"Just learn to Code" they said... the TRUTH about Coding / Programming Jobs

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I’m starting my bootcamp for webdev on June 26, ends on Sept 15. Tell me I’ll be alright breh :lupe:

if I was you

I'd spend at least 4 hours EVERYDAY until june 26 to learn the fundamentals of web dev
HTML, CSS and JS

plenty of courses online for less than $20

by the time you enter the bootcamp, you will be able to build a basic functional website.
the biggest mistake you can make is start bootcamp with zero prep, you will be playing catch up instead of learning important concepts

btw, are you paying for the bootcamp or is it free?
if you are paying for it, I'd extremely advice against that

Top Left

Banned
Daps
if I was you

I'd spend at least 4 hours EVERYDAY until june 26 to learn the fundamentals of web dev
HTML, CSS and JS

plenty of courses online for less than $20

by the time you enter the bootcamp, you will be able to build a basic functional website.
the biggest mistake you can make is start bootcamp with zero prep, you will be playing catch up instead of learning important concepts

btw, are you paying for the bootcamp or is it free?
if you are paying for it, I'd extremely advice against that
I got a scholarship for lighthouse labs that’s worth 14k so I’m not paying anything. My sister went through it about 4 years ago with a scholarship too and she’s telling me same thing as you. I’ll take her logins and go thru it.

I don’t know about 4hrs a day cause I’m in fort mac right now working 12hr shifts, still inshallah I’ll squeeze in as much as I can.

And I appreciate all the advice from the brehs here, inshallah I’ll be doing it like you guys.:blessed:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I got a scholarship for lighthouse labs that’s worth 14k so I’m not paying anything. My sister went through it about 4 years ago with a scholarship too and she’s telling me same thing as you. I’ll take her logins and go thru it.

I don’t know about 4hrs a day cause I’m in fort mac right now working 12hr shifts, still inshallah I’ll squeeze in as much as I can.

And I appreciate all the advice from the brehs here, inshallah I’ll be doing it like you guys.:blessed:

Insha'allah you will do great bro
I'm happy that you got a scholarship, it gives you a break from stressing and second guessing urself

in that case, even one hour a day goes a long way
I always recommend 'The Web Developer Bootcamp' by colt steele on udemy ($15)

I say sign up for that course and challenge urself to complete it by start date.
you would be so ahead of your peers that they might ask you to tutor struggling students

Top Left

Banned
Daps
Insha'allah you will do great bro
I'm happy that you got a scholarship, it gives you a break from stressing and second guessing urself

in that case, even one hour a day goes a long way
I always recommend 'The Web Developer Bootcamp' by colt steele on udemy ($15)

I say sign up for that course and challenge urself to complete it by start date.
you would be so ahead of your peers that they might ask you to tutor struggling students
Will buy once I’m done my shift. Appreciate the advice walaalo :salute:

Daps
OP is a retarded nut, but I want to thank you again for this thread, breh :wow:

This thread really put the battery in my back and made me decide to switch my career to tech :wow:

Folks ask why I put so much time into the coli, but this site has put money into mine and my family's pockets MANY times. Greatest site in the world. :wow:

Just got my offer letter :wow: :wow: :wow:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Are you networking and reaching out to people and letting them know that you're looking for something?
Sorta, kinda...maybe not. People in my small network know i'm looking but haven't been able to plug me with connects. I'm very anti- social media so not gonna jump on linkedin and be on my :feedme: tip

I think part of the issue is im quite private and wont put my business out there to get sympathy interview calls.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorta, kinda...maybe not. People in my small network know i'm looking but haven't been able to plug me with connects. I'm very anti- social media so not gonna jump on linkedin and be on my :feedme: tip

I think part of the issue is im quite private and wont put my business out there to get sympathy interview calls.
How’s your resume? People always say, if you’re not getting interviews then it’s your resume that’s the problem.