winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still have my iPhone 4S. :mjlol::ufdup:

These new shyts can't even fit in my pocket. :what:

I would of just went on holiday somewhere with the money you spent. :manny::huhldup:
An iPhone XS can easily fit in a pocket. Personally I plan to keep my iPhone X until either a notchless phone is released or until it dies. The problem with these new phones is we've reached the point where a phone from years ago can do all that most people need so these annual upgrades are meaningless.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
An iPhone XS can easily fit in a pocket. Personally I plan to keep my iPhone X until either a notchless phone is released or until it dies. The problem with these new phones is we've reached the point where a phone from years ago can do all that most people need so these annual upgrades are meaningless.
I realised this about 8 years ago, mate.:francis:

I'm not pay £600+ for my phone to be shinier and 0.000004% quicker than the last.

I don't care about the megapixels of a camera and I don't care about 3G or 4G marketing nonsense.

as long as my shyts can go online, the screen is in colour, I can make phone calls and tap like on IG thots photos then I'm all good.

My iPhone 4S hasn't failed me yet.:wow:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I realised this about 8 years ago, mate.:francis:

I'm not pay £600+ for my phone to be shinier and 0.000004% quicker than the last.

I don't care about the megapixels of a camera and I don't care about 3G or 4G marketing nonsense.

as long as my shyts can go online, the screen is in colour, I can make phone calls and tap like on IG thots photos then I'm all good.

My iPhone 4S hasn't failed me yet.:wow:
:wow: you making me nostalgic. Next generation has no idea of the struggle :wow:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You still using a 4S? I'm fairly certain the OP aint lookin for yo answers on this :scusthov:
All smartphones are the same, so get your head out ya a-hole.:hhh:

Yous a sucka for marketing.

I don't give a uff about brand loyalty nor do I care about tech trends.

My iPhone 4S may be slightly slower but I can still do exactly the same thing.

Other than the superficial gimmicks like megapixels or Face ID etc:mjlol: please tell me what a "newer" smartphone can do that mine can't... I'll wait.:mjgrin:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Other than the superficial gimmicks like megapixels or Face ID etc:mjlol: please tell me what a "newer" smartphone can do that mine can't... I'll wait.:mjgrin:
I'm a tech head; I like new developments and them pushing technologies to the bleeding edge. I'm a "what can they think of next?!" kinda dude.
Yes, recently the improvements have been minimal year over year. But if you take a 4s and put it side by side against an Xs, ALL the tasks will be completed quicker and of higher quality than the 4s, period. The 4s has slow ass 3g internet, and supports none of the current apps needed to interact with many products. Its still a nice design tho, but you straight bullshyt on that "slightly slower" shyt, fukk outta here :camby:
If I was a "sucka for marketing" id have an Xs myself, but ill pass.
If you dont care about higher quality and better working features, then we will have to agree to disagree.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm a tech head; I like new developments and them pushing technologies to the bleeding edge. I'm a "what can they think of next?!" kinda dude.
Yes, recently the improvements have been minimal year over year. But if you take a 4s and put it side by side against an Xs, ALL the tasks will be completed quicker and of higher quality than the 4s, period. The 4s has slow ass 3g internet, and supports none of the current apps needed to interact with many products. Its still a nice design tho, but you straight bullshyt on that "slightly slower" shyt, fukk outta here :camby:
If you dont care about higher quality and better working features, then we will have to agree to disagree.
Phones have matured to a point where many of the tech advances are worthless. Chips are faster and people are still just using phones for basic task. Outside of better battery life I don't see many opportunities to improve phones. What more can a phone do?

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
My iPhone 4S runs literally every single one of the current apps you speak of.

I couldn't care less about 3G or 4G because it doesn't impact my life. I don't mind waiting 0.5 seconds longer for certain apps to load because they do the same exact tasks and to the same "quality".

Justify spending nearly £800 on a shiny piece of glass with metal inside all you want but the fact is for the past decade nearly all smartphones can and have been doing the exact same tasks as their technological successors.

I too am a techie but I am also a realist.:stopitslime:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
My iPhone 4S runs literally every single one of the current apps you speak of.

I couldn't care less about 3G or 4G because it doesn't impact my life. I don't mind waiting 0.5 seconds longer for certain apps to load because they do the same exact tasks and to the same "quality".

Justify spending nearly £800 on a shiny piece of glass with metal inside all you want but the fact is for the past decade nearly all smartphones can and have been doing the exact same tasks as their technological successors.

I too am a techie but I am also a realist.:stopitslime:
You bullshytting. 3G is trash due to carriers migrating the bandwidth to LTE. iOS 9.3.5 is slow as fukk on the phone, and that OS came out 3 years ago, so many of the latest apps have no support for it. (netflix, many of the games I play, my home automation shyt thru SmartThings and HomeAssistant, etc etc) Phone has half a gig of fukkin ram, so everytime i leave one app and come back a bit later, everything has to refresh :mjlol: So no, it aint "just 0.5 seconds, yo ass is full of shyt. fukk outta here "techie" :mjlol:

Colbert.

All Star
Daps
Is it that much different from the X? I’m thinking about getting a MAX but I don’t wanna waste the scratch for a lateral move :lupe:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You bullshytting. 3G is trash due to carriers migrating the bandwidth to LTE. iOS 9.3.5 is slow as fukk on the phone, and that OS came out 3 years ago, so many of the latest apps have no support for it. (netflix, many of the games I play, my home automation shyt thru SmartThings and HomeAssistant, etc etc) Phone has half a gig of fukkin ram, so everytime i leave one app and come back a bit later, everything has to refresh :mjlol: So no, it aint "just 0.5 seconds, yo ass is full of shyt. fukk outta here "techie" :mjlol:
You're weird.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I would ride with this if it was an iPhone 5S at the very least. Touch ID is well worth it and the fact that it’s on a modern version of iOS.