Juice WRLD Dead @ 21 After Suffering Seizure (RIP)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Those articles do not even address the fact that changes in the brain occur when addiction takes place. For example, abuse of the reward system, hijacking the pleasure principle, etc.

You’re just saying shyt. Articles and scientists have produced real evidence and real proof that addiction changes the brain.

Here, look at all these sources

Addiction - Wikipedia

Just because a small minority of scientists think differently, that doesn’t mean their opinions are right. You can find a small number of people that will say anything. After all 97% of climate scientists believe in man-made climate change. But, 3% don’t. Going by your logic, we should only listen to that 3%. :ohhh:
Science isnt a popularity contest, its about a process to ascertain knowledge.

The addiction model and genetic models dont hold up to inspection, and need to be discarded, they dont help those going through, they simply enable poor behavior btly giving the excuse of the addict having no agency, when in fact they do.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
every generation has done drugs

I suggest everyone read "From chocolate to Morphine by Dr. Andrew Weil"

It states the facts on all drugs. Plus I have an emergency room ref guide on overdose. Bottom line:
- weed is the least toxic
- alcohol is the most toxic - overall - yes more than heroin and coke. You can stop all drugs and your body will heal. Once alcohol does it's dammage tho - it's over!
- that said the lifestyle of heroin and crack users fukks them up
- codeine in theraputic doses is okay
- cigarettes are horrible

Pharmacologically speaking I have a question - when people do lean - how much codeine do they put in a cup? In mg?

What's the actual dose these rappers or recreational users fukk with?

BTW in Jan I'll be 5 years free from alcohol. I have had like 3 drinks in that time but never got drunk and regretted those but still feel proud for 5 years. I had to have those few. Otherwise the all or nothing would bring me back to beer and vodka. fukk that!

Fly

Superstar
Daps
You're not wrong but fam, people dying in their early 20's due to drugs is something new to the music world

just look at heavy metal bands - heroin, coke, acid, permanent brain and nerve damage...still alive though :francis:
What new artist in their early 20s died from drugs aside from this dude and lil peep?

and plenty of heavy metal/rock artists have OD at a young age. Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, Sid vicious, etc.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I don't know what ppl are going on about addiction here. You can be an addict and sober. I'm an addict. I know the risks so I choose not to drink or smoke anything. I channel my addiction to working, exercising, reading and creating.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't know what ppl are going on about addiction here. You can be an addict and sober. I'm an addict. I know the risks so I choose not to drink or smoke anything. I channel my addiction to working, exercising, reading and creating.
I’ll stop derailing this thread, but just because you or I can be an addict that is in recovery, that doesn’t mean every addict can be in recovery. Matter of fact only about 20% of people in rehab stay sober for 5 years

Drug Rehab Success Rates

So, for the majority of addicts, they stay addicts, even after treatment

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
You sound stupid. Everyone knows the risk but not everybody can control their habits when there body physically craves a drug. I don’t know what he was fukking with but there are a lot of drugs that it’s hard to say no to especially for someone with fame.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You sound stupid. Everyone knows the risk but not everybody can control their habits when there body physically craves a drug. I don’t know what he was fukking with but there are a lot of drugs that it’s hard to say no to especially for someone with fame.
This true. When I was addicted those withdrawal symptoms were something else. I started getting shortness of breathe, general aggravation and depression at time, amongst other shyt. I’d be walking back and forth with those cravings.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
RIP

A lot of people on this forum make jobs and light of the opioid shyt that's hitting white communities but if you know anything about our societal structure, shyt like that hits under privileged communities first. There are a lot of black people struggling with opioid addiction right now and it't not really discussed because the "face" of the problem is a white guy/girl in rural America. Yet it's ravaging many black communities down south, it's killing black people in inner cities, etc.

Rappers are making that shyt look cool but at the end of the day, people don't need rappers to tell them to do drugs. Look at the communities. You got people with no hope, no prospects, nothing. Those are exactly the type of people who fall into drugs, often, to take the pain of reality away. Got nothing to do with rap shyt.

He looked BAD in some recent-ish vids. Same thing is happening to French Montana right now. Yet this shyt is set up so that nobody talks about any of this. Everything is just a facade where you put on your designer clothes, put on your chains, and you good. These dudes are not good, they're addicted. More people are gonna die.

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Entertainment only influences the weak minded.

It's not just entertainment..the success and lifestyle of an individual carriers more weight..especially for these young black men who don't have strong successful men in their lives..