Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Tair

Superstar
Daps
The TYT coverage was :mjpls: I believe all the posters who said Anna Kasparan let out her inner MAGA. She intentionally misrepresented what he was convicted for :scust:

I didn't see it but I am not surprised. Ana tries to "look at all the facts" that fit her worldview. She is very :mjpls: even going as far to buy into the bullshyt slander of the Black Harvard president plagiarizing when the president was cleared by the school itself. Cenk shut her down because he knew it was complete nonsense.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
That was a small aspect of Top Five, movie dealt with a lot more shyt than that.

The movie didn’t bomb. It made 26M on a 12M budget.

He produced and starred in the Saw spinoff that came out two years ago.

There wasn’t a push to make him a rom com star. He wrote and directed the movie.

Facts!!!

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
The TYT coverage was :mjpls: I believe all the posters who said Anna Kasparan let out her inner MAGA. She intentionally misrepresented what he was convicted for :scust:
they getting cooked in the comments. Ana has a weird ass bone to pick with Black people now. Shes like the Haagar guy now, extra weirdo emphasis on Black stuff

Tair

Superstar
Daps

I just watched it. They got several facts wrong and then Ana concluded it wasn't about race in a very dismissive way.

Just trash and lazy "journalism".

:hhh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Him getting convicted of assault for prying his own phone out of her hands is causing alot of people cognitice dissonance. The dissonance comes from the mismatch between what the law says and what common sense says ought to be allowable.

Alot of dudes believe you can respond to physical aggression with women with equal force, but we're seeing that you can't (and still expect to not ever be charged for it).

What this means is that there's a (large) amount of room women have to be physically aggressive with men before the man can definitely "fight back", and according to this court, this White Woman Named Jabbari was still within that limit.

The lesson for Black men is the instant you sniff thinsg getting physical or violent with a woman, regardless of if she initiates it or not, get out of there. Let her have the phone, let her have the space, whatever. Just get away. And also don't be texting anything incriminating later. Treat it like the Mafia - nothing on phone, nothing where she can record you, none of that.
By law. Regardless of man or woman. What she did was actual attempted robbery and assault. By law. Him trying to retrieve his device back. Was perfectly legal. He didn’t punch her. Kick her. Hit her at all. He can use justifiable force(not OD) to retrieve his property if any adult is trying to pry it from his hands.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's even simpler than this. The lesson is the split second she becomes violent, get away from her immediatley. Don't try to take back your phone, or put her in a cab, nothing. Let her have it.
nikka. Ur insane. Someone tries to take ur property. As a celebrity. Let them have it? lol. That’s crazy af.

Scipio

Pro
Daps
By law. Regardless of man or woman. What she did was actual attempted robbery and assault. By law. Him trying to retrieve his device back. Was perfectly legal. He didn’t punch her. Kick her. Hit her at all. He can use justifiable force(not OD) to retrieve his property if any adult is trying to pry it from his hands.
Yet here he is, convicted of a misdemeanor. What matters is what the ultimate outcome will be, not what it should be.

Scipio

Pro
Daps
nikka. Ur insane. Someone tries to take ur property. As a celebrity. Let them have it? lol. That’s crazy af.
Especially if you're a celebrity. You can afford another one. Was all this worth the bag?

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Good to great defense teams cost MONEY

Jonathan Majors wasn’t rolling in bank. He made $500k for his role in Antman, the tv checks were considerably less. It more than likely costs about 500k to get in the door of a “GREAT” defense attorney’s office.
:wow:My uncle told me years ago “you know someone really has that money when they have an exceptional defence team”

Any black artist out there, should befriend or network with these lawyers before buying cars

Then again, I don’t think JM took this case serious. Probably thought no way they are wasting money on this

Scipio

Pro
Daps
I get it. shyt is crazy. Hindsight is 20/20.
I tend to believe a more experienced/older celebrity would have handled this differently. But he's still relatively young and just became a household name like 2 or 3 years ago (he was still basically an unknown when the Spike Lee movie in Vietnam came out at the beginning of the pandemic). Someobody like Jamie Foxx or Will Smith Jay-Z would have handled it differently. Unfortunately he had to learn his lesson by losing a ton of money in the process.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m still wondering how extreme that situation was to make a grown sober man run for his life like that

Verdict makes zero sense other than race

Had homie like
giphy.gif

And still got charged?

Then them TYT idiots trying to say “don’t hit your girlfriend then”… like it wasn’t a misdemeanor that she started. Then all the shyt she did after? Crazy