Justice Smith says Black Lives Matter must include black gays and trans to be legit

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
This is basically a resume builder for him. Lots of white-owned media outlets and academic institutions love to hire the type of negroes who paint the Black community as uniquely homophobic.

He may also be pissed because it's "Pride Month", and unlike last year, no one cares about that shyt. We're dealing with real issues in 2020.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Lives matter is actually run by LBTMG or whatever they are

Im sure he knows this so why are people still pretending that its not an organisation that has always been run by gays (not that Im saying there is anything wrong with that)

well there is actually , when did entryism become so popular in America?

Daps
In theory, yes and it should. However, and not trying to start something here, but if a gay person were to read some of the things posted on here about them, would they truly believe everyone feels this way? I mean, ppl have posted about gay/trans ppl deserving to die, how they would even resort to killing their child if they were gay.
Where on TheColi have you read someone saying gays need to die? I've never read a single post that said this.

:patrice:

Daps
Black Lives matter is actually run by LBTMG or whatever they are

Im sure he knows this

Which makes it all the more apparent that this is less about representation of black gays in this uprising than it is an attempt to co-opt the movement and weaken its affirmation that black life - especially cis black men - matters.

:francis:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Have I missed something? Where did this narrative shift come from? We went from George Floyd and Breonna Taylor being the main focus to a shift towards LGBTQ issues.

Now don’t get me wrong there are some issues that non Black CIS men and women go through but this shift has been quick and coordinated

Daps
In theory, yes and it should. However, and not trying to start something here, but if a gay person were to read some of the things posted on here about them, would they truly believe everyone feels this way? I mean, ppl have posted about gay/trans ppl deserving to die, how they would even resort to killing their child if they were gay.
Lol @ bringing up message board comments. This is about police brutality of black people. Period. When the police see a black person, that's all they see and base their attack/murder on. They do not see a gay black man or whatever they consider their sexual orientation. All they see is black and attack.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which makes it all the more apparent that this is less about representation of black gays in this uprising than it is an attempt to co-opt the movement and weaken its affirmation that black life - especially cis black men - matters.

:francis:

I thought it was co opted but Ive been told by a few people who are familiar with them that it was set up by gays but it was a conscious decision to be seen as a black movement ... I dont know how true this is but Ive been told a few times

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
If determining who mattered was left up to this forum, it would turn into a game of Guess Who?