Kamala Harris ancestry thread (keep it all here; mods please enforce)

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I am creating this thread to wall off all this discussion on Kamala's identity and ancestry.

Not because I dispute calling her Black. As I have stated before I know people who knew her and Maya in the 90s and they were primarily with the Black community then, no one questioned it, Maya married an ADOS man (who their mom reportedly adored), Kamala's public love interests before Doug were all ADOS Black, they do not speak Tamil, etc....but I digress.

I want to discuss the serious politics of this election and I am tired of scrolling through a dozen pages in every Kamala thread with shouting matches about birth certs, Jamaicans as a 'race', and Donald Harris' heritage etc.

If you want to discuss that, fine it is your right. But could we please keep it here and stop polluting other threads?

Mods please nudge anyone who starts trying to rant this elsewhere? Thanks.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Election 2020 showed that at least 50% of members and some of the mods cannot be taken seriously.
If you add the members to ignore list, you can read political threads without extraneous childish comments rehashed from 4 years ago.

Politicians use entertainers to deliver political messages because in reality a certain segment can only digest information with singing & dancing and humor attached to it.

I put up a thread about the Shade Room pivoting to political coverage recently.

And in reality, it makes sense. The Breakfast Club , YTers, etc is the time that some adults are on.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:what:

why would you even make a threat about this?
This could be all cleared up if she addressed her heritage/lineage but she doesn’t because she is playing the role of being black when convenient

Its not rocket science, shes half black half indian.

Blacks are so afraid to critically think because they want to anglo saxons blessings.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Her father is black.
If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.

I'm trying to understand what nikkas are talking about?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Election 2020 showed that at least 50% of members and some of the mods cannot be taken seriously.
If you add the members to ignore list, you can read political threads without extraneous childish comments rehashed from 4 years ago.

Politicians use entertainers to deliver political messages because in reality a certain segment can only digest information with singing & dancing and humor attached to it.

I put up a thread about the Shade Room pivoting to political coverage recently.

And in reality, it makes sense. The Breakfast Club , YTers, etc is the time that some adults are on.
Of course it makes sense as there's more money and traffic in political topics than it is in other forms of content. That was evident during the 2016 elections and even more evident now with how they've taken over TLR even if it's rehashing the same topics over and over again.

As I mentioned before, I don't see how people haven't tired of it yet as it gets old and draining listening to it after a while.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
:what:

why would you even make a threat about this?
This could be all cleared up if she addressed her heritage/lineage but she doesn’t because she is playing the role of being black when convenient

Its not rocket science, shes half black half indian.

Blacks are so afraid to critically think because they want to anglo saxons blessings.

you think those agents gonna get paid if they relegate their trolling to this thread?

Her father is black.
If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.

I'm trying to understand what nikkas are talking about?

That link was posted in Oct 2020

They met at Black student group meetings at Berkeley. Huey Newton also attended meetings if I recall

People (not me) still seem agitated about it and want to discuss it ad nauseam. I personally don't block people but even if I did a lot of other posters still get sucked into these arguments.

If people want to argue this fine, just keep it HERE and stop making sub-threads in every election thread about it.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I think she from the planet Neptune if I recall correctly, :jbhmm: from the Northern Pole to be exact.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I'm really not even sure what there is to discuss anymore since nobody's changing opinions and black people vote for candidates of all ethnicities at high levels.

Her campaign is literally so devoid of substance and policy this is all people really can talk about, I guess. Sad. When Obama ran (since people love to compare him to the Indian woman) he had Obamacare.

Obama was gonna get in there and do all he can to reform the healthcare system. Folks were actually charged up about making health care affordable and there was a large discussion going on around the health care system. He had an actual signature policy he was behind that folks could get excited about.

Kamala Harris is running, she has....