Just saw Noah

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Ita at the 3 dollar movie in my city.. was thibking about checking it out:patrice:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
This movie is pissing off a lot of Bible-believing Christians because of the fallen angel rock giants and the partly deranged infanticidal Noah.

It's a shame because if they had stuck to the source material, it could've still retained fantasy elements (fallen angels with giant offspring) and depicted men, women, children, even infants, drowning in a way to elicit sympathy (might even cause some Christians to reevaluate their belief system and question what type of god would do that). Then Noah could have gotten drunk (which IS in the Bible) because of what he had to witness.

As it is, Aronofsky's vision alienates those who believe what's recorded in the Bible actually happened, so it won't be thought provoking to those who need to think the most. If it had been more faithful to the source, it could have had more impact. Unfortunately it'll be dismissed right out of the gate by the religious crowd.

I couldn't get through 45 mins of this movie. It was that bad to me. Visually it was crazy but that's where it stops.

I heard his original movie was closer to the source material than the theatrical release. He received pressure from Hollywood & altered it to make certain audiences happy. If I find the link I'l post it. Like you said had he made it closer to the source with the Nephilim & the fallen angels (Watchers) & their true intentions instead of making them all benevolent, it could've been great with those visuals. I believe all of those stories about the Greek gods & their adventures came from this.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Saw it this morning. Without even reading this thread I somehow knew to cut this off after they got on the ark. Once that king snuck on I was like :rudy:

The only thing I got from this movie is that a nikka will do damn near anything to get some p*ssy. Noah's son was on a mission.

And even with those rock giants it took them 10 years to build that ark?

The movie should've ended shortly after the flood. I basically skipped the second half

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man where do I start...
106.gif

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this movie is visually pretty incredible, I think he got the tone right for an atheist viewer like myself to not even be thinking about the bible while watching, it was essentially a fantasy movie to me.