Just saw Noah

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
still mad about this a day later. the fans are hating it.
critics gave it 75^ on RT..fans 48.
Cinemascore of C
its gotten a "so-so" score on fandango with most of the recent reviews being "oh no" which is the lowest.

im not so much mad it wasnt accurate to the bible though that was disappointing, but they turned it into a fantasy movie and a shytty one at that. all those talented actors and director..what a fukking waste

won the box office but i bet word of mouth fukks it next weekend

:pacspit:

You should've read the graphic novel first breh...you would've known exactly what you were getting yourself into.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You should've read the graphic novel first breh...you would've known exactly what you were getting yourself into.
Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Just finished watching. Yooooo wtf? :russ: That shyt was so off the wall in the first half :laff: Noah was on one once that flood started though :merchant: :whoa: I found the second half annoying as fukk though... wayyy too much bytching and crying and screaming to be enjoyable. The Harry Potter chick especially :camby:. No desire to ever watch it again, but was worth seeing what all the fuss is about. Streams are out.

This movie is pissing off a lot of Bible-believing Christians because of the fallen angel rock giants and the partly deranged infanticidal Noah.

It's a shame because if they had stuck to the source material, it could've still retained fantasy elements (fallen angels with giant offspring) and depicted men, women, children, even infants, drowning in a way to elicit sympathy (might even cause some Christians to reevaluate their belief system and question what type of god would do that). Then Noah could have gotten drunk (which IS in the Bible) because of what he had to witness.

As it is, Aronofsky's vision alienates those who believe what's recorded in the Bible actually happened, so it won't be thought provoking to those who need to think the most. If it had been more faithful to the source, it could have had more impact. Unfortunately it'll be dismissed right out of the gate by the religious crowd.

Yeah you'd think so, but God killed the Egyptian's first born during the plagues and that's been depicted on film so idk... :patrice:

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
This film's Noah is lowkey the funniest character I've seen this year :pachaha:

His descent into madness is :gladbron:hysterical.

God didn't tell him shyt but he takes silence as confirmation to kill a potential baby girl.

This dude basically had a couple bad dreams and trips from Grandad's tea and decided all humans must die:lolbron:

The evil king that snuck onto the ark had me :mjlol:

Calling out Noah in his war speech :mjlol:.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
My brother told me about the "liberties" this movie took with the real story. Won't waste my time watching this.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
So...this movie is pretty good, eh? Not religious, so don't give a fukk about that standpoint. But just thinking back on the story from my church days, this shyt could get pretty wild with a big budget like this. Debating on whether to check this out by myself blazed or not :mjpls:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yo, this movie was fukkin horrific. it's my mom's birthday and she wanted to see this before Easter so i took her and my brother today. real talk, she's 57 and all 3 of us were cracking up in the theater at the end. when they get to land, it didn't want to end and we just lost it. we all had our heads down and tears in our eyes, the old couple in the theater with us probably thought we were crying.

movie looked like shyt. the effects were fukkin brutal. i didn't read this thread, but i cant imagine anyone truly liked this... now i gotta skim it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
lol at some people saying this was visually beautiful. there was maybe one pretty decent scene and it was like a second rate lord of the rings battle. the actual flood looked ok... but everything else was bad. the animals especially. they weren't even trying. fukkin as Noah aged he just looked like Tim Allen when he starts to transform into Santa Claus...

the acting was weak too, across the board. i love me some Jennifer Connoly and Emma Watson, but every time they were on screen all i was thinking was "shut the fukk up."