Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
This is why you dont always just "fight it" even when you are innocent contrary to coli popular opinion. Since it was only a misdemeanor Majors should have took a plea deal, Pay her some money to sign an NDA, take some anger management classes and do a brief apology tour and sit on Oprahs couch. Breh would have been back by now to normal.

What hurt him the most in public opinion was the text messages that had nothing to do with the current incident he was being charged for. Those would have never come out had he took a plea. You dont always fight it when the person has initimate dirt on you or things that can make you look bad in the public. This is why what diddy did was smart cause as bad as it has been for him so far it would be 10x worse if cassie was talking and all his text and convos got out there for the public to judge and take out of context.

A black man will never get a fair trial in america. Especially a dark skinned black man being accused by a white woman or white passing woman (aka cassie). Coli brehs better smarten up.

Public debate and scholarly research has largely concentrated on the vast array of disparities between blacks and whites in their treatment by and experiences with the criminal justice system. Nevertheless, a growing body of research shows that African Americans’ life chances are internally stratified by gradational differences in their skin tone. This study brings together research on race, color, and the criminal justice system by using nationally-representative data to examine whether (and to what extent) skin tone is associated with policing and punishment among African Americans. I find that skin tone is significantly associated with the probability of having been arrested and/or incarcerated, net of relevant controls. Further analyses, using a sub-sample of whites drawn from the same nationally-representative survey, show that disparities in policing and punishment within the black population along the colour continuum are often comparable to or even exceed disparities between blacks and whites as a whole.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Breh is going to be contemplating suicide for real after this. :francis: Somewhere a variant that dated only black women is :umad: at him.
I wouldn't first time offense I mean even if they tried to Tori Lanez him the chances of him going to jail are slim.

If he goes to rikers I will go full Black Manosphere at that point.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Marvel has faced more pressure with their LBGTQ stuff. They'd be just fine if they'd stay the course.
There's pictures on the net of her lascerated ear...Marvel does not want that smoke.

Even without intention, a white woman was hurt due to something he did or didn't do. That's @Matt504's whole point. Breh fought a losing game from jump and, well, lost.

LGBTQ pressure over freudian slips is light work compared to this. Marvel would have work to do even if he got acquited. With this? Marvel made the call quite uncerimoniously breh.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
The shaderoom akademics, and all those black bloggers post all the negativity about Black celebs and those pages are ran by Black people.

Are we even have Joe Budden and Shannon Sharp talking about random black celebrity gossip.

And then I see black Twitter discussing all of it

But please elaborate on your point
:yeshrug:I agree I remember when Forest Whitaker went on the breakfast club. And Charlamagne bombarded him with disrespectful questions and jokes about his eye. Some of these black platforms always center around negativity.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The footage showed him running away
How was he convicted of assaulting this woman

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So… they found him guilty of the lesser charges which weren’t as serious as intentional assault and harassment. And from what I’m reading these are less than a misdemeanour? Which he could easily do community service for?

This stinks.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Disney would not have dropped him if he got ahead of it and controlled the narrative. The charges were weak and just misdemeanors. The unrelated text messages are what hurt him the most. Those would never have come out had he took a plea. Nether would all the details of the case that the media has been feeding on. Loki was already filmed at the time and coming out no matter what. They wouldnt drop him before that aired. And by the time it finished airing this would have all blown over and been out the news cycle had he took a plea.

Disney was dropping him man. Disney only cares about the $$$. Black man found guilty of assaulting a white woman is an automatic firing.

Luckily, there are other studios other than Disney. Disney paying the big bucks though.