Just installed League of Legends... what do I need to know?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You think he's kidding, but he's not.

shyt is incredibly addicting.

Uninstall that shyt unless you're ok sinking most of your time into this shyt for the next 3 years.

It did ruin my life. Im just starting to pick up the pieces.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
:sadcam: Damn... y'all sound like the lifers on Scared Straight

The only game advice in this whole thread is pick the tutorial character and uninstall the game. :skip:
You nikkas is no help.
:deadmanny:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
:sadcam: Damn... y'all sound like the lifers on Scared Straight

The only game advice in this whole thread is pick the tutorial character and uninstall the game. :skip:
You nikkas is no help.
:deadmanny:

:manny:

It's a good game but any advice any of us give you won't make any sense.

For example...
Bottom lane is for ADC and support characters so make sure you match up with one or the other if you go bottom.
Top lane is subject to random attacks from the Jungler known as "ganks". You need to make sure to ward the river and the bush and keep an eye on your minimap to avoid ganks.
Both Red and Blue buffs (Lizards/Golems) spawn at 1:55 and respawn 5 minutes after EVERY creature in their camp is killed. Dragon spawns at 2:30 and respawns 6 minutes after dying. Baron spawns at 15:00 and respawns 7 minutes after dying. Make sure to ward these so you can control them.
If Yi gets fed, run.

Now, did any of that make any sense to you? Of course not. So what you need to do is what I said. Stick with Ashe for now, learn how to last-hit. That's all the advice you need right now.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
@Grand Conde hey fam, so u played the beta for heroes of the storm?

Im looking for a new computer game to play while i study for my gmat... i know some people get addicted to games like this... but i just dont have that issue, i played tons of mmo's growing up never effected my life...

is dota 2 a huge learning curve tho... cause im not trying to suck

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Grand Conde hey fam, so u played the beta for heroes of the storm?

Im looking for a new computer game to play while i study for my gmat... i know some people get addicted to games like this... but i just dont have that issue, i played tons of mmo's growing up never effected my life...

is dota 2 a huge learning curve tho... cause im not trying to suck

Yeah I've played a bit of HOTS, and a little bit of DOTA2. If you are studying then HOTS would be better, games are like only 30 minutes long and the learning curve isn't steep. I'll be honest though I found the game pretty boring. DOTA I enjoyed a lot more, but the games are longer and far more difficult.

Honestly I only play CS:Go multiplayer wise now. Lost interest in MOBAs. :yeshrug:

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
:manny:

It's a good game but any advice any of us give you won't make any sense.

For example...
Bottom lane is for ADC and support characters so make sure you match up with one or the other if you go bottom.
Top lane is subject to random attacks from the Jungler known as "ganks". You need to make sure to ward the river and the bush and keep an eye on your minimap to avoid ganks.
Both Red and Blue buffs (Lizards/Golems) spawn at 1:55 and respawn 5 minutes after EVERY creature in their camp is killed. Dragon spawns at 2:30 and respawns 6 minutes after dying. Baron spawns at 15:00 and respawns 7 minutes after dying. Make sure to ward these so you can control them.
If Yi gets fed, run.

Now, did any of that make any sense to you? Of course not. So what you need to do is what I said. Stick with Ashe for now, learn how to last-hit. That's all the advice you need right now.

I read the wiki for like 3 hours while it was downloading. I know about jungling and getting ganked and understand the lanes and terms. Like I know ADC is Damage Carry (forget what the A is for...)
Can I go bottom with Ashe? She is supposed to be a secondary support char.

I'm not new to games, just this game.

What shouldI ward the river with? Vision or Stealth wards? Or, assuming I'm playing Ashe, is that my role? Like I mean, would it be my job to do that in particular or does it simply need to be done by the team?

So, Master Yi is overpowered I take it. Thats good to know to avoid.

Still haven't played a match yet except vs AI. I'm tryna set up the item set first.
On Ashe at Summoner's Rift I have Bloodthirster, Banshee's Veil, Zeke's Herald, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer, Ruunan's Hurricane, Static Shiv and Berserker's Greaves Alacrity. (I know I can only have 7, thats just whats in the list to try and obtain)

I don't understand how to obtain marks though.
It says I have an empty mark slot but I don't know where to get them. Do I get them from winning or have to buy them or something?

Thanks, by the way.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
if you are trying to get into MOBAs just wait for Heroes of The Storm. Way easier to get into.
I'm not convinced anything blizzard does is not just gonna be pay 2 win.

I was considering Infinite Crisis cause I like comics, and Turbine has done a great job with their mmos thus far... but Infinite Crisis seems like a watered down League of Legends, so I might as well try the original (except for Dota)

I actually wouldn't mind full objective based arena combat without the minions, like Fat Princess (underatted game) but everything is streamlined into heroes + creeps now.
Not really looking for easy, and don't mind the learning curve. Just need to know what to do or look out for.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ashe is an ADC (attack damage carry). She is also a garbage tier ADC because she has no escape, no steriods and pretty much all of her abilities blow bar her ult. Basically all she does is slow or stun people. She is never used as a support champion, and if you pick her as a support in any competitive match you'll get flamed non-stop.

A quick look at leaguepedia tells me Lucian, Jynx and Sivir are the most popular ADCs. Personally my fave was always Tristana, she has huge range late game, attack speed steroids (q), an escape (w) and peel (her r). She should be cheapish as well. Sivir is also cheap. Both are noob friendly.

And yes, the ADC goes bot with a support.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I read the wiki for like 3 hours while it was downloading. I know about jungling and getting ganked and understand the lanes and terms. Like I know ADC is Damage Carry (forget what the A is for...)
Can I go bottom with Ashe? She is supposed to be a secondary support char.

I'm not new to games, just this game.

What shouldI ward the river with? Vision or Stealth wards? Or, assuming I'm playing Ashe, is that my role? Like I mean, would it be my job to do that in particular or does it simply need to be done by the team?

So, Master Yi is overpowered I take it. Thats good to know to avoid.

Still haven't played a match yet except vs AI. I'm tryna set up the item set first.
On Ashe at Summoner's Rift I have Bloodthirster, Banshee's Veil, Zeke's Herald, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Phantom Dancer, Ruunan's Hurricane, Static Shiv and Berserker's Greaves Alacrity. (I know I can only have 7, thats just whats in the list to try and obtain)

I don't understand how to obtain marks though.
It says I have an empty mark slot but I don't know where to get them. Do I get them from winning or have to buy them or something?

Thanks, by the way.

Marks, glyphs, quints, and... I forget the other one... You get them from the store. You buy them with IP. You get IP after a match. There's 3 kinds. Lesser marks, normal marks, and greater marks. Two schools of thought here. One is that since you will eventually be using all greater marks, not to buy any until you are allowed to get them (level 20 I believe). Other school of thought is that you will be at a disadvantage if you don't buy any lesser or normal marks. I say buy them, and trade them in when you get higher.

Ashe is ranged ADC, and should be paired with a support in bottom lane. The most important thing for a ranged ADC is last-hitting. I cannot stress it enough. If you wanna run some bot games together, add me: CTWIII

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yi is garbage. He rapes in low level games because no one knows how to exhaust or to CC him. Against any half-decent player he is worthless.

ADCs have pretty much set builds you can follow every game. Check out solomid for builds.