Just installed League of Legends... what do I need to know?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Its fun, been playing DOTA1 since 2003 still dabble in DOTA2 and LoL.

Add me: TNC187

I'm not great (stay in upper Silver Tiers) but I been playing these types of games for a decade, the basic premise is the same for all of them, its just figuring out the quirks
It says you have to accept it. I sent it though.
I'm only just now level 4.

My first friend:wow:
:myman:

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Thanks. I bookmarked that site.

I haven't played either, yet. I just know how Blizzard treats its properties. Anything not named WoW is neglected. Thats why they wont give us SC Ghost or another actual Warcraftgame. Rock & Roll Racing, Lost Vkings... all their properties sit and rot.
It'll be out soon though. If it doesn't have pay2win microtransactions I'll ake a look.
What are you talking about :dahell:

No blizzard games are pay 2 win

there are no pay2win blizzard game s:mjlol:

there will never be another warcaft rts till wow dies :scust:

and nobody gives a shyt about rock n roll racing or lost vikings :mjlol:
Dude says the craziest shyt on this forum. I was gonna try n have a conversation with him bout this subject but he over here saying blizzard games are pay 2 win :dahell:

Hearthstone the closest i guess but even then can get all the cards free.

Ive played heroes of storm since early alpha, theres nothing pay 2 win bout that game at all.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Never buy any of the runes until you can afford tier 3 ones. Dont buy champs with RP. Dominion is full of bots, aram is full of bots, and summoner's rift is full of people that are already lvl 30 smurfing. Have fun:russ:. but nah the game is cool, but I think its a bytch for people who just started. Like I said a lot of the game modes are full of bots that people are trying to farm levels on so they can eventually sell it. If you want to learn how to play there are thousands of people that stream it on twitch This guy takes some of the best players and reposts their vids https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIdhrZprAQZIAVEvjVKCxzA

The main thing to do while you are trying to get to lvl 30 is trying to learn what every champ can do. You absolutely can not play this game if you only know what your character does and none of your opponents or teammates. Learn how each role is played, learn which lane you prefer, and learn how to get cs(this doesnt seem like a big deal in the beginning but trust me). Basically just try to get to lvl 30 whil soaking knowledge. When you do get lvl 30 dont rush into ranked either unless you want to be in bronze 5

Hearthstone is definitely a pay to win game unless you are a monster at arena and even then it would take waaaaay longer to get the shyt you need. A year ago before their first expansion it was possible to get legend with free decks but I dont see how you could do that now.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Never buy any of the runes until you can afford tier 3 ones. Dont buy champs with RP. Dominion is full of bots, aram is full of bots, and summoner's rift is full of people that are already lvl 30 smurfing. Have fun:russ:. but nah the game is cool, but I think its a bytch for people who just started. Like I said a lot of the game modes are full of bots that people are trying to farm levels on so they can eventually sell it. If you want to learn how to play there are thousands of people that stream it on twitch This guy takes some of the best players and reposts their vids https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIdhrZprAQZIAVEvjVKCxzA

The main thing to do while you are trying to get to lvl 30 is trying to learn what every champ can do. You absolutely can not play this game if you only know what your character does and none of your opponents or teammates. Learn how each role is played, learn which lane you prefer, and learn how to get cs(this doesnt seem like a big deal in the beginning but trust me). Basically just try to get to lvl 30 whil soaking knowledge. When you do get lvl 30 dont rush into ranked either unless you want to be in bronze 5

Hearthstone is definitely a pay to win game unless you are a monster at arena and even then it would take waaaaay longer to get the shyt you need. A year ago before their first expansion it was possible to get legend with free decks but I dont see how you could do that now.

Yeah, my first match a guy on my team was lvl 30. I was level 2 on intro difficulty... so thats pretty lame. Thats like me going back to the middle school basketball courts and dunking on everybody :pachaha:
Heartstone is absolutely pay to win. I know. People don't wanna hear it, but it is.

Haven't played HotS but I'm just going on what I know from Heartstone and WoW.

Not even arguing with folks that say Blizzard isn't pay2win...
When spending money raises your level 1 character to level 90 :mjlol:
:trash:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
These brehs aren't fukking with you. If I could warn my old self before I started playing league of legends about what it will do to all of your free time for months I would have kept myself away from it. This ain't no joke :whoa:
I still play though :yeshrug: I have some skill now so I may as well continue :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone

what you mean with aram is full of bots?

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
what you mean with aram is full of bots?

There are programs that will auto control a champion to just move around mindlessly so the system doesn't detect them as AFK. They do this for the purpose of going to a high volume of games without needing human control to farm level 30 accounts to sell for profit
:snoop: It's wack and makes winning when you have them on your team and the enemy doesn't infinitely harder

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
There are programs that will auto control a champion to just move around mindlessly so the system doesn't detect them as AFK. They do this for the purpose of going to a high volume of games without needing human control to farm level 30 accounts to sell for profit
:snoop: It's wack and makes winning when you have them on your team and the enemy doesn't infinitely harder

:dahell:

I've played aram probably 5x a day for the last... 2 years and I've never seen this.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
It says you have to accept it. I sent it though.
I'm only just now level 4.

My first friend:wow:
:myman:

I play casually, the game CAN get addicting but just limit yourself to 3 games a day on week days and you'll be fine. Its just a matter of figuring out your playstyle and what characters you like playing which roles.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Yeah, my first match a guy on my team was lvl 30. I was level 2 on intro difficulty... so thats pretty lame. Thats like me going back to the middle school basketball courts and dunking on everybody :pachaha:
Heartstone is absolutely pay to win. I know. People don't wanna hear it, but it is.

Haven't played HotS but I'm just going on what I know from Heartstone and WoW.

Not even arguing with folks that say Blizzard isn't pay2win...
When spending money raises your level 1 character to level 90 :mjlol:
:trash:
I think people do that because a vast majority of the people that play this game are either silver or bronze. So it actually is like you said. These dudes can only play at a high school level so they go to middle school courts and try to flex knowing they cant compete with the people they should be playing against. To be fair though, the difference in skill between someone that is bronze and someone that is challenger is the difference between an actual chef and a motherfukker with an easy bake oven at this point:lolbron:. Once they started making major bucks off e-sports the people that are really good at this game got even better.

Dude above me already explained the aram thing though. I have seen games on youtube where the entire moves the exact same way at the same time
:dahell:

I've played aram probably 5x a day for the last... 2 years and I've never seen this.
are you playing on a low level account? Doesnt happen at lvl 30

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
:manny:

It's a good game but any advice any of us give you won't make any sense.

For example...
Bottom lane is for ADC and support characters so make sure you match up with one or the other if you go bottom.
Top lane is subject to random attacks from the Jungler known as "ganks". You need to make sure to ward the river and the bush and keep an eye on your minimap to avoid ganks.
Both Red and Blue buffs (Lizards/Golems) spawn at 1:55 and respawn 5 minutes after EVERY creature in their camp is killed. Dragon spawns at 2:30 and respawns 6 minutes after dying. Baron spawns at 15:00 and respawns 7 minutes after dying. Make sure to ward these so you can control them.
If Yi gets fed, run.

Now, did any of that make any sense to you? Of course not. So what you need to do is what I said. Stick with Ashe for now, learn how to last-hit. That's all the advice you need right now.
Thanks for this advice. I have been using it. (Update in first post)
Yi is an a$$hole to play against when you are new. I can get him now... but it was a learning process.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
@notPsychosiz You still playing this or did you see your life slipping away and abandon ship?

Yeah, haven't updated the thread. I was gonna post a screenshot just now but its downloading the 5.12 patch
I'm lvl 28.
2 more levels and I can hop in ranked and mess around.

I know I got at least 100+ wins and 2500+ takedowns cause my emblem for them is gold now instead of silver.
:salute:

My best game is 17 / 1 / 10 with Heimerdinger and 9 / 1 / 39 with Sona, both blind draft... but normally I'm not that good on a regular basis. My ping sucks sometimes. I only win like 50% of the time thus far.