Just finished watching "The Cabin in The Woods"

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
shut the fukk up with using the word "horrow"

this shyt is straight up trash comedy with :trash::trash::trash::trash::trash: rating

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't heard/seen one sensible, credible, unbiased comment of why this movie is considered garbage or whatever from the few naysayers that have stated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to job being ghey.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
I haven't heard/seen one sensible, credible, unbiased comment of why this movie is considered garbage or whatever from the few naysayers that have stated as such.

I think it was trash cause I'm a huge horror fan and I this movie was portrayed as a horror movie in the trailer, but wasn't that at all. Thats why I thought it was garbage. At least thats what I assumed it was.

I went with the mind state of something else and was disappointed when it was different.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
thats exactly why its wack though. The trailers portrayed it as a horror movie, not a satire.

That's a wack reason in itself to think the movie is wack as trailers for such movies have to mislead a bit in order to keep the element of surprise intact. Also, it's still very much a horror movie as well, just with a satirical approach.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: at this movie not being horror. It's horror. How is it not horror?

Fred.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
That's a wack reason in itself to think the movie is wack as trailers for such movies have to mislead a bit in order to keep the element of surprise intact. Also, it's still very much a horror movie as well, just with a satirical approach.

:yawn:

So if a chick goes to a movie thinking she's seeing a romance and it comes out straight action and gore, thats not a reason for her to be disappointed?

This didn't have the essence of a horror movie. You were trying to figure out the bigger picture and figuring out what was going on rather than focusing on the horror aspects. That isn't really a horror movie to me, so I don't know what you watch. But i see your fishing and not really worth my time to respond anymore

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
:dwillhuh: at this movie not being horror. It's horror. How is it not horror?

Fred.

a satire is its own genre. but I feel like the bigger picture stuff faded out the horror stuff for me. i was just trying to figure out what the deal was with the cameras and other videos that were failing, and they focused more on that stuff than horror. thats why I wouldn't consider it horror

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:yawn:

So if a chick goes to a movie thinking she's seeing a romance and it comes out straight action and gore, thats not a reason for her to be disappointed?

This didn't have the essence of a horror movie. You were trying to figure out the bigger picture and figuring out what was going on rather than focusing on the horror aspects. That isn't really a horror movie to me, so I don't know what you watch. But i see your fishing and not really worth my time to respond anymore

Fishing? I have no idea what you're talking about. Just as I don't know what you're talkin about with thinking that this wasn't a horror movie from the information that you provided. All evidence of a horror movie was easily provided within the movie. You've provided no evidence of it not beings horror movie, just some sentiment of what you feel is a horror movie.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Fishing? I have no idea what you're talking about. Just as I don't know what you're talkin about with thinking that this wasn't a horror movie from the information that you provided. All evidence of a horror movie was easily provided within the movie. You've provided no evidence of it not beings horror movie, just some sentiment of what you feel is a horror movie.

i gotta bounce back to work for a few hours. dap this so i remember to give u my explanation on it. i dont like to leave people hanging. But it was a satire of the horror genre. Not a horror movie.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I think it was trash cause I'm a huge horror fan and I this movie was portrayed as a horror movie in the trailer, but wasn't that at all. Thats why I thought it was garbage. At least thats what I assumed it was.

I went with the mind state of something else and was disappointed when it was different.

Exactly. I never would've watched the movie (at least until it leaked) but the reviews labeled it a "Horror Classic".

I went on Rotten Tomatoes and found two reviews that summed up mostly what made me dislike the movie

The Cabin in the Woods | Movie Juice
Horror spoof 'The Cabin in the Woods' lacks the wit of 'Treehouse of Horror' on 'The Simpsons' - NYPOST.com

It felt like they were trying too hard to be clever, funny and different.. the whole "Deconstructing the genre" and solving a puzzle stuff was more annoying to me than anything else.

When I watch Horror I either want something simple and familiar or something that redefines the genre while still staying true to it. This doesn't do that at all.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Exactly. I never would've watched the movie (at least until it leaked) but the reviews labeled it a "Horror Classic".

I went on Rotten Tomatoes and found two reviews that summed up mostly what made me dislike the movie

The Cabin in the Woods | Movie Juice
Horror spoof 'The Cabin in the Woods' lacks the wit of 'Treehouse of Horror' on 'The Simpsons' - NYPOST.com

It felt like they were trying too hard to be clever, funny and different.. the whole "Deconstructing the genre" and solving a puzzle stuff was more annoying to me than anything else.

When I watch Horror I either want something simple and familiar or something that redefines the genre while still staying true to it. This doesn't do that at all.

I'm just basically saying what he said. As a horror fan, I was very dissapointed watching this movie. As a movie geek, I thought it was still entertaining. It was a good movie, I just wouldn't label under the horror genre.