Jon Moxley is entering rehab

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The business would be dead with this mentality. Every fan would bytch about wrestlers priorities being wrong and ruining the product. 99% of the audience would give two fukks about workers being "smart" and would not watch them working that way.

Wrestlers have always been marks, if by marks you mean caring too much about things not related to money. Shi,t 30 years ago motherfukkers were dying and OD'ing left and right and AlLL they cared about was money.

The "Wrestlers shouldn't care this much" take is so disingenuous. Same as Sports fans saying players should just get the bag as a mediocre player, con a team and count their money.

Then explain this move being arguably the most popular in wrestling history?

the-rock-wwe.gif

Seems like Rock wrestled smarter knowing his character work made even the most basic move in wrestling history super popular than him trying to pop Dave Meltzer by falling on his head a million times or taking bumps on thumbtacks in front of 200 neckbeards

Wrestling would be in a much better place right now if wrestlers focused more on coming up with larger than life gimmicks/characters and dope catch phrases than salivating over having stiff 30 minute matches that don't bring in new viewers whatsoever.

I can respect Jon Moxley turning down a little more money from WWE if he feels like AEW can help him become a bigger mainstream crossover star and have a more marketable character. But seemingly he turned down a bigger bag just so he can go have forearm exchanges with Japanese dudes no casual fans know and wrestle for garbage indy feds at soup kitchens.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Then explain this move being arguably the most popular in wrestling history?

the-rock-wwe.gif

Seems like Rock wrestled smarter knowing his character work made even the most basic move in wrestling history super popular than him trying to pop Dave Meltzer by falling on his head a million times or taking bumps on thumbtacks in front of 200 neckbeards

Wrestling would be in a much better place right now if wrestlers focused more on coming up with larger than life gimmicks/characters and dope catch phrases than salivating over having stiff 30 minute matches that don't bring in new viewers whatsoever.

I can respect Jon Moxley turning down a little more money from WWE if he feels like AEW can help him become a bigger mainstream crossover star and have a more marketable character. But seemingly he turned down a bigger bag just so he can go have forearm exchanges with Japanese dudes no casual fans know and wrestle for garbage indy feds at soup kitchens.

You really are a dumbass :russ:

Rock is the same guy that being a Hollywood megastar came back to wrestling to put over a dude that begged publicly for years to have a match with him. And not only that, he fukking tore his quad after all the HGH/roids he had to take for training after 1 minute of a match, AND CONTINUED TO WRESTLE.

Rock fukked up the schedule of a big Hollywood production just because he wanted to have another huge WM moment for his grandma and his kids. What a smart dude, he clearly didn't care about wrestling and was all about the money :mjlol: :mjlol:

Fans want wrestlers to entertain them. However that happens, that's the main goal. If a wrestler is only about the money and is like :manny: about legit effort, that's not gonna entertain people. You are mixing up working safe with actually giving a fukk. And when a wrestler gives a fukk, it doesn't matter how safe he wants to work, he might end up fukked up anyway (with painkillers, a fluke injury, this horrible business screwing their life up, etc).

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You really are a dumbass :russ:

Rock is the same guy that being a Hollywood megastar came back to wrestling to put over a dude that begged publicly for years to have a match with him. And not only that, he fukking tore his quad after all the HGH/roids he had to take for training after 1 minute of a match, AND CONTINUED TO WRESTLE.

Rock fukked up the schedule of a big Hollywood production. What a smart dude, he clearly didn't care about wrestling and was all about the money :mjlol: :mjlol:

First off Rock made more money that night both from his payday and the publicity of him coming back to wrestle than 95% of wrestlers will ever see in their entire career total, so he certainly cared about securing a bag. Also he came back to wrestle the biggest crossover star WWE had at the moment so he prioritized the biggest drawing match he could have instead of wrestling someone with more "workrate" that would've gotten 5 stars from the neckbeard contingent.

I never said current wrestlers shouldn't care about their careers, I said their priorities are all off. Rock has always been smart in how he moves, he ain't coming back to wrestle some indie darling or a Japanese wrestler, he's gonna go against the guy on top of the card no matter how that guy's "workrate" is considered and that match won't have risky moves or nonsense like thumbtacks and barbed wire.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
First off Rock made more money that night both from his payday and the publicity of him coming back to wrestle than 95% of wrestlers will ever see in their entire career total, so he certainly cared about securing a bag. Also he came back to wrestle the biggest crossover star WWE had at the moment so he prioritized the biggest drawing match he could have instead of wrestling someone with more "workrate" that would've gotten 5 stars from the neckbeard contingent.

I never said current wrestlers shouldn't care about their careers, I said their priorities are all off. Rock has always been smart in how he moves, he ain't coming back to wrestle some indie darling or a Japanese wrestler, he's gonna go against the guy on top of the card no matter how that guy's "workrate" is considered and that match won't have risky moves or nonsense like thumbtacks and barbed wire.

It would be hilarious for The Rock to wrestle fukking Nick Gage in a deathmatch :mjlol:.

A Rock Bottom through plated glass would be something:ohhh:

shyt a "People's Elbow" with a light tube over Nick Gage though.

Man I need to fire up Fire Pro just this alone:blessed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

You also said wrestlers nowadays have their priorities all wrong. How many wrestlers are doing thumbtacks and barbed wire that can coast doing other stuff? Moxley and Jericho? That's like 0,1% of wrestlers today :heh: And I fail to realize how that equates to a problem like Mox, when wrestlers than have never worked a hardcore match that had more than 1 chair shot still got all fukked up on various addictions.

And to be honest, what priority is Rock having in his mind when he could've stayed in Hollywood and keep getting tons of money than risking injury and fukking other people's money like he did for that Cena match? He's not making more $$$ with that WM match than what he was making prior to it in movies, not even close actually. And I agree he was WAY smarter than basically any other wrestler alive in how he went about his business but even he was dumb enough to do what he did 8-10 years ago.

You can go back with a dude like Flair, or Dusty, or Funk, or Harley Race...those dudes were marks too and by your definition got their priorities wrong too. Not even sure it's a "wrestler nowadays" thing either.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I sincerely wish him the best in his recovery. I know we joke about his twitching and allude it to drug dealing (literally only know this from someone quoting something I said from a thread in August) but it’s all out of love, ain’t no malice in my heart for anyone that enters the ring. It’s pure fun.

Not sure how AEW moves forward but wrestling ain’t important rn, take your time Mox.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You also said wrestlers nowadays have their priorities all wrong. How many wrestlers are doing thumbtacks and barbed wire that can coast doing other stuff? Moxley and Jericho? That's like 0,1% of wrestlers today :heh: And I fail to realize how that equates to a problem like Mox, when wrestlers than have never worked a hardcore match that had more than 1 chair shot still got all fukked up on various addictions.

And to be honest, what priority is Rock having in his mind when he could've stayed in Hollywood and keep getting tons of money than risking injury and fukking other people's money like he did for that Cena match? He's not making more $$$ with that WM match than what he was making prior to it in movies, not even close actually. And I agree he was WAY smarter than basically any other wrestler alive in how he went about his business but even he was dumb enough to do what he did 8-10 years ago.

You can go back with a dude like Flair, or Dusty, or Funk, or Harley Race...those dudes were marks too and by your definition got their priorities wrong too. Not even sure it's a "wrestler nowadays" thing either.

When did Flair or Dusty value anything over making the most money in their prime? They always did whatever was needed to stay at the top of the card. Every move they made career wise was about staying a main event draw. As far as I know they never took less $ or voluntarily went down the card just to have lesser status passion project "great matches" that the newsletters would put over.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
When did Flair or Dusty value anything over making the most money in their prime? They always did whatever was needed to stay at the top of the card. Every move they made career wise was about staying a main event draw. As far as I know they never took less $ or voluntarily went down the card just to have lesser status passion project "great matches" that the newsletters would put over.

Flair valued having a reaction over everything, the fact he won money doing it is what has made it impossible for him to ever get rid of his "Nature Boy" persona, he still can't believe he gets a paycheck doing this shyt, he's basically admitted it tons of times. He cost himself money time and time again by doing shyt he didn't need to and putting over other people (or to give the fans "a show"). He over worked himself like a maniac by being a mark for the business and wanting to surpass prior NWA champions in terms of quality and quantity of matches. If wrestlers today are marks, then sure as hell Flair was one back in the day.

Dusty was destroying his body and blading like a moron in different territories for more than a decade when he really didn't have to do it. Big part of it was being one of the boys with Murdoch :heh:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I was the perfect age for a kid who thought The Bushwhackers were awesome

I had no idea they were hardcore and could wrestle their ass off.

It is probably how they got to be the comedy wrestlers, but for me, they didn't need to spill a drop of blood to leave a legacy.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I think Mox should just take off the next year. He will always have a home in Wrestling. He has always been very private, and sort of gruff towards exposing his private life.

This Pandemic is still going on, and yet Moxley never took off to relax.

First thing is first, getting cleaned. Thankfully Renee seems to be grounded, and probably helped him realize to enter rehab. I think when you have someone like Moxley, you need a strong partner to tell you to stop and Renee always seems like a person who could push back.