Jujutsu Kaisen MANGA SPOILERS Thread

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
Yes it got sped up as the Culling Games took forever (two years) and it really went nowhere. In 2022 Gege said he wanted to finish the series in 2023 and he clearly couldn't, given how long the CG arc was and how little it served the plot. So middle of this year he basically scraps the arc in 2-3 chapters and goes to the current one.

So far he's used the time between Gojo's unsealing and the "Shinjuku Showdown" (the name of the current arc) to give flashbacks and accommodate whatever explanation or plot advancement is needed. Though is pretty hard to not picture a scenario were Sukuna gets defeated without an asspull or some out of nowhere shyt.

Did you binge read the Culling Games? interested in how you perceived that arc, as all of us that were doing it weekly thought it was at best a mediocre one (and easily the worst of the whole series) and at worst a complete waste of time :heh:
Honestly binging it, it seemed fine, definitely lagged at some points and over convoluted at times, but I could imagine it being great once animated especially. Maki rampage, Yuta 2v1, Megumi vs Reggie, Hikari vs Kamo, Kenjaku vs Yuki should be enough hype once animated to keep some of the little luls. Most of my issues begin/end with the pacing once Sukuna takes over Megumi’s body. And to your point now it makes sense why it seems to go to shyt then.

And I get as an MC Yuji is not the strongest character and that’s fine, but his one and only fight essentially after Shibuya is a gimmick :gucci:. We can’t write him a bit better than that? How you end Shibuya with him fighting Mahito to essentially him not throwing serious hands again until the final fight with Sukuna :gucci:

Shibuya>>>>> CG

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
And I get as an MC Yuji is not the strongest character and that’s fine, but his one and only fight essentially after Shibuya is a gimmick :gucci:. We can’t write him a bit better than that? How you end Shibuya with him fighting Mahito to essentially him not throwing serious hands again until the final fight with Sukuna :gucci:

Shibuya>>>>> CG
I mean, Shibuya is one of the best shonen arcs in the last 10-15 years. The problem is that Culling Games is not good (or downright atrocious depending who read it) and it took waaay too fukking long so you go from an all time high to some meandering shyt so it feels even worse than what it already was.

Regarding Yuji. I actually wasn't upset about his treatment post Shibuya, specially because after binge reading Shibuya I wasn't very invested in Yuji anyways. But the anime did a MUCH better job at treating him as the MC so I wonder if they'll be able to put him in front more when they adapt CG. It would take a couple of anime orginal scenes though.

And yeah, after like 150 chapters, Yuji's development as a character and as a sorcerer has been basically zero. Even him finally embracing Choso and doing "whatever it takes" to bring back Meguimi and beat Sukuna isn't that different from what he was after Shibuya.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I mean, Shibuya is one of the best shonen arcs in the last 10-15 years. The problem is that Culling Games is not good (or downright atrocious depending who read it) and it took waaay too fukking long so you go from an all time high to some meandering shyt so it feels even worse than what it already was.

Regarding Yuji. I actually wasn't upset about his treatment post Shibuya, specially because after binge reading Shibuya I wasn't very invested in Yuji anyways. But the anime did a MUCH better job at treating him as the MC so I wonder if they'll be able to put him in front more when they adapt CG. It would take a couple of anime orginal scenes though.

And yeah, after like 150 chapters, Yuji's development as a character and as a sorcerer has been basically zero. Even him finally embracing Choso and doing "whatever it takes" to bring back Meguimi and beat Sukuna isn't that different from what he was after Shibuya.
Part of this is the constant breaks that have been happening but, as more allies get bodied it's legitimately just Yuji left standing more and more :wow:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Last thing but I just remembered, wtf happened to black flash??
Did..you miss The gawd Gojo hitting the GOAT flash?:whew:

images

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Nah I saw it but I think that’s the first black flash in 100 chapters
I think you forgot Black Flash is a rare occurrence :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: You have to have a huge understanding of curse energy to pull it off hence why we've only seen Nanami, Yuji, Gojo, Todo, and Mahito pull it off.

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
All the anime-only watchers are in for such a rude awakening once they catch up :wow:

I thought the Culling Games were ok right up until the point where Sukuna steals Megumi’s body. It’s at that point the plot went to shyt IMO

For the record, I binged the CG arc so that may be why I thought it was fine

EDIT: Actually I’ll throw in something else; there were signs that Gege didn’t know WTF he was doing with the introduction of Naoya, the way Maki bodied the Zenin clan, and the Kamo clan introduction alongside the fight with Maki and cursed Naoya. The way all this stuff was handled could have been their own arcs/mini-arcs but it all just ended seeming like throwaway content

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Last thing but I just remembered, wtf happened to black flash??
Nah I saw it but I think that’s the first black flash in 100 chapters
Except for Yuki & Choso vs Kenny, not sure what fight would've warranted a Black Flash. Gege seemed to be way more interested in coming up with exotic/weird/overly complicated curse techniques over drawing hand to hand combat that ended in a Black Flash.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I also think it's very interesting how the brehs that are coming off binge reading Culling Games have more of an issue with the current arc.

Seems to me that for weekly readers the feeling is the exact opposite. Specially when talking about plot. The main plot went to shyt as soon as Yuji and Megumi entered to the CG and it wasn't until Gojo's unsealing that shyt started to move forward again.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Except for Yuki & Choso vs Kenny, not sure what fight would've warranted a Black Flash. Gege seemed to be way more interested in coming up with exotic/weird/overly complicated curse techniques over drawing hand to hand combat that ended in a Black Flash.
It wouldn't have made sense for it to be so rare and then we continue to see it used throughout multiple arcs :yeshrug: the wait made sense, that was never a core aspect of the story anyway

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just realized the next chapter ain't coming out until two more weeks due to the typical WSJ new year breaks.

I wonder how quickly Gege goes :umad: and negates the cliffhanger of Yuji and the sword :russ: