Just got my PS5... hook me up to some games

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I haven't had a Sony console since 2006 and I'm only now getting back into gaming. What are some games I should check out?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just get ps plus extra for now and eat. Save your game money and buy a extra Controller, a charging station, and a SSD upgrade.

8t3mwb.jpg

If you really want some games not on PS Plus….theres Horizon Forbidden West, The Last of Us Part 1 (remake) and Part 2, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Gran Turismo 7, and God of War Ragnarok in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I haven't had a Sony console since 2006 and I'm only now getting back into gaming. What are some games I should check out?

What are you into?

And before you buy anything, some of the best multiplayer games are completely free, including not needing to pay for PS+:
  • Fortnite *
  • Rocket League **********
  • Apex Legends ***
  • Call of Duty Warzone (Warzone 2 in a couple weeks) ***
  • Overwatch 2 *
  • Destiny 2
  • Warframe
  • Rogue Company
  • Multiversus
  • Brawlhalla
  • Knockout City,
  • and more...
There's a whole section for Free To Play games in the store but these are the best ones. I put a * next to the ones i recommend.

You also get the PS+ Collection for free when you buy a PS5 which has games like God of War 2018, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Resident Evil 7, etc for free. A few of these games are PS5 enhanced too. I think there's around 20 games in this collection, again, for absolutely no cost.

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Just get ps plus extra for now and eat. Save your game money and buy a extra Controller, a charging station, and a SSD upgrade.

8t3mwb.jpg

If you really want some games not on PS Plus….theres Horizon Forbidden West, The Last of Us Part 1 (remake) and Part 2, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Gran Turismo 7, and God of War Ragnarok in a couple of weeks.

Plus worth it ?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Plus worth it ?

Yeah, for someone like me that buys all the big games day 1? Not so much, for people that can wait for sales or haven’t had a playstation in a while 100%

It has like 80% of the big playstation and 3rd party games on it plus new stuff every month. These games are still all worth a lot of money also

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
This thread is relevant to my interests. I also got out of the gaming right before the PS4 generation started and looking to get a PS5 at some point somewhat soon.

My original plan was to get the game of the year that were for PlayStation's dating all the way back about 5 years as well as the nominees.

As well as other AAA titles that I just know about from the grapevine.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut. now it's got some so so side quest stories, and your typical go here kill some guys open world bullshyt, but its presentation is so on point its easier to ignore it. Plus the PS5 version is prolly the 4th best implementation of Duelsense haptics after Astros Playroom, Rift Apart, and Gran Turismo 7. I do not bother to platinum games but I can say I did platinum the base version of Ghost of Tsushima.

Astros playroom- you already have this by default if you have a ps5. play it and enjoy. still the gold standard of haptic feedback, plus its a short fun overall 3d platform.

Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart-fun 3d platformer with plenty of guns to upgrade. it looks really good too. its a short time but a good time.

Gran Turismo Sport- I chose this one because you said you haven't played since the PS3 era. as of now look, GT7 has great driving, great duel sense feedback, but I still feel it is incomplete. they have been updating it but I dont feel its ready for prime time yet. I play it but im also already 70 bucks in the hole so no going back now. GT Sport is more complete and has better payouts. I always see it for 10 bucks on PSN so it's a better overall price for what you get for now. im sure GT7 will eventually get to Sports point since it will continue to get support while Sport's has ended, but its not there yet.

Persona 5 Royal- they just dropped the PS5 version. now I didn't buy the ps5 version cuz it was a jerk off of an upgrade of the ps4 version, but for a first time player you might as well get the ps5 one. one of the best JRPGs of the last decade. soundtrack wavy as fukk too.

Nier Replicant &Nier Automata- Replicant is a remaster of a 2010 game and Automata was dropped in 2017. some of the best JRPG stories and characters I've seen in a hot minute. both soundtracks go hard, I would easily put up both soundtracks going toe for toe against giants like Nobuo Uematsu, really the best you gonna get in a video game. keep in mind neither game got a ps5 upgrade but due to backwards compatibility they will still play on the ps5. I liked both games so much I've bought them on ps4, xbox, and I bought Automata on steam but due to its bad port I was hesitant on Replicant so I beat that one on xbox and am now replaying it on my PS5.

Witcher 3- Its been 7 years since this dropped and we still haven't gotten an RPG with this much depth and choice. It's not my favorite game of all time but if somebody said it was, I wouldn't have an argument to debate them. its in an entire class of its own and is still the gold standard for RPGs regarding choice and outcome for quest lines. is currently due to get an upgrade for the PS5. also features a killer soundtrack, plus the gwent card mini game could be a whole game on its own. best side game since Triple Triad in FF8 23 years ago.

Last of Us- if you didn't play the ps3 version, and didn't play the ps4 remaster, then get the ps5 version. same gameplay from the ps3 generation but upgraded visuals. not the longest game but an interesting story with good pacing and heart racing clicker encounters. if you played the ps3 version, paying full price for the ps5 one is a hard pill to swallow but it is a memorable game.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This thread is relevant to my interests. I also got out of the gaming right before the PS4 generation started and looking to get a PS5 at some point somewhat soon.

My original plan was to get the game of the year that were for PlayStation's dating all the way back about 5 years as well as the nominees.

As well as other AAA titles that I just know about from the grapevine.

When you buy a PS5 you get the PS+ Collection for free and that comes with stuff like God of War 2018, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last of Us 1 Remastered, etc. I think its like 20 games in total, and a few of them are enhanced for PS5.

Literally the best games of last generation for free.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
When you buy a PS5 you get the PS+ Collection for free and that comes with stuff like God of War 2018, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Last of Us 1 Remastered, etc. I think its like 20 games in total, and a few of them are enhanced for PS5.

Literally the best games of last generation for free.
Recommended storage?

Do people even buy discs anymore? Everything's digital now right?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Recommended storage?

digital is the wave right now. I bought a 2TB wd SN850 SSD to go with my PS5. installation is easy. if you dont have the correct screwdriver, a 20 dollar ifixit kit from Best Buy will have it. you can even return the kit for your money back after you install the SSD

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Recommended storage?

You should be good with the default SSD that the PS5 comes with if you want like 5-7 games installed on your PS5 at once.

If you wanna buy physicals its up to you, but just know that most discs dont ship with the day 1 patch so youre still going to be downloading updates and installing games.