Kamala Harris: "Building up the middle class will be a defining goal of my presidency."

Tair

Superstar
Daps
“Building up the middle class will be a defining goal of my presidency,” Vice President Kamala Harris said at a political event in Atlanta on Tuesday evening.

“When our middle class is strong, America is strong,” the de facto Democratic presidential nominee said to the crowd of more than 10,000 supporters.

“And to keep our middle class strong, families need relief from the high cost of living so that they have a chance, not to just to get by, but to get ahead,” she added.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
We definitely need to do that.

These companies have been outsourcing our good paying jobs to save money w/ cheap skilled labor.

The American tech industry is basically building India's Middle Class right now. That's not an exaggeration either.

India and China have both been recognised for rapid economic growth and the rise of the middle class. But the rise of the middle class in India is associated with different growth drivers. Unlike China, which has a global reputation for exporting manufactured goods, India has benefited from a service revolution. India’s IT outsourcing industry is still considered one of the largest exporters of IT and business process outsourcing services. It has been on an increasing growth curve for the past several decades. India’s growth pattern in the 21st century is remarkable because it contradicts a seemingly iron law of development that has held true for almost two centuries since the start of the Industrial Revolution.

Republicans only favor Big Business CEO's, so this trend will only get worse for Americans and better for Indians with Trump running things.

Last edited:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I mean they said that in the Biden campaign

Issues - Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

Yet in 2034 there won't be a single thing you can point to that happened in the Biden presidency that shows they were committed to elevating the middle class. I'ma need more specifics. How will you do this? :jbhmm:
Tax breaks?
:sas2:
What is the middle class? How do we define it? I make 140K+ but my Wife doesn’t work. I have no car payment, I bought my house pre-Covid, and no consumer debt. We live modest, but this food is kicking our ass. We save money for our children’s college fund and max out our 401K contributions. Our child care costs 1200+ a month. If I didn’t have TriCare, my health insurance would cost 8k+ a year.

There is no hope for the middle class if you are “doing the right thing”.

Biden wants young childhood education to start at 4 years old, possible 3. That would help the middle class substantially. Bringing down healthcare costs would help out as well. If you are trying to buy right now, good luck. 7%+ interest rates plus taxes and insurance puts your mortgage over 2K for a 200K home. Good luck finding a starter home in/near a decent city for under 200k. I was looking to invest in Macon and home prices were crazy for a country town.

Point is there is no reprieve for the “middle” class. The new middle class is 200K+. That’s when you can live comfortably and not worry if you lose your job.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
The kind of Black men who actually believe that:

giphy.gif

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
The middle class actually requires work to maintain its not really a natural phenomenon with the way things are set up. Late stage capitalism really promotes wealth inequality.
To widen the middle class it's going to require a lot more than just the president on board we need congress on the same page and willing to pass some important bills too. The congressional race is just as important as the presidential race in this regard.

But I'm glad she is letting us know this is on her mind and will be priority for her presidency. If it doesn't happen be prepared to hear her blame congress when it is brought up.