Just installed League of Legends... what do I need to know?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, haven't updated the thread. I was gonna post a screenshot just now but its downloading the 5.12 patch
I'm lvl 28.
2 more levels and I can hop in ranked and mess around.

I know I got at least 100+ wins and 2500+ takedowns cause my emblem for them is gold now instead of silver.
:salute:

My best game is 17 / 1 / 10 with Heimerdinger and 9 / 1 / 39 with Sona, both blind draft... but normally I'm not that good on a regular basis. My ping sucks sometimes. I only win like 50% of the time thus far.

Yea, pretty much everyone except the pros has a 50% win rate. The matchmaking is really good like that.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
6dc2f7f921.png

Heim looks rainbow cause I got a skin mod for him :banderas:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Heimer is fun to play sometimes although I usually only play him when I dont really wanna mid. When you get to 30 dont rush into ranked unless you think you are that good and wont get stuck in bronze

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Some dudes at a lan party got me into this. I've been playing like mad for about 3-4 months now and just hit 30. My suggestion is don't spend any of your points and just play free heroes each week. They rotate new ones in weekly. Try to play each one once so you get what they're about.

Stick with playing against AI on 5 man teams at first. After about level 10 or so, start playing PVP matches against other players.

The one thing you need to know that no one tells you is the roles on 5-man matches. There's the Top lane player, the Middle lane player, two Bottom lane players (an Attack Damage/Carry guy responsible for doing lots of damage and a Support person who aids or heals the ADC so he can level up fast). The last player can either go up Top with the other guy or be a Jungle player. He runs around killing those neutral monsters off the main lanes and launches sneak attacks on the other team called "Ganks". Pre-matchup, people call their assignments and then pick the right champ for their assignment. Don't press "Lock in" until your team has everyone's position worked out.

And, ignore all the shyt talking, insult-spewing 14 year-olds. If someone starts slamming teammates, you can bet he sucks and he'll be the first to cry uncle and try to start a surrender vote.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'm tryin to understand what's going on in this clip,care to explain I've never played this before
I'll try and explain.

The red player is in a reaaaal bad spot cause while he is fighting a blue player, another blue player shows up to make it a 2 vs 1 situation.
Then it gets high level strategic.

The blue platers expect the red player to use his escape move (flash) to try and retreat to the right nearer the red base (which is what most people would do) but instead he uses his escape to run in the opposite direction (toward the blue base) stuns one blue player, then runs even further left, hops in a bush making himself untargetable cause the enemies don't know where he is inside the brush from the display on their screens, and by the time one of them actually enters the brush to regain visablility of him, he has successfully bought enough time to cast teleport which requires him to stand still for 3 seconds, thats why he didnt just cast it upfront... they would of killed him in those 3 seconds.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm tryin to understand what's going on in this clip,care to explain I've never played this before

And to add on what notPsychosiz said, the guy running in is called Jarvan and is playing the role of jungler which is basically a guy who roams the map and tries to catch people slipping; best role in game imo :lolbron:. The lane he's running to is called top lane and basically the red player whose playing Kennen which is a highly mobile champion has no turret to hide under to protect him from getting killed by said jungler so its an ideal situation for the blue team to pick up a kill/gold. They should have killed him in that situation even if the fukker is fast but he outplayed them by using his abilities and vision trick(s) with the brush/bushes.

As far as you sucking for a while is no joke though.. I was decent though at the beginning because it is all pretty intuitive to me. I got my cousin to give it a try and man.. he was bad and is still kind of bad but he's found his niches more so now.

Last edited: