July 23rd It's OVER...! Official Xbox Game Event Showcase Thread 8AM PT/ 11AM ET

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So I ended up watching this last night and didn't get time to post my thoughts

Overall, it's hard to take much from the conference when it comes to games. I don't really get hyped off of trailers for new IPs (because I don't really know what to expect) and there wasn't too much gameplay shown. Overall it was an average showing. The problem is, MS can't really be afforded the benefit of the doubt when it comes to "waiting" for games because they haven't shown a history of putting out great titles consistently. I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by owning only an Xbox next gen, unless you just completely don't care for Sony games. Which at the end of the day, if most of your gaming consist of third party titles, then you'll be fine as usual.

My biggest question mark when it comes to MS isn't even about the games, surprisingly. It's the direction they're taking. I love what GamePass provides, even if the options aren't as great on the PC. And Sony needs to really do an overhaul of Playstation Now to compete with it. But even with all the good they're doing when it comes to messaging, MS approach to this gen, for the lack of better word, seems boring?

PS5 design, for better or worse, got people talking. It garnered millions of YouTube views. The conference got a lot of people excited even if they didn't show anything. The Epic Games demo got people talking about TFLOPS and SSD's transfer speeds in ways I didn't know were possible :mjlol:

I feel like Microsoft is struggling to get people to care about the hardware/brand right now. And as consumer friendly the idea is of allowing the Xbox One X to play newer titles for a couple of years is, I think a lot of newer titles actually benefit from being on exclusively new hardware. The idea of a making the "Xbox" a service is great. But it also seems like they put a lot of effort into making the new box a powerful one and it feels like an afterthought at the moment. I just don't think pushing the service needs to come at the expense of the hardware.

Daps

Overall, it's hard to take much from the conference when it comes to games. I don't really get hyped off of trailers for new IPs (because I don't really know what to expect) and there wasn't too much gameplay shown. Overall it was an average showing. The problem is, MS can't really be afforded the benefit of the doubt when it comes to "waiting" for games because they haven't shown a history of putting out great titles consistently. I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by owning only an Xbox next gen, unless you just completely don't care for Sony games. Which at the end of the day, if most of your gaming consist of third party titles, then you'll be fine as usual.

My biggest question mark when it comes to MS isn't even about the games, surprisingly. It's the direction they're taking. I love what GamePass provides, even if the options aren't as great on the PC. And Sony needs to really do an overhaul of Playstation Now to compete with it. But even with all the good they're doing when it comes to messaging, MS approach to this gen, for the lack of better word, seems boring?

PS5 design, for better or worse, got people talking. It garnered millions of YouTube views. The conference got a lot of people excited even if they didn't show anything. The Epic Games demo got people talking about TFLOPS and SSD's transfer speeds in ways I didn't know were possible :mjlol:

I feel like Microsoft is struggling to get people to care about the hardware/brand right now. And as consumer friendly the idea is of allowing the Xbox One X to play newer titles for a couple of years is, I think a lot of newer titles actually benefit from being on exclusively new hardware. The idea of a making the "Xbox" a service is great. But it also seems like they put a lot of effort into making the new box a powerful one and it feels like an afterthought at the moment. I just don't think pushing the service needs to come at the expense of the hardware.
they invested in all that hardware and teraflops for what?
something like Infinite shouldn't even be fukking possible :mjlol:
MS is stupid

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they invested in all that hardware and teraflops for what?
something like Infinite shouldn't even be fukking possible :mjlol:
MS is stupid
And that's my main point. I'm probably not buying a PS5 at launch but I know in order to play Horizon 2, I need to buy it.
Or wait for 2025 for it to hit PC :troll:

With the Series X, I didn't see anything presented in this conference as incentive to buy it. :patrice:

Daps
And that's my main point. I'm probably not buying a PS5 at launch but I know in order to play Horizon 2, I need to buy it.
Or wait for 2025 for it to hit PC :troll:

With the Series X, I didn't see anything presented in this conference as in
incentive to buy it. :patrice:
i've been called a sony stan for shytting on MS but everyone is shytting on them and rightfully so
I'm just a gamer :yeshrug:
I don't have loyalty to any of these corporations who just see me as profit
but breh I was legit excited for their event, a feeling I haven't had for any of their events for a while
I couldn't wait to see what Infinite looked like as well as some of their other first party games
12 teraflops, ray tracing, etc. I was like aight MS show us how much power this system got
then the infinite gameplay dropped :mjlol:
PS5 looks a lot more appealing and I can't see myself buying the Series X anytime soon

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

I’ve switch up and im pick ps5 now also. But tbh Sony just has a Fan loyalty that hyped up anything. Doesn’t have to be interesting at all. Nothing was interesting about the console design tbh lol. But I mean it’s PlayStation so grown men will die over it. Gotta respect the brand they built. Microsoft is goofing tho