Just finished watching "The Cabin in The Woods"

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
There are people in this world who like to watch Whedon Whedonbate all over a film until their mouths resemble a frothy milkshake...

I am not one of those people...

Movie had to many "DO YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID/SAID/REFERENCED" moments in it, and these moments were delivered in very lame fashions

It speaks volumes that when the "i didn't like it crowd" says the movie wasn't good the only thing the "like it" crowd can say is "it went over your head"

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Saw it on Netflix. It was ok. Yeah, the unleashing surprised me. I'll give them that. I got the satire part with the stereotypical characters, the virgin etc.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There are people in this world who like to watch Whedon Whedonbate all over a film until their mouths resemble a frothy milkshake...

Movie had to many "DO YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID/SAID/REFERENCED" moments in it, and these moments were delivered in very lame fashions

It speaks volumes that when the "i didn't like it crowd" says the movie wasn't good the only thing the "like it" crowd can say is "it went over your head"

:wtf:

You got it backwards and must not have read this thread, or any others here about this movie. The "I don't like it" crowd took damn near the whole thread to voice what they don't like about it. "Nah son, I don't like that shyt" isn't valid criticism. Meanwhile the people that do like it gave specific reasons why.

Fred.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Watched this last night with my chick thinking we bout to get in a good scary movie in for Friday the 13th. shyt was trash

But after reading some of the posts in this thread I realize that I missed a lot of dialog due to her talking to me and complaining throughout the movie. I might check it again, but i dunno.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
scream did it better.. because scream actually made a good horror/slasher flick while pointing out the cliche formula.

cabin in the woods tried so hard to deliver something new.. that it missed it being what it should've been.. a horror movie.

like, here are ALL the ingredients to your typical horror movie.. :smugfavre: but nah, this isn't a horror movie. i'mma give you something different. :jawalrus:

it should've been good. the idea is cool. but at the end, i just felt like they were showing off how clever they could be rather than trying to make a good movie.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Fu
scream did it better.. because scream actually made a good horror/slasher flick while pointing out the cliche formula.

cabin in the woods tried so hard to deliver something new.. that it missed it being what it should've been.. a horror movie.

like, here are ALL the ingredients to your typical horror movie.. :smugfavre: but nah, this isn't a horror movie. i'mma give you something different. :jawalrus:

it should've been good. the idea is cool. but at the end, i just felt like they were showing off how clever they could be rather than trying to make a good movie.
Funny Games also this this first, though in a much different way.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:heh: I halfway feel like the greater majority of people who didn't like it went into the movie expecting it to be "scary".....

it wasn't meant to be scary. It was meant to be what it was. A satirical look at the genre broken down to the metaphorical subatomic trope level.

You really think some scientists controlling what monsters get stereotypical movie kids is supposed to be scary?

Hell the scariest part of the movie is the sudden jump to the title screen. After that you're there to be entertained, not scared.

8/10 movie.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
When I watch Horror I either want something simple and familiar or something that redefines the genre while still staying true to it. This doesn't do that at all.

LOL I love this statement because this right here is the entire point of the movie.

THE JOKE IS ON THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T LIKE IT, BROTHER! THE FILMMAKERS WERE BASICALLY SAYING "fukk THE STUPID AMERICAN AUDIENCE AND THEIR STUPID FORMULAIC EXPECTATIONS OF WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN" DUDE! THAT'S WHY THESE LOSERS DIDN'T LIKE IT, MEAN GENE!

Exactly...this statement is directly related to the quote above.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
what have the makers done since this flick? Fill me in...

Well, Joss Whedon went on to direct The Avengers, the upcoming SHIELD show and really, whatever else he pleases.

Drew Goddard, one of Whedon's people, has worked on Buffy, Angel, Alias, Cloverfield, Lost and World War Z. He really doesn't need to do anything else.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh

Yup. Agree with this 100 percent.