Just got back from seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past

JSS

Pro
Daps
So at the end of The Wolverine when Erik and Charles go talk to Logan at the airport, are they from the future where the sentinels are wrecking shyt or are they from the present (the ones that were in X1, X2, X3)?

In other words, did future Erik and future Charles warn present Logan about the sentinels or was it present Erik and present Charles that warned him?

I assumed that it was their future versions from a different timeline because: 1) Charles was alive and 2) both him and Erik knew about the future sentinels. But some people are saying that it was the present version of themselves and that the reason that Charles was alive in that scene is because he transferred his consciousness to another body at the end of X3.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was just ok, First Class is still my favorite X-Men film to date, I would put this as the 2nd best X-Men film. I also don't agree that this film is better than Winter Soldier.

Yeah...Winter Soldier is still the best comic movie of the year so far...at least IMO

In terms of X-Men films, I'd rank this one 3rd.

X-Men 2
First Class
DOFP

DOFP really got at Marvel with that Quicksilver scene, though:heh:

Can't wait to see how they respond to that..

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah...Winter Soldier is still the best comic movie of the year so far...at least IMO

In terms of X-Men films, I'd rank this one 3rd.

X-Men 2
First Class
DOFP

DOFP really got at Marvel with that Quicksilver scene, though:heh:

Can't wait to see how they respond to that..

I thought Quicksilver would be corny but they handle him very well, that easter egg in the lift was :lolbron:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
I saw this over the weekend and thought it was the best X-man movie yet. It actually made me want to go out and read the comics, and ive never wanted to do that in the past. My girl was had the:merchant: on for all the deaths:heh:, i couldnt get enough of the sentinals:blessed:.

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I thought it was just ok, First Class is still my favorite X-Men film to date, I would put this as the 2nd best X-Men film. I also don't agree that this film is better than Winter Soldier.
I love DOFP a little bit more than First Class. However I agree that Winter Soldier is the better film overall. It really set the bar high

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Been thinking about it some more. The reason why I think I put this above Winter Soldier is simply because I care more for the X-Verse than I do the Avengers-verse. Winter Soldier is without a doubt the BEST Avengers-verse flick, but righting all the wrongs, and getting so much done in a two hour film is so powerful, when the series has always been hit or miss.

Gotdammit, I need to see this again :wow:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Been thinking about it some more. The reason why I think I put this above Winter Soldier is simply because I care more for the X-Verse than I do the Avengers-verse. Winter Soldier is without a doubt the BEST Avengers-verse flick, but righting all the wrongs, and getting so much done in a two hour film is so powerful, when the series has always been hit or miss.

Gotdammit, I need to see this again :wow:

Always liked xmen 3 but It never really dawned on me just how much they fukked up the Xmen universe movie wise till the last 5 mins of DOFP.

Also this movie to me did a great job of putting all of the xmens powers on the screen at the same time. The fact that Wolverine was so low key action wise , really helped this movie.

Daps
Solid B+. Really enjoyed this movie. The future sentinals :damn:. Mystique's fighting skills :wow:. Micheal Fassbender is the perfect Magneto. His face on that elevator scene with Quicksilver :russ: , priceless.
Speaking of Quicksilver why they using two different actors when the marvel universe is so intertwined? Honestly after that Anna kernawhatever & Godzilla performance I don't see Aaron Taylor Johnson having the charisma Evan Peters gave Quick.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid B+. Really enjoyed this movie. The future sentinals :damn:. Mystique's fighting skills :wow:. Micheal Fassbender is the perfect Magneto. His face on that elevator scene with Quicksilver :russ: , priceless.
Speaking of Quicksilver why they using two different actors when the marvel universe is so intertwined? Honestly after that Anna kernawhatever & Godzilla performance I don't see Aaron Taylor Johnson having the charisma Evan Peters gave Quick.
Fox's X-Men franchise isn't a part of Marvel's film studio