Juelz Santana On Serving Time, The Diplomats, His Career, New Music & More Drink Champs

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was a huge deal in NY. It was on the news and the newspaper. There was a bunch of think pieces on it.

They had to change multiple records because of it.
Man y’all got good ass memory lmao, I don’t remember none of that. I just remember them changing songs n shyt.
It was major in the tri-state. Clear shock lyrics. And the controversy amounted to free press. But 9/11 was still fresh enough (not sure the “war on terror” had even started yet) that folks were not happy. It’s why Juelz switched up some lines on “I love you” and a couple other songs got edits.

Ironically, Juelz also had to do some early Juelz’n to explain why he was saying that dumb shyt.
I remember lyrics being changed n shyt, I guess I just don’t remmebr the outrage lol.
Yeah they played up the Dipset/Taliban angle. Flagrant mixtape cover looking back smh
:dead:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This could be classic or trash. It all depends on how political Juelz wants to be in this interview. I want him to speak on the Cam friction.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This could be classic or trash. It all depends on how political Juelz wants to be in this interview. I want him to speak on the Cam friction.

You really think anybody would reveal anything about Cam when he said he got hours of phone calls recorded and stashed somewhere? :russ:

You ain't never gonna hear no dirt on Cam.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
You really think anybody would reveal anything about Cam when he said he got hours of phone calls recorded and stashed somewhere? :russ:

You ain't never gonna hear no dirt on Cam.

Thats what I'm saying lol. Cam got no issue sitting on IG Live for 3 hours and telling the truth on you if you speak badly on him.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I mean if we hadn’t seen Juelz in a minute and didn’t see all the lean and missing teeth years… we’d say he looks regular. He’s a 40 year old father of 3 or 4 not sure what cats expect
It's the voice thats the worst. He sounds like an ex addict

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what was the fascination with them at that point in time and imagine if that dropped now, dipset would be hiding out in cambodia from being cancelled
The Dips wouldn't have gotten "canceled" for this shyt, especially not a dude like Cam. You can only get canceled when you AREN'T arrogant lol, and when you acquiesce to the crowd. They would have either been ignored or some people would have just complained and nothing coming from it, as long as they themselves either ignored it or kept pushing that same ignorant shyt they always did. Hell, they would have relished in it, seeing as the only reason to write that bar is for shock value lol.

There's a reason guys like 50, Chappelle, Floyd, etc., never ACTUALLY get canceled when they say the wildest shyt, and it's not their money. Because they don't back down and at some point it just becomes a part of their brand.