Kamala Harris: Arab Americans have been leaders in shaping our nation from the beginning

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
How you a politician but cant even pander right :russ::russ: there is subtly, there is tact, you got to give a wink and nod.
All she had to say was “ On national Arab day lets give thanks to the contributions they have given society worldwide”.
Boom thats it, people wont be able to nickpick because there is truth in it and she get brownie points from the Abadi family:russ:
thisss, shordie is very goofy for a politician, but then again Joe Biden is even more tone deaf and goofier.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Even if you eliminate the recent muslims who have lived in america the last 100 years....from a technical stand point you can say she is correct. Cause a large portion of the African slaves who Muslims that step on this soil from the trans Atlantic boat ride.

Its just that black American's (folks like myself and others) ancestors were forced to give up their religion and adopt Christianity during slavery.
She's still wrong. Muslim does not equal Arab.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Historians have uncovered some information about Arab Americans during the Revolutionary War, which estimates around four Arab Americans served in the Revolutionary Army. The first Arab American to die for America was Private Nathan Badeen, a Syrian immigrant who died on May 23, 1776, just a month and a half before American independence.[7] During the American Revolutionary War, horses exported from Algeria replenished the American cavalry. Morocco was the first country to officially recognize the independence of the United States in 1787 in what is known as the Moroccan–American Treaty of Friendship.

Five seconds of google. You brehs starting to sound like white people complaining about identity. It's a harmless tweet and historically accurate. It's Saturday evening, go get laid.
Just stop it. What of the above qualifies as leadership!? Arabs played a role? OK. Hell I’ll even give you played an “important” role just for fukkery sake but that’s a Dhaslim-level stretch. It was a pandering azz comment and it’s getting called out.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She's still wrong. Muslim does not equal Arab.

I think that you are on point. I think that she may have just used Arab and Muslim interchangeably. Not all Arabs are Muslim and not all Muslims are Arabs. At least 33% of the slaves brought to the USA were Muslim, but that were from Africa rather than from Arabia.

She is the vice president. She is not supposed to be making that kind of error.

Global Connections . Stereotypes | PBS
America's First Muslims Were Slaves