Just installed League of Legends... what do I need to know?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm not convinced anything blizzard does is not just gonna be pay 2 win.

I was considering Infinite Crisis cause I like comics, and Turbine has done a great job with their mmos thus far... but Infinite Crisis seems like a watered down League of Legends, so I might as well try the original (except for Dota)

I actually wouldn't mind full objective based arena combat without the minions, like Fat Princess (underatted game) but everything is streamlined into heroes + creeps now.
Not really looking for easy, and don't mind the learning curve. Just need to know what to do or look out for.

heroes of the storm is no more pay 2 win than league of legends..

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Ashe is an ADC (attack damage carry). She is also a garbage tier ADC because she has no escape, no steriods and pretty much all of her abilities blow bar her ult. Basically all she does is slow or stun people. She is never used as a support champion, and if you pick her as a support in any competitive match you'll get flamed non-stop.

A quick look at leaguepedia tells me Lucian, Jynx and Sivir are the most popular ADCs. Personally my fave was always Tristana, she has huge range late game, attack speed steroids (q), an escape (w) and peel (her r). She should be cheapish as well. Sivir is also cheap. Both are noob friendly.

And yes, the ADC goes bot with a support.
Steroids are temp buffs I'm guessing?

I don't need her to be great. I just am using her to learn the game cause she is free.
I'm level 2.:heh:

Anyone tryna flame me at level 2 is just a smurf I can basicaly ignore.
(Also Ashe is getting an update in about a month or so with a new ability according to the devs. It was being discussed on her wiki page)

I'll give Sivir a try today also. Thanks for the advice.:salute:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the same Ashe is really boring to play. Maybe the rework will change that but until I'd invest in a decent ADC asap. Also you are wasting time playing a bad ADC when could be using someone good. :yeshrug:

Also don't buy quints/marks etc until level 30.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Yi is garbage. He rapes in low level games because no one knows how to exhaust or to CC him. Against any half-decent player he is worthless.

ADCs have pretty much set builds you can follow every game. Check out solomid for builds.

Thanks. I bookmarked that site.

heroes of the storm is no more pay 2 win than league of legends..

I haven't played either, yet. I just know how Blizzard treats its properties. Anything not named WoW is neglected. Thats why they wont give us SC Ghost or another actual Warcraftgame. Rock & Roll Racing, Lost Vkings... all their properties sit and rot.
It'll be out soon though. If it doesn't have pay2win microtransactions I'll ake a look.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Check out streams as well btw. Rekkles is currently streaming on twitch, he is one of the best non-Korean adcs.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Thanks. I bookmarked that site.

I haven't played either, yet. I just know how Blizzard treats its properties. Anything not named WoW is neglected. Thats why they wont give us SC Ghost or another actual Warcraftgame. Rock & Roll Racing, Lost Vkings... all their properties sit and rot.
It'll be out soon though. If it doesn't have pay2win microtransactions I'll ake a look.
there are no pay2win blizzard game s:mjlol:

there will never be another warcaft rts till wow dies :scust:

and nobody gives a shyt about rock n roll racing or lost vikings :mjlol:

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf

Yeah, I'll be fine at this game.

Thats exactly the equipment I had selected on my own, except for the Static Shiv until someone sugested it to me.
The masteries I hadn't mapped out yet cause I only have two points. And I still don't know where to get marks yet, but conceptually I have a grasp on what I need to do.

I notice that he is using a summoner spell (Flash) to make up for the fact that Ashe does not have a built in escape. :ohhh:

So I think I'll do that as well, when I unlock it of course. Again, I'm level 2.:mjlol:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You take flash always on every adc (and the vast majority of champions). Great defensively and offensively. On Ashe I'd take both flash and ghost. :ld:

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
there are no pay2win blizzard game s:mjlol:

there will never be another warcaft rts till wow dies :scust:

and nobody gives a shyt about rock n roll racing or lost vikings :mjlol:

Heartstone is 100% P2W

I got the RRR remake, actually. Its called Motor Rock and its pretty sweet.
Blizzard wouldn't make it, so some russian people did.
:ufdup:Don't sleep.

motor-rock.jpg

motor_rock_12.jpg

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel confident saying I'm probably the highest rated dude in the game on this board and the biggest advice I can give you is to never get into it if you have an addicting type personality and if you do still get into it and want to know how to get better just keep playing. All that other shyt is worthless just keep playing and eventually you'll not suck as bad.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Its fun, been playing DOTA1 since 2003 still dabble in DOTA2 and LoL.

Add me: TNC187

I'm not great (stay in upper Silver Tiers) but I been playing these types of games for a decade, the basic premise is the same for all of them, its just figuring out the quirks

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Alright, I did two matches with Ashe.
I can only play co-op against bots right now since I'm level 3. All dificulties are locked except intro.

First match I was 9 / 2 / 21
The second match I was 11 / 3 / 16

I didn't realize if I run on the enemy starting platform I get zapped... :dead:

You guys are right, this game is extremely fun.
I'm level 4 now.

Of the two matches I played, I have been the second best person on the team overall both times. But both times the guy with the most kills has a ridiculous number by comparason.. first time it was 46 and after that 35.
But I think they are melee... cause they are doing jumping groundslams and combos and shyt while I'm like *pew pew* with my bow :skip:

I've killed some wolves and giant frogs and rock monsters but I can't find the dragon :patrice:I was looking for it.

The game is very fun so far.

There is no voice chat? That seems weird.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at it... that dude with 46 kills is level 30.
Thats pretty strange.

Last edited: