Kamala Harris Jamaican Family Speaks Out

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Great post, but I AM saying she wasn't raised in Black culture. No culturally Black people GAF about Kwanzaa like that (no pics of that, of course)

The Afro-American Association was founded in Berkeley in 1962. Kamala Harris's parents met at a meeting of the association that same year, with Kamala's father as the designated speaker. It quickly spread to other universities including UCLA, and soon the UCLA president of the Afro-American Association was Ron Everett (later Ron Karenga), who is the literal founder of Kwanzaa. He started it in 1966, when Kamala was 1-2 years old. As I've already pointed out in previous posts, Kamala's mother kept Kamala heavily involved with Afro-American Association members and activities in Berkeley up through 1976 and stayed in touch with them for decades afterwards.

Since her parents were members of the exact same organization as the leader who founded Kwanzaa, and since other members of the organization were all around her, it seems pretty logical to think they would have been among the most likely people to practice it. A lot more logical than to think that some try-hard know-nothing poster in 2024 has the slightest clue what Black people were or were not doing in Berkeley in the 1970s.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Why is Harris' father so quiet?

Because he doesn't want the drama, I'm sure.

Hilarious that this is what y'all are reduced to. When the other side's father was a literal KKK member and segregationist.

THAT is the family that certain posters here are so desperate to run any sort of interference for.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
paul-mooney-nope.gif

an individuals teenager years usually shapes that person into the adult they become
Kamala spent all her teenager years with her Indian mother and her Indian family in Canada
so please, we have to stop this nonsense about her being around black people & growing up in black culture

Aint you puerto rican or something my guy? How are you policing who is black or isn't. I could be getting you confused with someone else though :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
bytch is a non-tranny Decepticon, idc. :yeshrug:

vlhHQjF.gif

She's been faking since birth? :why:

20240727_FNP002.jpg

ST_20200816_XKAMALA5O3N_5890560.jpg

swingset.jpg

DsnqyPpTHmQWnKovy2qGAU.png

38242070-9167149-image-a-19_1611137295791.jpg

sp-86-on-the-yard.jpg

0) Parents met at the Afro-American Association where her dad was the featured speaker, remained prominent members and surrounded Kamala with active Black radicals throughout her upbrining.

1) Identified as Black as a child, lived in a predominantly Black neighborhood, attended a Black Baptist church, spent lots of time at the neighborhood Black community center, was bussed as a Black student

2) Her best friends were Black girls in at her 40% black high school and one of them lived with her for a year in her own room

3) Went to a Black HBCU

4) Pledged to AKA, a Black sorority

5) Became president of the Black Law Students Association in grad school

6) Dated prominent Black men in adulthood in the 1990s and 2000s

7) Won the Thurgood Marshall Award in 2005 from the Black Prosecutors Association

8) "What I suggest we do as African Americans is own this issue in law enforcement and then define it in the way that works for us because it is a myth, to say that African Americans don’t want law enforcement.” - from a 2006 conference of Black leaders on crime

9) From a 2007 article on Obama's candidacy: "The conversation highlights the lack of information that people in general have about African American contributions." Harris, who attended Howard University, said many Americans -- of all social and racial backgrounds -- have a limited perception of black people. In college, she saw African American men and women in leotards studying ballet in the arts department, young women with briefcases in business school, African Americans in lab coats studying medicine and in street clothes protesting actions on Capitol Hill. "We are diverse and multifaceted," Harris said. "People are bombarded with stereotypical images and so they are limited in their ability to imagine our capacity."

10) Spoke as the featured speaker at Black Prosecutors Association events, including one she hosted in San Francisco in 2010

11) "I was the first woman elected, first African American woman elected, and Asian American elected in the state as a district attorney." - from a 2012 interview with The Wrap

12) Was a leader in the Black Congressional Caucus

13) “She had two Black babies, and she raised them to be two Black women.” - Kamala speaking about her mother in a 2016 NYT interview

14) “My mother understood very well that she was raising two black daughters. She knew that her adopted homeland would see Maya and me as black girls, and she was determined to make sure we would grow into confident, proud black women.” - From her autobiography

15) “I’m Black, and I’m proud of being Black. I was born Black. I will die Black, and I’m not going to make excuses for anybody because they don’t understand.” - 2019 interview

16) "For other people who can’t figure out am I ‘black enough,’ I kinda feel like that’s their problem, not mine. Maybe they need to go back to school to figure it out. And maybe they need to learn about the African diaspora and maybe they need to learn about a number of other things.” - From another 2019 interview

17) "It affects everything about who I am,” she said. “Growing up as a black person in America made me aware of certain things that, maybe if you didn’t grow up black in America, you wouldn’t be aware of.” - Yet another interview

18) “When you’re at an HBCU, and especially one with the size and with the history of Howard University — and also in the context of also being in D.C., which was known forever as being ‘Chocolate City’ — it just becomes about you understanding that there is a whole world of people who are like you. It’s not just about there are a few of us who may find each other.” - Yet another interview

19) "On January 20, 2021, Kamala Harris was sworn in as Vice President – the first woman, the first Black American, and the first South Asian American to be elected to this position." - the very first line in her official White House bio since 2021.

20) “I grew up in a community where it was an extended family of people who told all of us as children [that] we were young, gifted, and Black." - Kamala at the 2024 Essence Fest

I keep posting this, and keep recieving ducktales.

@TripleAgent dapped you, but he earlier claimed that Kamala Harris had only claimed Black ONCE and never spoke on it again. Posted that list and he was radio silence.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
I don't like either side dem's or rebups because they are the status quo

but even I know the dems is the path or less resistance.

if we get our shyt together as group and use money to get things done (that's what politics is) its easier to sway the left but we unlike other groups don't do that

now if they flat out reject money from us to get something done then you know for 100%
they don't want us to accomplish anything as a group but we never tried to sway politicians with money.

but literally voting for someone that emboldens the Klan/nazi minded people that want to freely kill us with out guilt with out answering to the law (what Zionist are doing now in israel)

because someone doesn't appear to be like you enough

that's nothing but plebiscite babble to me.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't like either side dem's or rebups because they are the status quo

but even I know the dems is the path or less resistance.

if we get our shyt together as group and use money to get things done (that's what politics is) its easier to sway the left but we unlike other groups don't do that

now if they flat out reject money from us to get something done then you know for 100%
they don't want us to accomplish anything as a group but we never tried to sway politicians with money.

but literally voting for someone that emboldens the Klan/nazi minded people that want to freely kill us with out guilt with out answering to the law (what Zionist are doing now in israel)

because someone doesn't appear to be like you enough

that's nothing but plebiscite babble to me.
Blacks are at or next to the bottom at every financial metric. Who can we outbid? Israel? Corporations? How?