Kamala Harris ancestry thread (keep it all here; mods please enforce)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
People (not me) still seem agitated about it and want to discuss it ad nauseam. I personally don't block people but even if I did a lot of other posters still get sucked into these arguments.

If people want to argue this fine, just keep it HERE and stop making sub-threads in every election thread about it.
Some of the mods were in on pushing that line in 2020 despite it being debunked.

They didn't stop it then, why would they stop it now? They made an attempt to curb the diaspora wars years back and threatened to ban people. When it turned out that they would have to ban their buddies who they agreed with, they blinked.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*8 and a half minutes

In keeping with OP's point about identity and orientation, here is a snippet about the Black study group mentioned earlier. Where Kamala's parents met. The Afro American Association (@4:15)

Professor Donna Murch delivers a lecture about The Power of The Public University. Much of it from her book listed below

content

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Her father is black.
If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.

I'm trying to understand what nikkas are talking about?

:what:

1. her own father doesn’t consider himself black on her birth certificate under where it says color/race he put Jamaican so again he clearly does not consider himself black
  2. how did she live her blackness through her whole life when she was raised by her Indian mother and family in Canada for the overwhelming majority of her young life
  3. and yes, she chooses to be black for her convenience because as you posted, she went to HBCU and pledge to a historically black sorority, but the minute that she became political in northern California, she swore in as an East Indian, not as a black woman

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Her father is black.
He was "black" here, pre CRM, but was he actually considered "black" in Jamaica? Real question since, as they're all so wont to tell us, American race delineations are unique to us.

If she were to apply for a loan, be stopped by police or walk around a korean grocery store in Oakland California in the 80s, she'd be looked at as black.
:mjlol:

She didn't "choose" to be black for convenience. She's been apart of black society her whole life. She went to an HBCU and pledged to a historically black sorority.
My personal unsourced opinion is that Kamala was a bit of a party girl, an academic black sheep in her family. (Look at the parents' pedigree, and her little sister went to UC Berkeley and Stanford Law.) I think that, having experienced her social positioning among whites in both the US and Canada, she figured she'd do better among us. Take that as you will.

She’s 35/40 percent African at most.
:patrice: Wouldn't that mean that her father would have to be close to 80% African?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'll take this opportunity to ask a question: Where are people getting the idea that her father is Indian too? I keep hearing it, but have no idea where it came from.