Jupiter's Legacy - New Netflix show based off of the Image comic book

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I thought it was cool. The past was dope. But the present was :snooze: up until maybe episode 6 for me.

CGI/Fight scenes/Costumes were TRASH. Unadulterated TRASH. How does one view these scenes and say this is the best show of the year so far?

I did really like the story of how they got their powers. Especially when they were in space :wow:

7/10

Best show of the year so far,

:beli:

Way better

, none of that, woe is me bullsheit

Except that's exactly what the daughter was on the whole season (8 episodes)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I thought it was cool. The past was dope. But the present was :snooze: up until maybe episode 6 for me.

CGI/Fight scenes/Costumes were TRASH. Unadulterated TRASH. How does one view these scenes and say this is the best show of the year so far?

I did really like the story of how they got their powers. Especially when they were in space :wow:

7/10

:beli:

Except that's exactly what the daughter was on the whole season (8 episodes)
Yeah, but when you realize what the plot of the season is, you understand why she is on the outside looking in. Plus, the best moment of the season was when she was hugging that pillow. Oh, you sprung, sis, okay!!!

And I don't know if you edited what I said, but the full statement was or should have been "oh, woe is me, I ain't got no powers" they game of thrones superpowers, only the powers (houses) matter

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I enjoyed the fukk out this shyt. I will admit the fight scenes sucked donkey dikk, but aside from that everything was top notch. I did not see the reveal coming :ohhh:

At time it felt like I was watching 2 shows. I actually enjoyed the flashbacks on how they got their powers. Found that to be more interesting.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed this overall. Definitely a bit clunky but overall pretty good.
I read the comics and I see why they made the changes that they did to the story.
I expect season two to be better.

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
Any comic readers know exactly why Black star is so crazy powerful compared to everyone else?

Netflix and Amazon really stuck gold with these independent comics.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Any comic readers know exactly why Black star is so crazy powerful compared to everyone else?

Netflix and Amazon really stuck gold with these independent comics.

In the comic Black Star isn't really a major story plot, they handle Black Star in like five pages.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a violence whore, the story and the acting is all I care about

I feel the same way but the action really gives you a sense of how powerful the characters are and how it shapes their decisions. It doesn't need to be hypervoilent but either way it's fine with me.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the season. There are a lot of slow parts, in particular the flashbacks to 1929/1930, but I guess it was necessary to explain how they got their powers.

Hopefully next season the budget gets increased so they can get better CGI. :francis:

Overall I enjoyed it.:ehh:

You weren't feeling the flashbacks? I think most people on the board were saying that was their favorite part of the show. I did enjoy all the scenes with Skyfox's son but hated his friends.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I feel the same way but the action really gives you a sense of how powerful the characters are and how it shapes their decisions. It doesn't need to be hypervoilent but either way it's fine with me.
Ok