"Jungle Fever" 1991 Spike Lee film starring Wesley Snipes

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great classic movie. Sam J looks real when he plays a crackhead.

I'm cofused at the ending....who is that girl?....was that his daughter or what?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh::mjlol: His wife is more mad about the fact that it was a white woman he cheated on her with than the fact that they he cheated on her.​

Actually she is pissed because her husband always had color issues and she ignored the shyt. Second it was a real scene because when a women is pissed she is mad at the act of cheating. She just mentions the side chick being white, black, fat, skinny, Mexican and whatever because that is what is going on in her head. But she is really pissed because dude cheated.

Another thing this movie could never be made in this PC world today. Crazy cause an Italian like that piece of shyt tarantino could do a movie right now calling black people all types of apes and monkeys and the shyt would get nominated for an award.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
is it out on bluray? commentary?
Not only has this movie never been released on Blu-ray, it's not available to buy digitally. Vudu, iTunes, & Amazon Instant don't have it for sale or rent.

I was able to find a 720p HDTV rip on a torrent. So it's good to see this movie has been remastered in HD.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this again for the first time in awhile. One thing that never struck me before was just how funny this movie is. Very dark and understated humor, It could almost be a satire.

Seriously, Ossie Davis' character, the combination of his over the top religious sermons and the gospel music playing in the background whenever he spit that ether was hilarious to me.

Wesley Snipes character being the stereotypical successful black man obsessed with proving that he's still "down" and coming across as conscious while still having severe color issues and lusting after white women and light skinned women

Angie being the typical naive white girl who "doesn't see race" and thinks love will conquer all

Paulie trying to rise above his ignorant ass family and friends

The Taj Mahal scene, probably the greatest scene depicting the crack era in cinematic history

The annoying racist Italians, the War Council scene with the black women, Gator's last dance, etc.

Movie is brilliant and in my top five best Spike Lee flicks