Jury Duty Unnappreciation

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Well you're lying about something. They have to select your name from some database.
Real talk, how these nikkas got my name?! What database?! Only thing I got really under my name is my debit card, social security, driver's license and some other menial shyt.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Real talk, how these nikkas got my name?! What database?! Only thing I got really under my name is my debit card, social security, driver's license and some other menial shyt.

There you go. The DMV database is usually the first one they check.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I rescheduled this shyt a few months back and they wouldn't let me pick a day and then these fakkits put the date on a day I have school.
I was gonna reschedule it again and I kept putting it off, so it's probably too late now.
Anyone ever been to this? How was it? How long is this gonna take? I just wanna go in and go out man, what do they want a damn 21 year old on their jury for?
If you think about it, the judicial system is trying to get a group of individuals of varying backgrounds into the jury pool. Isn't it great that the judicial system isn't prejudiced? That means you have not been filtered out because of your race, age or gender. You are being equally treated as other voting citizens.
If you have a valid reason to be excused from jury duty, like school, then you can request that, like you already have.
Your time in service can vary.
In my case, I got called and spent half a day. No trial by jury was requested. I got excused.

If you get called to serve on jury duty, you get screened beforehand by the prosecuting attorney and the defense attorney. Then, they will ask you a bunch of questions. The two attorneys pick who they both agree on to be in the jury. Then you have to listen to the trial and all that jazz. If you get picked on a weirdo homicide case where the defense pleads not guilty, then you could be on for months, for example, something like the OJ Simpson case.

Middle Finga U

Paper Chaser by Nature
Daps
Reppin
Melanated People Globally
I did it a couple of weeks ago. I ended up getting put in a pool of 50 jurors for a murder trial. They ended up doing a partial dismissal for the 50 jurors because they took a plea deal.

Didn't even met with the judge or anything. I was only there for about 3 hours before I left. Everybody else had to stay behind and wait. :lolbron:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Better do your coli duty to make sure blacks get off and cacs get the maximum sentence possible
I'm not registered to vote
I don't have a driver's license
I don't pay taxes
U reppin for that low life

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These fools had us sitting in the jury room for 4 hours and didnt even get a case :martin:
That shyt happened to me in March. My last spring break and it starts off with me driving 40 minutes to downtown Orlando to sit in a room for a few hours to do nothing. I never even got my damn $15 for it :upsetfavre:. Drove to whole foods to grab a mini keg to burn through with my brother afterwards.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Better do your coli duty to make sure blacks get off and cacs get the maximum sentence possible

U reppin for that low life

tumblr_lxtcmxI5u91r72gm7o1_400.gif

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I did jury duty earlier this month. It only made me lose the little faith I had in the justice system.

Some words of caution to the brehs out here pawgin':
1) If she cries rape, the cops will arrest you before doing any investigation at all
2) Even with evidence proving your innocence, white people will still look for a way to find you guilty
3) Lying on the stand yields zero repercussions for young white women

Sithlord Piff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
These mufukkas in Compton court had over 50 people in the jury pool...instead of interviewing everybody and selecting the best jurors, they picked the first 12, 2 alternates and let everybody else go home. Which left me stuck :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I did jury duty earlier this month. It only made me lose the little faith I had in the justice system.

Some words of caution to the brehs out here pawgin':
1) If she cries rape, the cops will arrest you before doing any investigation at all
2) Even with evidence proving your innocence, white people will still look for a way to find you guilty
3) Lying on the stand yields zero repercussions for young white women
I've seen so many court videos of cops lying on the stand with no consequences. :what: I just don't get it.