Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend | UPDATE: Majors has been found Guilty, Fired from Marvel - Magazine Dreams drops Q1 2025

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Set up doesn’t have to mean some intricate, elaborate, Illuminati plot. It could just mean a jealous girlfriend mad that her man is cheating on her makes up a story to get back at said man. Screaming abuse is the quickest way to get a black male in trouble, ESPECIALLY if its a white woman doing the accusing

Shall I link you to the stories regarding Christian Cooper, Terrell Owens, Dayson Barnes, Gregory McAdory, Isaac Perkins, Reggie Fields, Brennan Walker, Jonathan Ferrell, Rashon Nelson, Donte Robinson, that highlight my point?

So she bruised herself and convinced the cops of it? In a taxi, with a third party witness (driver)? I'm just saying, the set up argument makes no sense. I'm willing to wait for more information but based on what we've read...
:francis:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Side note: Now is the PERFECT time for Marvel to get the X-Men going. They being cheap not using that IP. That's their wild card.
Do they own it? They breifly borrowed some characters a few years ago, but i think xmen are the domain if Sony Pictures

Disney’s marvel universe is unrelated

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This applies to the person who made the tweet also :leon:

Yes but it was more so for the people saying they don’t think he’d do this when they don’t even know him.

And no I’m not saying he did any of it but two random people talking about past incidents is very interesting. I just have a feeling this arrest has opened Pandora’s box

:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Do they own it? They breifly borrowed some characters a few years ago, but i think xmen are the domain if Sony Pictures

Disney’s marvel universe is unrelated

Nah, Marvel/Disney OWN all of the X-Men properties now. The reason they haven't used the IP yet is because they don't want to pay out all those old ass actors who were under contract. They being cheap.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'd love for folks to explain what "it's a set up" means. She bruised herself and went to the police?
For years people thought Tyreek Hill beat his ex. And later on people thought he abused his kids . Only for all that shyt to end up being false. It's best to just wait and see. People in the local media in KC got fired behind the lies they pushed. The national media completely dropped the shyt and never apologized and acted like they wasn't talking shyt about him too. So yes, a black man on the up and up can be "set up".

Also, are people forgetting Josh Brolin got arrested in for domestic abuse too. Then ended up playing Thanos.
Josh Brolin finally spoke out in a new interview about being arrested in 2004 for domestic abuse after an alleged altercation with his then-wife, Diane Lane.

“God, I’ve never been so careful with my words. Ever. Maybe in all 50 years,” the Deadpool 2 actor, 50, told The New York Times in a profile published on Wednesday, June 20. “And there’s no reason for me to be other than there’s no explaining it. Do you know what I mean? The only person who can explain that would be Diane, and she’s chosen not to, so I’m O.K. with that.”

Brolin and the Unfaithful actress, 53, were married from 2004 to 2013. Four months into their marriage, she called the police and claimed that he had hit her in their Los Angeles home. He was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery. She declined to press charges, and the case was ultimately dropped. A rep for the couple called the incident a “misunderstanding” in a statement released at the time, adding, “They are home together and are embarrassed the matter went this far.”

“I was more reactive, I was more, ‘People need to know the truth.’ Whatever I say is going to sound like compensation for a perpetrator,” the Oscar winner told the Times. “I’ve gotten to a place where all that matters is that I have control over my behavior, and at that time, it was a little more chaotic.”