Just got the Witcher 3

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
it was ok. i think it hinged on being huge and having a decent story.
it really could have benefited from way more intelligent enemy AI. the rush and attack rush and attack rush and attack style has really worn out its welcome these past couple years imo (im looking at you fallout 4)
another huge problem for me is that they made some enemies complete tanks, seemingly to just to make the battles long as hell and seem epic...thats something i think only really worked for old turn based jrpgs
i got a long way but theres no way ill finish it

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its a very good game. Plenty to enjoy. I thought the combat needed some polish but no major complaints otherwise.
This...
I suggest playing on the highest difficulty. then you actually have to use your oils, signs, etc
..and this. Even on the hardest difficulty, game wasn't too hard tho, but I wouldn't say the combat itself was too bad (albeit could've been a lil better, but it's rather on par of action RPGs of the past anyway), it was serviceable at best. My major complaint really was that the controls were quite janky and delay of responsiveness. The control scheme set up was fine and not too cumbersome or confusing in itself, just that the movement and latency issues were quite subpar, for any game really. That actually lead to me dying more than any part of the game being difficult. It's rather telling tho that even with that in mind (and it's heavy glitch-fest, which is inherent to open world games, true, but it really takes the cake here, as it's like on 1st generation of open world wonkiness), which is usually very major complaint for a game, that I still give it a 9/10 ranking.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I am really baffled at how much love this game gotten. I know everybody has their own opinion but the game combat is wack and the creatures I didn't feel.

The entire game was point A get the mission Point B do a task Point C go back to mission giver etc... Boring.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Basically the controls and feel of Geralt is unresponsive as fukk, particularly in comparison to Platinum and From Software games.

The upside is you have oils and bombs and stuff but they kind of break the game later on.
Why do people compare those more action oriented games, to an open world RPG like the Witcher?

Totally different games.:smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah it is @MeachTheMonster you better get on that horse and ride the equivalent of 2 miles in real life in the game to the next objective but by the way look out for human size leeches.
You obviously have not put substantial time into the game. That's what's so special about it because it changes/evolves the normal WRPG mission structure

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not true at all:smh:

It's mildy true at best. It's one of those things where you can break down any game into that sort of set template. But other than that, the games missions and a wealth of side quests especially, were a lot more diverse than most games quests and side quests. I don't see much how fans of RPGs could hate on the game much, outside of it's control responsiveness and open-world gamey glitchiness (this is just inherent to the genre tho unfortunately). Maybe also if you're more into the type of RPGs that you design your own character or are turn-based fan over real-time I can kinda get you as well or if the setting puts you off (in that case, you probably don't like RPGs at all tho, lol), but other than that tho...nah.