Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Megumi should be ashamed of himself. Sukuna showing us the real power of these shadows :picard:
This further establishes less about Megumi and more how much knowledge of curse energy Sukuna truly has:lupe:I don't think Megumi is actually capable of that unstable thing because Sukunas cursed energy reserve is legitimately godlike. Only Gojo and the other Heian era sorcerers have this along with Yuta:ohhh::wow:It truly was the golden age of sorcery and Sukuna clearing these guys out is the only way the next gen can have a chance. He's OP enough there's no way Yuji and the other kids would last against any of them. I want to know more about the past but we really also got to see what the others are doing. There's no way they haven't gathered and making the plan. Gojo HAS to be coming out at this point right? How can you justify not releasing him with this time that's been passing with all these fights Sukana has been having?

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
K1cJyQ4.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
This last chapter really made the sorcerer in Megumi's sister look like a jobber compared to Sukuna. He's basically using her to test drive the Ten Shadows and she's out here begging for him to take this seriously after getting her abilities broken. It's never a good look when you reveal your technique and have it crushed in the same chapter.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Fuucccckk 10 Shadows is BROKEN :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:
This last chapter really made the sorcerer in Megumi's sister look like a jobber compared to Sukuna. He's basically using her to test drive the Ten Shadows and she's out here begging for him to take this seriously after getting her abilities broken. It's never a good look when you reveal your technique and have it crushed in the same chapter.
She seems like a jobber because it's Sukuna she fought :francis:Like with Jogo he's actually ridiculously powerful and we saw what happened when he fought the crew. He caught bodies:mjcry:His other 2 fights were against Gojo and Sukuna the worst 2 to face 1 on 1:russ::russ:If we saw Yoruzo take on one or two other people first it would be a better perspective. She DID draw Sukunas blood and noticed he took a bunch of precautions facing her. It wasn't like he was kicking back he was legitimately stretching 10 shadows legs with her.

This chapter showed Megumi is clearly being set up to come back so I imagine we'll be back to Yuji and co soon. Angel BETTER be up otherwise Gege playing games:ufdup:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fuucccckk 10 Shadows is BROKEN :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn:

She seems like a jobber because it's Sukuna she fought :francis:Like with Jogo he's actually ridiculously powerful and we saw what happened when he fought the crew. He caught bodies:mjcry:His other 2 fights were against Gojo and Sukuna the worst 2 to face 1 on 1:russ::russ:If we saw Yoruzo take on one or two other people first it would be a better perspective. She DID draw Sukunas blood and noticed he took a bunch of precautions facing her. It wasn't like he was kicking back he was legitimately stretching 10 shadows legs with her.

This chapter showed Megumi is clearly being set up to come back so I imagine we'll be back to Yuji and co soon. Angel BETTER be up otherwise Gege playing games:ufdup:
I agree entirely that it's because she's facing Sukuna and that's exactly why I said what I said. Gege chose poorly with the way this was written and she came off pathetic. Compared to ol girl that was dropping black holes on Kenjaku, who we also had never seen in action for real end debuted against one of the Top 3. She lost but was still written in a way that made her look legitimate even in defeat. The same for Maki and her upgrade against newly birthed Sukuna, he wrote it to where Sukuna looked and felt threatened even though he was clearly stronger.

There's ways to do this shyt and Gege fumbled with this terribly.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I agree entirely that it's because she's facing Sukuna and that's exactly why I said what I said. Gege chose poorly with the way this was written and she came off pathetic. Compared to ol girl that was dropping black holes on Kenjaku, who we also had never seen in action for real end debuted against one of the Top 3. She lost but was still written in a way that made her look legitimate even in defeat. The same for Maki and her upgrade against newly birthed Sukuna, he wrote it to where Sukuna looked and felt threatened even though he was clearly stronger.

There's ways to do this shyt and Gege fumbled with this terribly.
I think he just phoned it in cause Megumi sister was clearly just a plot device. He didn't give a fukk about her but it's also a larger issue with mangas in general. A lot of manga creators really suck when it comes to women characters :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think he just phoned it in cause Megumi sister was clearly just a plot device. He didn't give a fukk about her but it's also a larger issue with mangas in general. A lot of manga creators really suck when it comes to women characters :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
I'll agree that a LOT of creators are horrible handling female characters in any meaningful way outside like 2 different stereotypes.

However JJK is widely recognized by many publications for having well written female characters and the 2 examples I gave before (Maki and Yuki) were well done. He just fukked this one up, it was rushed and to make it worse, her liquid metal abilities have a lot of potential. I'm sure Gege is going to do something impressive with the Domain Expansion but this first half is weak.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I'll agree that a LOT of creators are horrible handling female characters in any meaningful way outside like 2 different stereotypes.

However JJK is widely recognized by many publications for having well written female characters and the 2 examples I gave before (Maki and Yuki) were well done. He just fukked this one up, it was rushed and to make it worse, her liquid metal abilities have a lot of potential. I'm sure Gege is going to do something impressive with the Domain Expansion but this first half is weak.
I actually liked Yoruzo and Miwa has potential we just never see her:mjlol::mjlol:Apparently she maybe a descendant of Kashimo so she's stronger than shown so far. Gege definitely loves Makis character she's gotten the most powerups so far that heavenly restriction is some cap on the low:russ::russ:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So, wanting to end the series this year (or as close as possible to this year), Gege has made his three protagonist:

Nobara: Disappear after a huge cliff hanger. We don't know if she's really dead and haven't seen her in literal years :mjcry:

Megumi: Got his body stolen by the most demonic motherfukker in existence and had to see how his hands and techniques killed the body of his beloved sister :mjcry: also got to see how a sorcerer with legit power could dominate a fight with ridiculously strong people using 10 shadows :picard:

Yuji: Just hearbreaking L after heartbreaking L after heartbreaking L . And breh doesn't even know a mad scientist/sorcerer created him in a lab (or something) to eventually become a cog in a fukked up evil plan:to:

Gege a fukking menace :sadcam:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So, wanting to end the series this year (or as close as possible to this year), Gege has made his three protagonist:

Nobara: Disappear after a huge cliff hanger. We don't know if she's really dead and haven't seen her in literal years :mjcry:

Megumi: Got his body stolen by the most demonic motherfukker in existence and had to see how his hands and techniques killed the body of his beloved sister :mjcry: also got to see how a sorcerer with legit power could dominate a fight with ridiculously strong people using 10 shadows :picard:

Yuji: Just hearbreaking L after heartbreaking L after heartbreaking L . And breh doesn't even know a mad scientist/sorcerer created him in a lab (or something) to eventually become a cog in a fukked up evil plan:to:

Gege a fukking menace :sadcam:
Looks to getting worse since Kenjaku did NOT complete the merger yet either:francis: