Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I also think it's very interesting how the brehs that are coming off binge reading Culling Games have more of an issue with the current arc.

Seems to me that for weekly readers the feeling is the exact opposite. Specially when talking about plot. The main plot went to shyt as soon as Yuji and Megumi entered to the CG and it wasn't until Gojo's unsealing that shyt started to move forward again.
But the plot moving forward doesn't imply its good tho. It currently has the opposite problem as culling games. For CG the pacing was too slow without doing enough to justify it. While here the pacing is too fast and Gege is grasping at straws at this point. At this point its a fukkery read to see oh what happens next. :mjlol:

Culling games failed to setup the next Shibuya arc basically. People got hyped for Gojo vs Sukuna, but again it brings up the point why did you have it then. This was a golden opportunity to have a fight to be the last or 2nd last major fight of the manga Again clear as day Gege's direction for this manga has been a mess post shibuya and somehow got worse after Culling Games. If we are honest people are more hyped now cause shyt is happening compared to Culling games when it wasn't.

The fall of this series post Shibuya makes me sad :mjcry:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
SPOILER_40DB01E7-BE23-43FC-8245-94B244D20D7D.png

Why thank you Gege this giant feed of exposition that explains the last page of the last chapter :mjlol:

SPOILER_5B660834-DDDA-438C-98BC-C6993EE67180.png

SPOILER_AB229CD5-7885-4412-BBAD-1ED7F33B8AAA.png

I swear Sukuna at this point is just looking for entertaining fights. :mjlol: That disrespect to Yuji :picard:. To be fair Yuji fighting style up until Sukuna switched to Megumi's body was very vanilla.

SPOILER_E844E6EC-CEE4-4352-B4B5-AC0114D294EC.png

SPOILER_56B506AB-B5F0-41BB-B328-10D5A5646B35.png

I do like this callback to Nanami. I imagine Higuruma and Yuji bonded a solid amount, but unfortunately has no where near the impact as Nanami's death simply because we don't have investment with him. Tho why did Gege draw Yuji's head like that on the last page tho :skip:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York

Why thank you Gege this giant feed of exposition that explains the last page of the last chapter :mjlol:

I swear Sukuna at this point is just looking for entertaining fights. :mjlol: That disrespect to Yuji :picard:. To be fair Yuji fighting style up until Sukuna switched to Megumi's body was very vanilla.

I do like this callback to Nanami. I imagine Higuruma and Yuji bonded a solid amount, but unfortunately has no where near the impact as Nanami's death simply because we don't have investment with him. Tho why did Gege draw Yuji's head like that on the last page tho :skip:
I think to show how fast he was moving but don't quote me :hubie::lolbron:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Gege made a mistake making Sukunas face look wild like that you only see Sukuna from one side :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
But the plot moving forward doesn't imply its good tho. It currently has the opposite problem as culling games. For CG the pacing was too slow without doing enough to justify it. While here the pacing is too fast and Gege is grasping at straws at this point. At this point its a fukkery read to see oh what happens next. :mjlol:

Culling games failed to setup the next Shibuya arc basically. People got hyped for Gojo vs Sukuna, but again it brings up the point why did you have it then. This was a golden opportunity to have a fight to be the last or 2nd last major fight of the manga Again clear as day Gege's direction for this manga has been a mess post shibuya and somehow got worse after Culling Games. If we are honest people are more hyped now cause shyt is happening compared to Culling games when it wasn't.

The fall of this series post Shibuya makes me sad :mjcry:
I normally disagree with you when it comes to anime and now it's gonna be with manga. I think Shinjuku Showdown is a fun arc, I'm having a blast reading weekly, even with the bad writing that shows up every 2-3 chapters.

I think I'm just not that attached to this series. I'm not offended, deflated or disappointed by the hit in quality after Shibuya. Even when I recon what an amazing arc that was, I never saw JJK as some classic series (or one that was heading towards that). So as long as I'm being entertained, I don't think Gege's fukkery can piss me off or bum me out like it seems to happen with a lot of fans.

To me, this is not a SnK situation were I felt I was reading a masterpiece and was sure it was gonna end up in a satisfying manner, so the fall off didn't sit right with me at all. First, JJK never reached the highs of SnK in terms of writting and second, Gege's fukkery is not as bad as Isayama's fall off. So at the end of the day I'm enjoying the best shounen I've read in a long ass time, flaws and all :yeshrug:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I normally disagree with you when it comes to anime and now it's gonna be with manga. I think Shinjuku Showdown is a fun arc, I'm having a blast reading weekly, even with the bad writing that shows up every 2-3 chapters.

I think I'm just not that attached to this series. I'm not offended, deflated or disappointed by the hit in quality after Shibuya. Even when I recon what an amazing arc that was, I never saw JJK as some classic series (or one that was heading towards that). So as long as I'm being entertained, I don't think Gege's fukkery can piss me off or bum me out like it seems to happen with a lot of fans.

To me, this is not a SnK situation were I felt I was reading a masterpiece and was sure it was gonna end up in a satisfying manner, so the fall off didn't sit right with me at all. First, JJK never reached the highs of SnK in terms of writting and second, Gege's fukkery is not as bad as Isayama's fall off. So at the end of the day I'm enjoying the best shounen I've read in a long ass time, flaws and all :yeshrug:
Your opinion is more then fair.

I never thought it was on its way to being a classic. I do think that in the relam of battle Shounens, JJK was standing out compared to its peers. And I am not exactly bitter but its more so thinking this is some lost potential. I still poke fun at this series as it reaches its conclusion as this arc is fair to read as you mentioned, but I lost a lot of the emotional investment that I had previously.

I do think that people who are constantly complaining about the series how much that its ass now and read it as an obligation should absolutely drop it since they clearly are just wasting their time reading something that gives them 0 enjoyment. Which is absurdly stupid.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm numb at this point if Gege wants to surprise me then keep people alive :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
I think that's the surprise. Thing is though, the one that he will keep alive is Kenny. I already picture the mumbo jumbo explanation he gonna give us :wow: :wow:

We either getting your scenario of a stitched head Yuta or a whole region of Japan with stitches :mjlol:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I think that's the surprise. Thing is though, the one that he will keep alive is Kenny. I already picture the mumbo jumbo explanation he gonna give us :wow: :wow:

We either getting your scenario of a stitched head Yuta or a whole region of Japan with stitches :mjlol:
That's what has thrown me off with Kenjaku, would it even matter if you cut his head off since he's really a brain and you need to kill the brain

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

That's what has thrown me off with Kenjaku, would it even matter if you cut his head off since he's really a brain and you need to kill the brain
Oh Yuta is cooked:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:Kenny merger plan finally goes into effect and posesses Yuji as the ultimate vessel then Kenny takes his body instead :dead::dead::dead: