JUSSIE SMOLLETT LIED. CHICAGO POLICE SAYS HE PAID MEN TO FAKE HIS ASSAULT

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
If he's buying drugs why would they threaten him? He has the money. It doesn't even make sense that he'd be out at 2am for drugs when I'm sure a dealer would come to him and deliver. Based on that tweet of his it or seems like dude might be off mentally and orchestrated this.
Thats my point, I'm just trying to rationalize why he would call the police if he was involved in a drug deal gone bad. Makes no sense to me.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is gonna be a hoax and black men will be blamed being that mulattos get called black when it is time to slander black people.

Well a bunch of the MAGA dudes are gay so you already knew that they wouldn't have been attacking him for that shyt. So they are just going to go to the good old standby of Black man, which is the one that crackas love the most anyway.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Mf you quoted me tf?
I don’t give af who you “know” wtf does that have to do with this ?
Anyone can name el and bus stops what the fukk does that have to do with the price of tea in China, better yet hate crimes in streeterville?

Your whack as opinions trying to discredit him with no proof wasn’t warranted either, yet here we are.

No you originally quoted me talking some weird shyt about how dumb nikkas south and west don’t know shyt about other areas you stupid c*nt. But now I can tell that what this really boils down to is that you dont like my speculation over this crime or my doubt of the reported details. And you should have posted that originally instead of this subliminal bullshyt about me being some block nikka who never left his street. Hold this neg and stay the fukk out me inbox since my “ wack” opinion isn’t warranted. We obviously have nothing else to discuss

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude is clearly lying.:mjlol:.

It may be believable if you have one part of that story such as bleach OR a noose, OR two people shouting racist comments, but this idiot tried to add everything to his clearly fake story.

Biggest giveaway is no video footage. That's the most confusing part as why he would lie when anyone with more than one braincell knows Chicago has thousands of cameras.:mjlol:.

Shyt sounds like a damn skit, I want to see a Dave Chappelle reenactment :russ:

invalid

Banned
Daps
:russ: when a grown man resorts to petty ass comments like a woman rather than addressing the argument. Smh dude I'm not giving you any more attention. That comment ruined any credibility you had. But continue on your Coli soapbox rant...I'm on my way to Temecula for lunch.
:manny:

Well I'm hopeful that you won't come away crying about racism there.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Video Evidence Likely Exists in Apparent 'Heinous' Attack on Empire's Jussie Smollett: Police

"We will find them," a Chicago police spokesman tells PEOPLE

33f5b22f37c349d79884ecc87665abe7

CHRIS HARRIS
January 30, 2019 05:25 PM
A Chicago police spokesman tells PEOPLE he is optimistic video evidence will surface that will help them solve the apparent hate crime attackagainst Empire actor Jussie Smollett early Tuesday morning, describing the details of the allegations as “heinous.”

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tells PEOPLE police are widening their search of surveillance cameras — both public and private — in the area surrounding the sight of the alleged attack by two black-clad, masked men in the city’s Streeterville section near Smollett’s home.

“We are looking for more cameras to review footage from because we haven’t been able to find any cameras that have been of use to us, that documented the assault,” Guglielmi explains. “But these young men had to drive in from somewhere…they had to walk in from somewhere.”

He adds: “If and when this occurred, we will find some kind of digital evidence of it. We have the largest private surveillance network in the country with 3,500 cameras citywide. That particular area’s saturated with our cameras as well as private cameras and red light cameras. If someone drove into this area, we will find them. It takes time to go through all the footage.”

Guglielmi revealed new details about the attack to PEOPLE Wednesday, saying Smollett was targeted on his way home from a Subway, where he’d gone for a late night snack following his flight back to Chicago from New York.

Tasia Wells/Getty
“The victim goes to Subway just after midnight and on his way back, he was attacked by two men,” Guglielmi says. “They were masked and wearing black clothing. They called him an Empire … and they used a homophobic slur. They also used the N-word. They proceed to assault him, and they throw a chemical on him that may have been bleach, and put a rope around neck.”

RELATED: John Legend and More Stars Support Jussie Smollett After ‘Horrific’ Apparent Hate Crime

Guglielmi says the actor returned to his apartment afterwards, and call his manager, who quickly made is way to Smollett’s home. “The manager goes to the apartment, and they agree to call police,” the spokesman says. “The manager called us at 2:40 a.m.”

Police patrols “responded to the residence to take a report and the victim was still wearing the rope around his neck when they arrived,” Guglielmi says. “He explained to them why he had the rope around his neck, and the officers closed their body cams at his request, because they were in his private residence.”

Jussie Smollett
Jussie Smollett/Youtube
• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

Hours after that initial interview, Guglielmi says Smollett was interviewed a second time, and informed police his attackers told him he was in “MAGA country” before fleeing on foot — a reference to President Trump’s slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

FBI Investigating Alleged Threatening Letter to Smollett
The attack on Smollett comes after additional security was hired for the Empire set after Fox Studios’ Chicago offices allegedly received a threatening homophobic letter addressed to the 35-year-old actor, who is gay, last week. TMZ first reported the news.

The FBI is investigating that alleged letter, Guglielmi tells PEOPLE.

In photos of the purported letter — which were obtained by GrapeJuice.netand TMZ — the words “you will die black f–” are spelled out in magazine letter cut-outs.

RELATED: Taraji P. Henson Supports Jussie Smollett After Apparent Hate Crime: ‘My Baby Is Resilient’

A rep for Fox also confirmed that Empire’s shooting schedule will be reshuffled to accommodate his recovery. However, production was temporarily shut down on both of the network’s Chicago-based shows — Empire and Proven Innocent — due to severe weather. (The Illinois city is facing freezing temperatures and a polar vortex.)

Smollett’s rep has not responded to PEOPLE’s requests for comment.

PEOPLE has reached out to the FBI for comment. The agency declined to comment to the Sun-Times.

Smollett was treated at Northwestern Hospital and is in “good condition.”

20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment released a statement Tuesday: “We are deeply saddened and outraged to learn that a member of our EMPIRE family, Jussie Smollett, was viciously attacked last night. We send our love to Jussie, who is resilient and strong, and we will work with law enforcement to bring these perpetrators to justice. The entire studio, network and production stands united in the face or any despicable act of violence and hatred — and especially against one of our own.”