Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
We’re acting under the assumption he had the bread to pay those top quality Lawyers. Nobody’s taking these cases for free

Thats a 100k at most, maybe 150k. 250k at most. He probably paid that woman at least 100. That's easy enough to come up with. He's got a million or 3, whatever. You can even get a loan for something like that at his level.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Wow

You wanna know what I hate?

The fact that everything that showed he was innocent, was basically contorted into proving he was an abuser.

She texts him sorry for instigating? "Well victims say that a lot."

She says on the stand that he never hit her before the March incident? "Well victims sometimes protect their abusers".

He's putting her in the car to get away from her? "He violently threw into the car".

He literally RUNS AWAY FROM HER? "Victims sometimes chase after their abusers as a form of reactive abuse".

Driver witness says he didn't see him hit her, and that she was more aggressive? "The driver didn't know/may have been paid off".

People at the club literally say she seemed fine, didn't see any bruises? Crickets.

It's like no matter what, he was already the abuser to some people.

And the worst part is that if things were flipped around, NONE of them would paint him as possibly being a victim.
crazy aint it.
i'll add on

-she testifies that he never beat her before March, but people believe those texts from before March are about DV.
-medical experts testified that these injuries don't match up with DV, people completely disregard
-he gets secretly recorded telling this 30 year old alcoholic broad to clean her shyt up, and it gets twisted into "control and manipulation".

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Disney is just one company....when 5-10 Studios start distancing themselves from him,then he will be cooked
Lol stupidity. He done. Maybe he’ll get some independent work in the future but his time with major studios is done.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
This is par for the course. For example Nate Parker.

Spike Lee is the only one who tried to help him out by producing and helping finance American Skin. Other than that he was left out to dry.

It is but damn…I just really dislike it for him because he was rising up to be a mega-star but this situation has derailed things considerably. If I were him, I would keep receipts of all the people whom left me out to dry and use that as fuel for my comeback.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
From what the Jury focused on it honestly seems like those text messages and even the “I’m a great man” audio played a very minimal part in their decision. It was the fact he pushed her back into the car that fukked him up. If he would have immediately taken off and RAN without touching her at all this is clean sweep exoneration.

But he’s black and dared take defensive measures against a white woman. They HAD to stick him with something. The message is clear and present, white women are NOT to be touched for ANY reason.
If he didn't try to put her in the car to get away from her then they would've used the texts and audio to convict him. Black men are never going to win cases against white women, and that's because white amerikkka is never going to get over OJ going free.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:jbhmm:In my opinion, his career is not over

Do some 50 cent projects (a season of Kanan :mjlol:), couple zombie flicks, a higher budget nonsense action film and slowly as times goes on, take a film with exceptional writing, get nominated for the awards and bam, you back in action !

He’ll never be nominated for any awards. No matter HOW great he does in any role. His ceiling for the future is respected character actor in mid-budget films and some streaming shows. He’ll probably have to wait 1-2 years to book any projects because no director will want to be accused of stunt casting and no creative team will want to answer questions about his conviction and have that narrative take over that of the film.

He MIGHT be able to go overseas and do some stuff with the BBC. Working internationally and keeping his nose clean of any and all drama could help him in the long run