"Jungle Fever" 1991 Spike Lee film starring Wesley Snipes

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Movie was real as fukk. The issues his wife brought up. How dude had to deal with the racial politics at work. His brotha saying man she looks good for a white girl usually brothas get some ugly white girls. The discussion with his wife and her friends. The way popo harass old boy and his girlfriend.

Man spike just puts it all in the movie and real life shyt. Just a great got damn movie. I love the scene where the father gets on his son for bringing old girl home. That was some true ether.

Last edited:

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
What I always remember from this movie:

FLIPPER: No half-black, half-white babies for me. No.

ANGIE: Aren't Drew and Vera mulattos? Their skin is lighter than mine.

F: No octoroon, quadroon, mulatto babies. No.

A: Don't you have a daughter whose got white blood in her?

F: Yeah, so what? At least, in my eyes, Drew and Ming are black. They look black, they act black, so they are black. It is hard enough just bein' black out here. No no no no. Lotta times the mixed kids they come out all mixed up, buncha mixed nuts. No.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:what: This awkward & uncomfortable conversation/sermon his dad is giving at dinner table when he bring angie to meet his parents at the dinner table.

:dahell: Real Talk, how & why da you gonna bring yo sidepeice to Sunday dinner with your religious parents when you are a married man with a kid?

He was already trying to divorce his wife /seperated in his mind.... He wasnt thinking clearly...:heh: now looking back that's alot of fukkery like his father would ever accept angie....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is Spike at the height of his powers. School Daze to Clockers is his best run as a film maker and really is in comp as the best run of any director. Spike has made some duds but still he is a great director. Favorite scene, paraphrasing
- "Black women, they love for you to strap a saddle on them and just ride them into the sunset."
- "Yeah?"
- "Yeah."
- "How would you know?!"
- "He asked his mother!"
- Hey, my Mom's not Black! She's just a little dark!"

Hipped to the whole Sicilians being heavily mixed with African blood thing at a young age.