Kamala Harris ancestry thread (keep it all here; mods please enforce)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Her father is black.
If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.

I'm trying to understand what nikkas are talking about?

*8 and a half minutes

In keeping with OP's point about identity and orientation, here is a snippet about the Black study group mentioned earlier. Where Kamala's parents met. The Afro American Association (@4:15)

Professor Donna Murch delivers a lecture about The Power of The Public University. Much of it from her book listed below

content

So did
rs_1024x759-150617074718-1024.Rachel-Dolezal-Savannah-Guthrie-Today-Show-1JR-61715.jpg

Claiming that this man is not Black is fukking stupid

He and she are not FBA but that is a Jamaican American Black man.
Still waiting to hear Donald Harris admit to or claim any African heritage. We have people who met/know him saying otherwise. Where is the correction? He claims everything else. People are hinging their entire argument on his looks and inferences, but zero evidence.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Her father is black.
If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.

I'm trying to understand what nikkas are talking about?
Whenever someone says the bolded they’re not to be taken seriously

that guy

Superstar
Daps
*8 and a half minutes

In keeping with OP's point about identity and orientation, here is a snippet about the Black study group mentioned earlier. Where Kamala's parents met. The Afro American Association (@4:15)

Professor Donna Murch delivers a lecture about The Power of The Public University. Much of it from her book listed below

content

This just shows a lack of understanding historical context.

1. Kamala’s parents arrived in America during segregation. Not only could they not associate with white people socially, but when it came to academia, the only group of intellectuals outside of white america were Afro-Americans. In other words, if you were asian, indian, Jamaican, etc. And you were in college, you attended African-American networking events. It wasn’t by choice.

2. Y’all don’t realize that by continuously repeating this narrative, you’re making her family look worse. The fact that her parents met at an African-American social event, lived with African-Americans, (and seeing as how they went to college) most likely had all African-American friends yet STILL chose to identity as “Caucasian” and “Jamaican” as their race tells you the distain they had for the black American racial designation.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I'll take this opportunity to ask a question: Where are people getting the idea that her father is Indian too? I keep hearing it, but have no idea where it came from.

He wrote an article or blog of some sort where he talked about having slave owing ancestors relatively recently in his lineage. I think people have extrapolated that given the way slavery was practiced in the Caribbean that he might have had more East Indian in his line that black.