaf if she was caught sucking black jesus dikk. She ain't black. She is a coolie.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
The bothsiders are dapping you cause their reading comprehension isn't even good enough to detect sarcasm. :dead:

Y'all claimed that she never claimed Black and wasn't raised in Black culture, so I prove that she's been claiming Black her entire life and was raised up in Black culture for most of her formational experience from birth through college....and all you have to offer is that deflection?

Holy shyt, so y'all are at the point where the CIA got a Jamaican man and an Indian woman together in the early 1960s to infiltrate the Afro-American Association and raise their daughter in Black culture just so she can assend to the presidency 60 years later.....to accomplish what exactly?

They really moved the goalposts from "She's never claimed Black" to "Her entire life is a CIA plot to pretend to be Black." :russ:
I put nothing past the CIA.....not a damn thing

Tair

Superstar
Daps
National celebrity judge who clearly understands libel and has a lot to lose, and claims to have heard this verbatim from the man's mouth :hula: random Coli breh

Do you have any proof or reference for this? Serious question.

I am sure your parents, like mine, if they were born in the 1960s, are classified as Negro.

But, the Dredd Scott case clarified it...

A free negro of the African race, whose ancestors were brought to this country and sold as slaves, is not a "citizen" within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States.

Negro was “any person of African-descent” so they could technically say they were negro. Black has the exact same connotation as negro. So if someone isn’t negro then they aren’t black.

They clearly understood the concept of “ADOS” way back in the 1960’s because Obamas father is listed as “African” on his birth certificate and Kamala’s father is listed as “Jamaican”

One of the biggest differences between black Americans and Jamaicans is either though we both have ancestors who were slaves and slave owners, Jamaicans actually consider the lineage of the white slave owners as part of their heritage.

In the post-slavery Caribbean, they didn’t have a white vs black racial classification system like the USA. They had a more complex hierarchy like mulatto, octaroon, creole, etc etc.

In other words, in the US race is a class whereas in Jamaica, race is a spectrum. People like Donald Harris were higher in the hierarchy due to their heavily mixed ancestry.

Not to mention, it’s an island where everybody is coexisting in the same confined space meaning there was less hostility between races compared to the US.

Moreover, Jamaicans in post slavery didn’t have miscegenation to the degree as the US. Meaning, people of all races could form interracial marriages which was strictly forbidden in the US.

I do agree, but Negro was a term we decided to stick with after slavery (Free Negro and Freedmen), and it was our preferred descriptor even up to 1969.

Black and Afro were not how a lot of our great and/or grandparents parents described themselves, nor did they like the "Black or Afro" labels.

Just like Africans referred to either Africa or their country in Africa, Jamaicans did the same to describe themselves.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Facts. I love how this thread is exposing 1 by 1 people who are ignorant and clueless to Caribbean culture. Then have the audacity to talk down on people who say Kamala Harris is not Black. You can't make this up on the irony :laff: :laff: :dead:

Where did I speak on Carribean culture anywhere in this thread? :why:

All I've posted is that Donald Harris clearly has Black African ancestry, that Kamala Harris's parents met at the Afro-American Association at Berkeley (where Donald Harris was a prominent member and speaker), and then raised Kamala Harris to have heavy influence from Black culture her entire upbringing including being surrounding by Black activists and living in Black neighborhoods.

What did I have to know about Caribbean culture to post any of that? Kamala was raised in America, not Jamaica, and all I need are my eyes to know that there are Black people in these photos.

20240727_FNP002.jpg

ST_20200816_XKAMALA5O3N_5890560.jpg

swingset.jpg

38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg

sp-86-on-the-yard.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I am sure your parents, like mine, if they were born in the 1960s, are classified as Negro.

But, the Dredd Scott case clarified it...

I do agree, but Negro was a term we decided to stick with after slavery (Free Negro and Freedmen), and it was our preferred descriptor even up to 1969.

Black and Afro were not how a lot of our great and/or grandparents parents described themselves, nor did they like the "Black or Afro" labels.

Just like Africans referred to either Africa or their country in Africa, Jamaicans did the same to describe themselves.
While factual, this doesn't prove "negro" was only for FBA people.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
The bothsiders are dapping you cause their reading comprehension isn't even good enough to detect sarcasm. :dead:

Y'all claimed that she never claimed Black and wasn't raised in Black culture, so I prove that she's been claiming Black her entire life and was raised up in Black culture for most of her formational experience from birth through college....and all you have to offer is that deflection?

Holy shyt, so y'all are at the point where the CIA got a Jamaican man and an Indian woman together in the early 1960s to infiltrate the Afro-American Association and raise their daughter in Black culture just so she can assend to the presidency 60 years later.....to accomplish what exactly?

They really moved the goalposts from "She's never claimed Black" to "Her entire life is a CIA plot to pretend to be Black." :russ:
Do you not realize that being raised in black culture does not mean you claimed to be a black person?
By your logic Paul wall is a black man :russ:

You’re a pathological liar and manipulator

Y'all claimed that she never claimed Black and wasn't raised in Black culture,
Lie #1: Nobody said “Kamala Harris wasn’t raised in black culture” we said she didn’t identify as a black woman. To be more specific, she only claims to be black in order to pander to black voters.

so I prove that she's been claiming Black her entire life and was raised up in Black culture for most of her formational experience from birth through college....and all you have to offer is that deflection?
Lie #2: You never proved she’s claimed to be black her whole life. You post long walls of text about the various black people/groups she was associated with. For example: “kamala went to Howard” yeah so did Rachael dolezal :heh:

was raised up in Black culture for most of her formational experience from birth through college....and all you have to offer is that deflection?
Lie #3: Kamala Harris spent her entire life around white people
Age 1-7:
Evanston, illinois = majority white
Urbana, Illinois = majority white
Madison winsconsin = majority white
Age 7-12:
Berkeley, california = majority white
Age 12-18:
Montreal, Canada = majority white

Not only that, but her mother was a doctor who did research at universities who lived in upper scale college communities so she lived amongst wealthy white people. Kamala was raised in an Indian household from age 12-18. You’re acting like she came home to her mother was watching “good times.” She then went to a majority white college in Canada for 2 years before attending Howard university.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Ngl, as someone who has sat this out as the most pointless deflection so I never bothered checking anything. Knowing she had one Indian and one Jamaican parent, I just assumed this was just the same “half don’t count” pointless talk but seeing since 99.5% of Jamaicans are black (yes I know I’m exaggerating). But seeing this video it’s obvious she’s mostly Indian. Coolie or otherwise.

Still, this remains a pointless debate that just deflects and sucks time from the real debates that should be happening. She obviously feels a real attachment to the Black in her causing her to go to an HBCU and pledge a Black sorority. You wanna argue she’s anti-Black, fine call her a c00n, but stop pretending there’s no Black in this woman and that she hasn’t always acknowledged it.
:francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Do you not realize that being raised in black culture does not mean you claimed to be a black person?

So why do you keep ignoring all the quotes I have of her CLEARLY joining Black organizations and vocally claiming to be a Black person her entire life?

1) Identified as Black as a child, lived in a predominantly Black neighborhood, attended a Black Baptist church, spent lots of time at the neighborhood Black community center, was bussed as a Black student

2) Her best friends were Black girls in at her 40% black high school and one of them lived with her for a year in her own room

3) Went to a Black HBCU

4) Pledged to AKA, a Black sorority

5) Became president of the Black Law Students Association in grad school

6) Dated prominent Black men in adulthood in the 1990s and 2000s

7) Won the Thurgood Marshall Award in 2005 from the Black Prosecutors Association

8) "What I suggest we do as African Americans is own this issue in law enforcement and then define it in the way that works for us because it is a myth, to say that African Americans don’t want law enforcement.” - from a 2006 conference of Black leaders on crime

9) From a 2007 article on Obama's candidacy: "The conversation highlights the lack of information that people in general have about African American contributions." Harris, who attended Howard University, said many Americans -- of all social and racial backgrounds -- have a limited perception of black people. In college, she saw African American men and women in leotards studying ballet in the arts department, young women with briefcases in business school, African Americans in lab coats studying medicine and in street clothes protesting actions on Capitol Hill. "We are diverse and multifaceted," Harris said. "People are bombarded with stereotypical images and so they are limited in their ability to imagine our capacity."

10) Spoke as the featured speaker at Black Prosecutors Association events, including one she hosted in San Francisco in 2010

11) "I was the first woman elected, first African American woman elected, and Asian American elected in the state as a district attorney." - from a 2012 interview with The Wrap

12) Was a leader in the Black Congressional Caucus

13) “She had two Black babies, and she raised them to be two Black women.” - Kamala speaking about her mother in a 2016 NYT interview

14) “My mother understood very well that she was raising two black daughters. She knew that her adopted homeland would see Maya and me as black girls, and she was determined to make sure we would grow into confident, proud black women.” - From her autobiography

15) “I’m Black, and I’m proud of being Black. I was born Black. I will die Black, and I’m not going to make excuses for anybody because they don’t understand.” - 2019 interview

16) "For other people who can’t figure out am I ‘black enough,’ I kinda feel like that’s their problem, not mine. Maybe they need to go back to school to figure it out. And maybe they need to learn about the African diaspora and maybe they need to learn about a number of other things.” - From another 2019 interview

17) "It affects everything about who I am,” she said. “Growing up as a black person in America made me aware of certain things that, maybe if you didn’t grow up black in America, you wouldn’t be aware of.” - Yet another interview

18) “When you’re at an HBCU, and especially one with the size and with the history of Howard University — and also in the context of also being in D.C., which was known forever as being ‘Chocolate City’ — it just becomes about you understanding that there is a whole world of people who are like you. It’s not just about there are a few of us who may find each other.” - Yet another interview

19) "On January 20, 2021, Kamala Harris was sworn in as Vice President – the first woman, the first Black American, and the first South Asian American to be elected to this position." - the very first line in her official White House bio since 2021.

20) “I grew up in a community where it was an extended family of people who told all of us as children [that] we were young, gifted, and Black." - Kamala at the 2024 Essence Fest

You have COMPLETELY ignored that list every time I posted it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
By your logic Paul wall is a black man :russ:

You’re a pathological liar and manipulator

Lie #1: Nobody said “Kamala Harris wasn’t raised in black culture” we said she didn’t identify as a black woman. To be more specific, she only claims to be black in order to pander to black voters.

Lie #2: You never proved she’s claimed to be black her whole life. You post long walls of text about the various black people/groups she was associated with. For example: “kamala went to Howard” yeah so did Rachael dolezal :heh:

Lie #3: Kamala Harris spent her entire life around white people
Age 1-7:
Evanston, illinois = majority white
Urbana, Illinois = majority white
Madison winsconsin = majority white
Age 7-12:
Berkeley, california = majority white
Age 12-18:
Montreal, Canada = majority white

Not only that, but her mother was a doctor who did research at universities who lived in upper scale college communities so she lived amongst wealthy white people. Kamala was raised in an Indian household from age 12-18. You’re acting like she came home to her mother was watching “good times.” She then went to a majority white college in Canada for 2 years before attending Howard university.
Great post, but I AM saying she wasn't raised in Black culture. No culturally Black people GAF about Kwanzaa like that (no pics of that, of course), or wash greens in a bathtub:scust:

I could be wrong though, maybe she WAS cooking Kwanzaa bathtub greens while listening to Pac in '86 :troll: