Just finished watching "The Cabin in The Woods"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I still don't see the point of installing one button that releases all the monsters at the same time. That's as bad as giving a janitor keys to everything in 28 Weeks Later.

:wtf:

The movie was a metaphor. The button wasn't meant to be an actual physical button, it was the creative forces behind horror finally saying "fukk this, enough horror cliches, let's try something new".

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
If you didn't like this movie, it probably went over your head...

Its deeper than a verse, nucca

It didn't really go over my head, I got what they were trying to do with the movie.. but it just didn't work for me. The humor wasn't my taste.. the whole movie was too tounge-in-cheek and the writer/director tried to put in too many "do you get what we're trying to say here" moments.

Not to mention it's more of a insult parody than a parody. Scream still managed to be a serious movie while making fun of the genre. This movie basically lambasted the whole genre and didn't do anything serious at all to reinvent the horror scene.

This shyt on Netflix yet?

It's not even on DVD yet.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I dug the concept.
UKVu0t8.gif

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I don't see how any horror movie fan can hate on this movie.

It wasn't really a horror movie. Not to mention it didn't feel like it was tounge-and cheek making fun of Horror like Scream.. it seemed more of a malicious attack on the genre from a couple of guys who were basically trying to say "Horror would be a lot better if it was done the way we think it should be" all while being super-pretentious

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It wasn't really a horror movie. Not to mention it didn't feel like it was tounge-and cheek making fun of Horror like Scream.. it seemed more of a malicious attack on the genre from a couple of guys who were basically trying to say "Horror would be a lot better if it was done the way we think it should be" all while being super-pretentious

like a dead man zombie hybrid returning from the dead and killing muhfukkas every Friday the 13th or a burned up child molester killing nikkas in their dreams isn't pretentious.

the horror genre itself is pretentious as fukk (besides movies like misery) so might as well go all out with it

R. Money

RMCMB
Daps
Reppin
Caymans, bytch!
i hated this shyt too because every time i stood up in the theater to yell "DONT GO IN THERE HE GON GET YOU" the movie flipped the script and changed the whole scene on me and all the white people in the theater laughed at me

happen to you too OP?

Daps
Loved the movie, felt like you could take it a few ways.

There is a line in there when it goes something like "We have to do it this way, you`d hate to see like it was before we were around" spoken by a studio person.

Made me think that the old Gods were not just us, but humanity throughout history.

Dig this, it's like we need these movies and these monsters to "fear" because we as humans need something to be afraid of. And before we had these yearly movies to scare us, people would be afraid of other things and that was very dangerous.

Before there were movies to scare the masses, people used to be scared of witches (Salem witch hunt) and that lead to real deaths. It's also know that people used to dig up graves because they believed in actual living dead because when they did the corpses would have blood on their mouths from Teburculosis, Some folks believed African tribes-people did voodoo and were canibals and the list goes on.

So kinda like the human psyche needs to be afraid, and without the movies we used to get afraid of actual people which lead to dangerous actions. So these movies appease the Old Gods aka human psyche and inclination to embrace fear