Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
his flaws as a writer have become more pronounced as the story has gone on. :francis:

tsumiki has been dead since inception, there was a way to play up the horror and evilness of her fate being sealed since kenjaku marked her. Instead we get told she wakes up and a short exchange in a flashback where yorozu is impersonating her. then when she shows up in the current story it's an immediate reveal to be a reincarted sorcerer who's backstory/personality is the definition of anime trope meh

he left it ambiguous as to whether nobara died and never tied it up. how do you confirm her death in a random interview?:dahell:

interpersonal relationships are executed horribly for the most part and it seems like it very rarely occurs to him to actually show relationships instead of telling how close people were post death

how do you make the last big fight of the series this much of a drag with the excessive sukuna dikk riding? this is the third last ditch effort setup that sukuna will survive so we have at least one more to go:dead:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Seems this last hiatus made Jump realize they better let Gege finally end the manga :pachaha: we probably getting 5-8 more chapters at most before it all ends.

Chapter link for those that haven't read it yet Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 263.

Them binding vows working for the gang now :blessed: this arc will be decided by that new form of asspull and convenient flashbacks :ohlawd:

Megumi's bytch ass still sleeping :pacspit:

The worst part of this is that even knowing he wasn't able to pull that arc off like he wanted, Gege still made Tsumiki's demise a huge part of the plot. We are supposed to believe that Megumi became a worse version of Shinji Ikari because of what happened to her and of course it feels hollow because we never got a real reason to make us care about Megumi and his sister at that level. So Fushiguro ends up looking like a useless emo bytch :dead:

i vividly remember people trying to defend culling games

gege: that shyt was TRASH and i FAILED with the culling games

:mjlol: :mjlol:
Gege: I failed with the Culling Games

42 Monk: YAAAASSSS I TOLD Y'ALL IT WAS TRASH

:laff:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
his flaws as a writer have become more pronounced as the story has gone on. :francis:

tsumiki has been dead since inception, there was a way to play up the horror and evilness of her fate being sealed since kenjaku marked her. Instead we get told she wakes up and a short exchange in a flashback where yorozu is impersonating her. then immediately when she shows up in the story it's an immediate reveal to be a reincarted sorcerer who's backstory/personality is the definition of anime trope meh

he left it ambiguous as to whether nobara died and never tied it up. how do you confirm her death in a random interview?:dahell:

interpersonal relationships are executed horribly for the most part and it seems like it very rarely occurs to him to actually show relationships instead of telling how close people were post death

how do you make the last big fight of the series this much of a drag with the excessive sukuna dikk riding? this is the third last ditch effort setup that sukuna will survive so we have at least one more to go:dead:
There are so many issues post Shibuya incident. I’m just waiting for it to finish to really breakdown what went wrong. Idk how ppl still excuse so much of what’s gone off the rails. Once again, I know this will all look amazing when animated, but the heart behind the story died a long time ago. Gege had two choices after Shibuya. 2 paths he could’ve gone down with the manga, and he chose the worst possible option. The fact that his plan was to make the culling games a tourney arc, shows we his early success was more luck than skill.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are so many issues post Shibuya incident. I’m just waiting for it to finish to really breakdown what went wrong. Idk how ppl still excuse so much of what’s gone off the rails. Once again, I know this will all look amazing when animated, but the heart behind the story died a long time ago. Gege had two choices after Shibuya. 2 paths he could’ve gone down with the manga, and he chose the worst possible option. The fact that his plan was to make the culling games a tourney arc, shows we his early success was more luck than skill.
This story could have been legitimately interesting AF with the breakdown of the world post Shibuya but JJK has some of the worst worldbuilding I've ever seen.

Almost all of it has been off screen taking place during Kenjaku's smug rambling.

I don't think JJK's success is luck though. At the end of the day the draw here is a cool power system and very entertaining fight choreography. It just seems like Gege had very little in the way of a story mapped out when making this. shyt just happens

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
This story could have been legitimately interesting AF with the breakdown of the world post Shibuya but JJK has some of the worst worldbuilding I've ever seen.

Almost all of it has been off screen taking place during Kenjaku's smug rambling.

I don't think JJK's success is luck though. At the end of the day the draw here is a cool power system and very entertaining fight choreography. It just seems like Gege had very little in the way of a story mapped out when making this. shyt just happens
JJK was RIPE for some serious world building and even a past arc for the Heian era. Gege just isn't interested in that:francis:If Togashi or Muira(RIP:mjcry:) or even Oda has this they'd show a whole new potential to this series:wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

I always considered that for JJK the themes he presents throughout are its strongest point. As well as each of the character's motivations and what drives them forward.

The power system has also been bare bones and over complex somehow. It has always been this way, so Gege can manipulate it to how we want the story to go. It is interesting in theory, but nowadays, I care more about execution, which is what JJK lacks.

I always felt JJK choreography was very much made for anime. It gives you enough to get enough to grasp it and imagine it, but I wouldn't consider it to be a selling point of the manga. If a series' selling point is its fighting choreography, I am thinking of Sakamoto Days for a newer comparison.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

A lot of whats good is stolen straight from HXH and Bleach. He took nen and restriction and covenant straight from HxH. tried to do a generic tourney and fukked it up.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Jujutsu Kaisen Creator Details the Origins of Black Flash​

Jujutsu Kaisen creator Gege Akutami opened up about how Black Flash was created!

By NICK VALDEZ - July 14, 2024 10:40 pm

jujutsu-kaisen-season-2-todo-black-flash-watch.jpg
(Photo:
Todo using Black Flash in Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2

- TOHO Animation)

Jujutsu Kaisen: What Is Black Flash?​

"Katayama, my editor at the time told me he wanted a special move [for Yuji Itadori] but I really didn't feel like anything fit," Akutami began (as translated by @soukatsu_ on X). "o I think Divergent Fist and then Black Flash were born as moves that not many others do. The image I had in my mind was the Flash from the game Onimusha. It's a counterattack move you often see in Real Time Attacks. I also liked the fact that it's not a unique skill and that it can be used to increase voltage after just one use."

In terms of the way it's used in the series and the fact that it's all based on luck, that's something Akutami notes helps to build tension due to the fact that both heroes and foes can use it by chance, "It's got a probability element to it, but can be used multiple times successively, which can lead to a turning of the tide in a fight, and by adding in how enemies can also use Black Flash, it generates higher tension."

Been busy so I never really went thru these recent Gege interviews but this dude is full of shyt :skip: his main issue is he isn't willing to stand on ANYTHING he introduced and will switch it up on a whim to get himself out of a corner

shyt was supposed to be Yuji's technique that was super rare and completely improbable most times

We've seen that shyt over 20 times now :skip:

Damn near every Sukuna hit is a black flash :skip:always right when he's run out of cursed energy and is about to lose

There's ZERO tension when we see it :skip:

See this is how I judge artists, I need to know what you intended to do first before I can judge the execution, now that these interviews are coming out I can kick his back in :ufdup:

just based on this he failed with black flash and just spams it now.

And the culling games was nowhere NEAR being a tournament arc :what: how do you even fail at setting a tournament up? A group of nikkas and another group of nikkas run into each other and they run the fade, it's literally that simple.

The fact that his intentions are nowhere near what we actually saw is confusing as hell :mindblown: he didn't even attempt to make a tournament out of that arc.

That's like saying "I wanted to make a rock n roll album" and ALL of the credit's are r&b producers/singers/songwriters :gucci: